• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, < powerful than 360. No $ 3party. [Tweets Deleted]

Wii U owners should boycott EA games until they issue an apology.
1287666826226.png
lol

hammster

Archbishop of Canterburny
Are people still calling the relationship breakdown a conspiracy theory or are people OPENING THEIR EYES?

Nintendo fans are great at being mad at other people for saying Nintendo makes underpowered hardware. Why they can't mentally cut out the middle man and just be mad at Nintendo for making the underpowered hardware in the first place is the real mystery. Instead it seems the overwhelming pattern of nintendo fandom is to defend Nintendo's decision to cheat their customers out of current technology at all costs, and attack anyone who says anything negative about it.

lol at the people feeling bad for Nintendo. You know that Nintendo put themselves in the shit right? Nintendo should go back to the days when they actually matched the competitors hardware. I think devs are getting tired of developing games that are soon to be a generation behind.

Omni

He's just jealous he has no talent or capability to make anything competent for any platform that has anywhere near the quality of a Nintendo title. He can just shrivel back off under his rock into mediocrity.
Never change, GAF.

Manus

He's just jealous he has no talent or capability to make anything competent for any platform that has anywhere near the quality of a Nintendo title. He can just shrivel back off under his rock into mediocrity.

This has to be a joke post...come on now.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
EA going for the throat.... Damn, they really can't have WiiU success or nonce back after they shat on it in public for months now.

Interesting partnership...

JohngPR

"Yep, we've got plenty of problems, but WiiU isn't where that family/casual market is. It's on mobile/tablet now!"

EA: Got 99 problems but Wii U ain't one! If you waiting for Boom Blox 3 for Wii U then I feel bad for you son!

There's nothing to directly indicate the reduced player count was due to hardware spec though. It's been speculated yes, but it's also been speculated it was due to better servicing a likely much lower sized community.

That is my suspicion. Or a tricky time with netcode. The game runs better in every conceivable way, so it would be a real stretch to implicate the basic capability of the console.

even if you truly believe this, you dont come out and say it in public!

very unprofessional and he probably just kissed his job goodbye.

idiot!!

He's certainly more qualified than I am to talk about the hardware capabilities. But I'm always surprised when developers are like, "Durrrrr. How do tablet work?" I mean, it's not "weird" because you really don't have to do anything with it. It's a dual analog pad. And he's promoting mobile anyway.

Yeah, I wouldn't wager on EA putting out 3DS stuff now, with their online and cellphone focus, they have much of that audience covered platform royalty-free.
iOS isn't royalty free.

I think we might still see PVZ2 on the eShop, given Popcap did pretty good business on DSiWare. That's pretty much all I can see coming out EA.

He didn't take TIME to understand the COMPLEX architecture, that is so modern and easy to use, yet weird and will take years before we see anything advanced, yet closer to next gen than Wii was to last gen, yet halfway to PS4 and 75% of Durango, and everything he worked on was, like, on dev kits that had only 1/2 the power, with a further 25% to be released at the next Nintendo Direct.

Nibel

"Our FIFA 12 port that we packaged as FIFA 13 didn't sell because customers know better"

They should have "done a Sega" and offered Mario/Zelda as PS4/Durango exclusives

:lol Let's see where this gets; it's amusing for sure and everybody who is offended by this needs to relax

RM8

I understand EA's importance and all, but -personally- I don't care one bit. I don't buy their stuff on PS3 or PC either. They're also okay with releasing broken, unfinished software on Nintendo platforms, so meh.

Can't wait for an EA response if any. I imagine they will say something that will make them come out looking clean and he does not represent all of EA or whatever whilst they laugh behind close doors.

Lime

Why are some people in this thread taking criticism of a console so incredibly personal? E.g. "asshat", "idiot", "Adam Orth", etc.

Sandfox

What's bad PR with Nintendo fans going to do? Is there a lower step on the Worst Business ladder than last?

Yeah because Nintendo fans are the only ones reading this on twitter and thinking this guy making these comments represents the entire company. Also, if you were voted the worst company wouldn't you want to do all you can avoid more bad press?

I don't think the guy need to be fired or even apologize for having an opinion but I think he should delete the tweet before fanboys start flaming him and certain news sites start making a big deal out of it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
EA never really figured out how to make money on the Wii like Ubisoft and Activision did, and their portable contributions have been spotty at best (Hatsworth notwithstanding), so this isn't really a surprise.

ymmv

Banned
We crave non-PRspeak, and when we get it we whine. This type of honesty is refreshing.

Most people in the industry feel that way. Remember how an audience of devs laughed heartily when Mark Rein very decidely said "No" when asked if the Wii would get UE4?

I just hope that EA guy doesn't apologize for hurting the feelings of Wii U fans.

SmokyDave

Why the fuck do people keep calling next gen "gen 4."

Just because it's Playstation 4, does not mean it is "gen 4."
That's how EA devs classify the console gens.

Gen 3 - PS3 / 360 / Wii-U

Gen 4 - PS4 / 720

Makes more sense from an engine / asset point of view.

Reiko

Banned

I give this meltdown a 10/10

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Oh you.

Coolwhip

Banned
Harsh.

True.

Harsh and dumb.

The Wii U isn't worse techwise than a 360 and this manbaby should ask Ubisoft how much money they made on the Wii.

It's like 3rd party developers that failed on the Wii are bitter because Nintendo was making truckloads of money.

Top Bottom