• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, < powerful than 360. No $ 3party. [Tweets Deleted]

x-Lundz-x

tumblr_lunt92GhbX1r6984go1_400.gif

This is absolutely perfect for a 1st reply.

Man WiiU taking a pounding lol.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
He's entitled to his opinion.

Its not healthy that your employer should be able to set the limits to your rights of free speech. Obviously doing stuff that is harmful to your employer's business is going to cause problems, but simply passing comment on a general industry topic... pfft.

Didn't they reduce the player count though? So maybe stronger in some areas, weaker in others, and the weaker in others pertains more specifically to the yearly sports titles EA Sports works on.
There's nothing to directly indicate the reduced player count was due to hardware spec though. It's been speculated yes, but it's also been speculated it was due to better servicing a likely much lower sized community.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
EA's not gong to care. They dropped Nintendo. What at risk? Theyre unprecedented partnership with Nintendo?

Their long-term relationship with the most famous and well-known videogame company of all time? Just because they aren't collaborating at the moment doesn't mean they're done forever. Dude would be slapped if I were his boss.

ymmv

Banned
It is so crazy for me that people are bashing Nintendo like that. This is the company that sold 100 million units of their home console this generation and no third party with the exception of a few were able to make money on the machine.

Western devs/publishers are bashing Nintendo because they're not working on Nintendo consoles, their bread and butter are the PS360, next gen consoles and the PC. That's where their audience is. Nintendo is so far out of their world that the company may as well be based on the moon.

Recall

EA like DLC for their games. As I'm pretty ignorant about it does the WiiU store and OS make this possible or is DLC closed off on WiiU titles?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Nintendo with a knee down, vulture flying around.

Nintendo can get their act together soon with Wii U, and EA may very well work with them again next year. These comments are borderline, to say the least.

WTF, I guess this is what 90% of devs think, things are tough for Wii U, I hope they can turn this around, I really like my Wii U.

disco

He's just jealous he has no talent or capability to make anything competent for any platform that has anywhere near the quality of a Nintendo title. He can just shrivel back off under his rock into mediocrity.

Coolwhip

Banned
He is the baby is that photo right?

Also, worst company in the US because of people like this. A grown man spouting this on Twitter. Sigh.

enewtabie

There's some terrible business sense in this thread. If you don't speak for your employer,don't open your mouth on twitter. He's a senior engineer, he doesn't talk for EA. He won't get fired,but I guarantee he's gets talked to about this. It doesn't matter about unprecendented anything or if EA doesn't make games for Nintendo. You don't conduct yourself in this manner.

VariantX

He's just jealous he has no talent or capability to make anything competent for any platform that has anywhere near the quality of a Nintendo title. He can just shrivel back off under his rock into mediocrity.

He's not jealous of anything, it just doesn't matter in their company's overall game plan going forward.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
EA are still making 3DS games, right? I doubt the number of people who own a Wii U and don't own a 3DS is very high.

well Frostbite Go don't even support 3DS, and that the engine for their future mobile games I think it mean EA is kinda dropping the 3DS as well.

He's not really wrong, he could've been more tactful about it but that statement about offering Mario and Zelda as PS4/Duragon exclusive is fucking stupid and even he should know that.

Let's be honest the chances of Nintendo turning around the Wii U is slim but if they do turn it around, I wonder how they're gonna react to the 3rd party pubs. Are they gonna be welcoming or say fuck all of you that were shitting on us lol.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The real irony is that this is what is said by the devs themselves who are smart enough not to say it out loud. He isn't the only one who shares this opinion.

LMAO, he is a senior engineer at EA, he is probably jealous of you.

dat ability to post on GAF with opinion.

kevinski

Banned
I can't say that I disagree. The problem with Wii U's lack of power is that it's also rendering to a second screen (and potentially a third in the future). As for stuff that isn't Mario or Zelda not selling, c'mon, guys...look at the typical Nintendo Direct. Nearly all of the titles were Mario games. If Nintendo wants to attract core gamers, rather than just core Nintendo gamers, then Nintendo really NEEDS third parties.

epmode

Posts like this make threads like these worthwhile.

Kiraly

Haha, you know absolutely nothing of the guy and still this salty

Mario007

Lol, really?

Love the meltdowns.

I haven't read the whole thread, but has there been a post as similar & awesome to this one?

Not really. However Wii U tech nerds might know more about the modern Wii U architecture than DICE. Who knows what version of the kit they had. It's gone through tonnes of improvements.

Anyway, I don't believe for a second Wii U couldn't run it in some form and hence the games come to the system. The last tweet was spot on.

They should have "done a Sega" and offered Mario/Zelda as PS4/Durango exclusives

Nintendo should have gone bankrupt, merged with a two-bit company to save themselves, restructured their entire business to cut out one of their biggest sources of income and means of maintaining quality, spent tens to hundreds of millions upgrading their dev tech and staff numbers even further than they did for Wii U (which they barely managed), and squeezed out their highest prestige IPs as quickly as possible as exclusives that are also multiplatforms

Top Bottom