• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EastEnders |OT| Get Outta My Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

i completely forgot about friday's duff-duff, and when this episode started i thought WTF. lol.

I love that Sharon has completely forgotton she has a son.

"Families stick together", right.

Is Jake Wood taking a break or something? Wondered if that's why they've suddenly made Abi an honorary Mitchell.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I love that Sharon has completely forgotton she has a son.

"Families stick together", right.

Is Jake Wood taking a break or something? Wondered if that's why they've suddenly made Abi an honorary Mitchell.

Think he's doing some Red Nose Day stuff, but other than that, no idea.

Reading through some comments on facebook about last night's episode, seems a lot of people are praising Nancy's acting with epilepsy. Apparently there were signs leading up to the seizure, did not notice that myself. Glad they're raising awareness of it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Think he's doing some Red Nose Day stuff, but other than that, no idea.

Reading through some comments on facebook about last night's episode, seems a lot of people are praising Nancy's acting with epilepsy. Apparently there were signs leading up to the seizure, did not notice that myself. Glad they're raising awareness of it.

When she was zoned out on the chair. Her nan made a reference to it too.

"Did you find out whether it was an Arthur or a Martha?"

That's not a phrase, is it? I'm betting Danny Dyer put her up to saying it.

Slaggy Kat is my favourite Kat.

Mainly because there's been far too little 'mouthing off' lately. Barely anyone gets thrown out of the pub anymore. Everyone just yells at home.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Slaggy Kat is my favourite Kat.

Mainly because there's been far too little 'mouthing off' lately. Barely anyone gets thrown out of the pub anymore. Everyone just yells at home.

We're long due a proper punch-up, Christmas was okay but we need a proper family feud. Hopefully it's Carters vs Moons/Brannings/Slaters etc.

Speaking of which, Stacey was looking fine today.

MikeMyers

Just watched the episode. Pretty good Kat-centric episode, especially the interactions with Fatboy.

Although I will say Jessie Wallace's acting felt a bit off. I feel like she could have been more passive aggressive at times. Oh, and Jessie Wallace finally joined twitter. I followed her.

Watching the episode made me realise Kat has basically shared the Carters' storylines: she became pregnant after being raped by a family member, and also had to pretend to be a sibling to her child. I'm surprised the Carters haven't come to her for tips before now.

Demain

Watching the episode made me realise Kat has basically shared the Carters' storylines: she became pregnant after being raped by a family member, and also had to pretend to be a sibling to her child. I'm surprised the Carters haven't come to her for tips before now.

I never realised they had that much in common. Kat needs to be given a decent story, I'm fed up of desperate alcho Kat.

MikeMyers

Saw the episode:
1st person Kat meets is called Clinton.
2nd person Kat meets is called Hilary.

I see what you did there.

Volotaire

I did like the heart to heart all woman talk on Thursday's episode, but I still dislike how they have treated Kat as a character. She is overwhelmingly negative, to the point where I feel like switching off when she is in a scene.

Volotaire

I think Kat is meant to be depressed at the moment, hence the behavior.

This hasn't been a short term trend however (much like depression you could say as a counter). Perhaps it's not the characterisation of the conditions she has that I have a problem with, it's her acting that is grating.

Has suicide been covered much in past years?

Only assisted suicide with Stan Carter and Ethel (IIRC all the recent storylines). It would make for an interesting storyline. I remember Stella, but that was not out of depression or a long term trend, that was a quick decision due to the conditions and circumstances she found herself in.

Only assisted suicide with Stan Carter and Ethel (IIRC all the recent storylines). It would make for an interesting storyline. I remember Stella, but that was not out of depression or a long term trend, that was a quick decision due to the conditions and circumstances she found herself in.

It would make a great Christmas story (a nice upbeat festive tale).

You could even make it Lucy Beale-esque where you see a fairly liked/recognisable character degenerate and lose all social contacts over the course of a few months before committing suicide. And then the fall out from everyone who feels partly responsible for not doing more.

Someone like Nancy would work well, in terms of being pushed to the background in her family and losing her friends due to various happenings.

Volotaire

It would make a great Christmas story (a nice upbeat festive tale).

You could even make it Lucy Beale-esque where you see a fairly liked/recognisable character degenerate and lose all social contacts over the course of a few months before committing suicide. And then the fall out from everyone who feels partly responsible for not doing more.

Someone like Nancy would work well, in terms of being pushed to the background in her family and losing her friends due to various happenings.

Nancy would work quite well for a storyline like that. She's a terrific actor too.

MikeMyers

Just saw it. Still haven't gotten used to the new Martin yet.

This hasn't been a short term trend however (much like depression you could say as a counter). Perhaps it's not the characterisation of the conditions she has that I have a problem with, it's her acting that is grating.

That's a good point. I thought Zoe was incredibly rude to Kat in tonight's episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom