• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early Dunkirk impressions (Social Media embargo lifted)

effzee

Agreed, the early reviews are ridiculous and 0% trustworthy and the people getting all mad defending Interstellar (lol) aside, this seems like it has a lot of potential to be a really good movie. Not a lot of room for Nolan to get in his own way on this one.

On the other hand ppl will believe any negative buzz about a movie before hand.

And LOL at posts about wanting a Nolan movie that isn't Nolan in essence. This movie won't have dialogue, or at least much of it, but I'm sure the usual suspects will find their usual Nolan flaws.

Heck I can see it now. Slowed down gifs of the 1000s of extras caught doing something funny.

On the other hand ppl will believe any negative buzz about a movie before hand.

And LOL at posts about wanting a Nolan movie that isn't Nolan in essence. This movie won't have dialogue, or at least much of it, but I'm sure the usual suspects will find their usual Nolan flaws.

Heck I can see it now. Slowed down gifs of the 1000s of extras caught doing something funny.
People where already posting that gif of the soldiers on the boat with one guy mugging the camera while the rest look scared shitless in the trailer threads.

DMczaf

From one of the mods at BO Theory that has seen it.

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/t...at-10am-pacific-no-spoilers-allowed/?page=244

I told you bastards this thing would blow people away with the unexpected timeline presentation. I've never seen anything like it, not even the Inception timelines that some are comparing it to because they have nothing else to compare it to.

Flat out brilliant and Nolan and his editor should be right in the mix for Best Director and Best Editing.

Ninjimbo

I'm ready for this. My only fear is that the story is going to be so thin that a rewatch will be pretty boring like Mad Max.

A WWII movie rated PG13? I dont like to say a seasoned and successful director "should" do something before Ive seen his film but man I cant help but think that the violence will have to be sanitized a lot for that PG13 movies effectively reducing effectiveness for a movie set in war torn Europe.

A WWII movie rated PG13? I dont like to say a seasoned and successful director "should" do something before Ive seen his film but man I cant help but think that the violence will have to be sanitized a lot for that PG13 movies effectively reducing effectiveness for a movie set in war torn Europe.

The focus is on the evacuation itself it seems so I don't think the violence is as important as something in the trenches

zsynqx

Nolan on why he chose the PG13 rating

"All of my big blockbuster films have been PG-13. It's a rating I feel comfortable working with totally. Dunkirk is not a war film. It's a survival story and first and foremost a suspense film. So while there is a high level of intensity to it, it does not necessarily concern itself with the bloody aspects of combat, which have been so well done in so many films. We were really trying to take a different approach and achieve intensity in a different way. I would really like lots of different types of people to get something out of the experience."

number11

Summer blockbuster season continues. Week after week of great movies. Last summer had Civil War.. and that was pretty much the only action film worth watching.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I am all set for July 20th 7PM IMAX show

it did hurt a little paying $20.50 for the tickets lol

So torn, I have both IMAX 70mm and iPic tickets. Giant screen or superior night out?

This is not even debatable. Very few movies are made with IMAX cameras. If you can, you should experience it in IMAX no question

I am all set for July 20th 7PM IMAX show

it did hurt a little paying $20.50 for the tickets lol

This is not even debatable. Very few movies are made with IMAX cameras. If you can, you should experience it in IMAX no question

yeah that 20.50 price per ticket felt extortionate lol.

still. set for July 20th at 10 in Imax 70mm. Gonna be so hype.

GeekyDad

H1yCNVn.jpg

Wow... :D

That's completely offensive and hilarious at the same time.

Hyun Sai

I m happy to see a non gory War movie doing well as I was under the impression that people thought it was neccessary for this genre. It's not.

Top Bottom