• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, < powerful than 360. No $ 3party. [Tweets Deleted]

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well, he's not completely wrong, but I agree its not the sort of things he should say on Twitter.

Kevtones

I guess it's impossible to conceive that someone took his linkedin profile picture, made a twitter account, and went it at. However, it looks like he does have a longer history so it's possible he's been hacked.

He's got 186 tweets lifetime, 7 of them in about an hour, all very pointed and unprofessional. Whether he's right or not, it's just not very bright.

I-hate-u

It is so crazy for me that people are bashing Nintendo like that. This is the company that sold 100 million units of their home console this generation and no third party with the exception of a few were able to make money on the machine. Obviously the third party companies are taking the wrong approach with Nintendo system.

Now, I agree that they need to change up their business practices. For one, they sell their best NES/SNES games to iOS/Android for $4.99. They would make a killing and expose their IPs to a wider market that will generate more interest in their consoles.

Owzers

Wii was a terrible system, but it sold, so people were a little quiet
Wii U is a terrible system, it's not selling, the floodgates are open.

Inartfully worded, but... this shit is only 25% self-fulfilling prophecy, 75% NCL's fault for the decisions that have made it such an unappealing platform for third parties.

Kiraly

What if that Japanese twitter guy everyone on GAF loves would say stuff like this? Would that make it okay?

.la1n

Wish he would tell us what he really thinks. This PR babble is so tiresome.

What you did there, I see it.

Seeing as how the other EA employees (still employed) who have similar tweets I think it may be a bit premature to start assuming he is getting fired over this.

scitek

So no one hacked this guy's account and said this inflammatory stuff to start something? It seems really angry and unprofessional is all I'm saying.

Wiseblade

Adam Orth made Microsoft look bad to Microsoft customers.

This guy is making EA look bad to Nintendo customers, a platform EA just completely dropped.

EA are still making 3DS games, right? I doubt the number of people who own a Wii U and don't own a 3DS is very high.

Arxisz

Ouch. But he's speaking the truth though, don't know about that weaker than 360 comment but I don't think there is enough reason for him to lose his job, also it's not like EA have a "unpreceded partnership" going on with Nintendo right now so he should be pretty safe.

Foffy

Banned
Its Twitter not Neogaf. Twitter brings out the stupid in people. Hey guys we relabeled Madden 12 as Madden 13 and it didn't sell I wonder why

Shhhh. EA games sell because they clearly put talent and effort into all of their games. It's N-Nintendo!

wrowa

Why would he lose his job? If anything the person in charge of him will tell him not to do it again and call it a day. EA is not working on Nintendo games, so there's hardly a relationship that could be harmed by this.

herod

sounds like EA's only trick is using MOAR POWER.

well, I knew this already but good to see it glibly confirmed.

creatively bankrupt since 2003.

dude's job is secure. what are people going to do now.... boycott EA on wii u?

i kind of side with his comments though and i own a wii u. right now, it's crap, but i'm obviously waiting for nintendo games... huge emphasis on "nintendo" games which is part of the problem 3rd party publishers see with the nintendo audience. they don't buy the system for 3rd party titles, they buy it for 1st party offerings and it's been this way for quite a while now.

as for his comments about the wii u being less powerful than a 360, i'll simply disagree with that one. the gpu is more powerful and the cpu might be less powerful at certain tasks, but better at others...

the obvious issue is that there's no market for 3rd parties on wii u.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The best tweet is the one where he wonders if the Ouya will capture the casual userbase. That's less likely than EA games on the Wii U.

EA employees can see my internal website at http://bob.ea.com which contains details of all the EA technology which I have contributed to, and articles I have written for internal consumption.

Actually wonder if there is some internal document everyone can see at EA that blasts wiiu

Top Bottom