• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista Koo

Maybe you only meant their content profile excluding the brand? Even then I would still disagree. Yes EZA does a lot of weird shit but undeniably at the end of the day their content profile is gaming focused. If I had to describe EZA I would describe them as a gaming channel that also does other stuff.

Very much sorry if I'm still misunderstanding something.
Yes, because they are content creators.
Gaming is too big in scope nowadays, they're are like million subcultures often with very little intersection. You can't necessarily market yourself as another gaming channel that also does other stuff.

That feel when Colin Moriarty's new gig is closing in on EZA patreon numbers in 1 day (and well above the individual KF patreons).

I don't have quite the hate for him that some here seem to have but I don't know what to think anymore lol. Then again who knows if it's sustainable, must be a ton of pressure to make content that keep people invested.

Maybe Bosman needs to start a pseudo political show with bonus bits :d.

It's not gaming related so I expect the numbers to die down considerably post initial launch hype.

AlucardGV

Banned
i gotta try the diapers. i'm always super anxious when i'm cleaning monitors and tvs

anyway, happy 1 year! too bad we're short of 550 people, but still it's been a great year

It's not gaming related so I expect the numbers to die down considerably post initial launch hype.

I can't say I am surprised that the nut jobs of the internet are willing to shovel coal into that shit-show of a furnace and I am not surprised it isn't gaming related. From my experiences of him you could fit his gaming knowledge onto a stamp and still have 90% of the space left for putting snot on.

Roubjon

I feel like they really over exaggerated how clunky and bad Nier 1 is in FrameTrap. The combat isn't deep, but it's not like it feels bad. And the game doesn't look great, but it has an interesting art direction. Maybe I just love it and I'm the lone one in the corner.

Auctopus

Happy Anniversary, Easy Allies! Here's the new OT design. There's a few things missing right now, even some notable absences but I wanted to create a new foundation for an OT that can be added to fast & loose in the future. There's also some information that could be communicated in a more "fun" way but it's a work in progress! The BB Code is a lot simpler and relies more on images now so it should load nice and fast.

There's links to all of EZA's sites etc. so it should be pretty intuitive for new fans as well! L&R.

ezaot17finalstitchintomuxd.png

whatsnextcreditsqvxn2.png

Please take a look if you get the chance and let me know any critiques or additions that you think should be made.

Jotaka

Please take a look if you get the chance and let me know any critiques or additions that you think should be made.

- missing a honorable member: Sophie

- the background color choice is a little dull... to dark? seems off. I am not graphic designer.

Auctopus

- missing a honorable member: Sophie

- the background color choice is a little dull... to dark? seems off. I am not graphic designer.

Well, I wanted it to follow EZA's house aesthetic but make it a little different. I still could only really work with Black, Red & White. That's probably why in the end, the colour feels a little dull. I'll see in the future I can make it a little more enjoyable.

Craving a mars bar all of a sudden for some reason.

Hahaha, I didn't notice that until you said it. I was going to add some gold trim in places originally too.

GameTrailers has a capital T. Other than that, I think it's amazing!

Oh yeah, thanks!

Daggoth

The lack of a period at the end of Huber Syndrome is upsetting me far more than it actually should :(

Another vote for Sophie as well. Also, is it worth mentioning Fiasconauts?

Fiasconauts is absolutely worth mentioning as it's a regular program (and the best)

Don's is worth mentioning but you should note that it's elusive and exclusively shadow dropped.

Misspelled "discussion" in the Frame Trap section

For Fiasconauts maybe something like this?

Fiasconauts:
On the last friday of every month, the Allies gather to play a game of Fiasco. There's about 45 minutes of setup, and 2 full hours of completely improvised storytelling in 2 acts. The "game" comes in whether the player succeeds or fails in their scene (as decided by other players). Beautiful, hilarious chaos in this one-of-a-kind cinematic experience.

If you wanted to keep it brief you could delete the second to last sentence too

wiibomb

oh baby!! One year already, gotta say, it feels much more.

thanks to all for the L&R and the good times together, I wish I could be there for the celebrations, but unfortunately it isn't easy being in a different country.

Auctopus

Found a pretty horrible comment on the latest Frame Trap about Mass Effect: Andromeda being the result of a developer hiring based on a diversity quota rather than talent.

Not nice to see that type of mentality hanging around Easy Allies.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Happy anniversary everyone, hope everyone going has the greatest of times and to a successful year 2!
Found a pretty horrible comment on the latest Frame Trap about Mass Effect: Andromeda being the result of a developer hiring based on a diversity quota rather than talent.

That sucks not sure what to do to be honest for youtube comments I kind of resigned that they're probably mostly going to be pretty bad. I downvoted the comment you seem to refer to because I don't think stuff like that has any place anywhere but I doubt that, that will do anything.

Haven't seen it all yet, you mean in the comments or the actual ep?

Happy Anniversary, Easy Allies! Here's the new OT design. There's a few things missing right now, even some notable absences but I wanted to create a new foundation for an OT that can be added to fast & loose in the future. There's also some information that could be communicated in a more "fun" way but it's a work in progress! The BB Code is a lot simpler and relies more on images now so it should load nice and fast.

There's links to all of EZA's sites etc. so it should be pretty intuitive for new fans as well! L&R.

This looks great. Not sure I have a good solution, but I don't know that the Bud Light and Fat Burger jokes come across as jokes to a newcomer.

Happy anniversary to the gents who give me a lot of inspiration to break into this industry! Keep up the amazing work. It's been a pleasure listening and watching you guys succeed in the face of adversity.

Auctopus

This looks great. Not sure I have a good solution, but I don't know that the Bud Light and Fat Burger jokes come across as jokes to a newcomer.

Thanks, Blood! Yeah, you're probably right. I tried to strike a balance between something long-time fans might enjoy reading and something that would introduce each person well to new fans. Those two references might be two of the more stranger ones (and legally consequential) to include.

I'll give it some work, glad you like it!

Tregard

Soothsayer
I remember the moment I found out GT was shutting down. I had just had a long terrible day at University, got back to my student house, and was sitting playing Bayonetta on my WiiU. After a while, I went up to bed, and then I saw the thread on NeoGAF. I had to reread it three or four times because it just didn't process. They were so good, they were going so well, everything seemed great. Why had this happened? I was still reeling from Elyse leaving, so this was salting the wound to an insane degree.

I stayed up until 3am watching that whole final stream, and I felt like crap for a few days. I can only imagine that's the way people feel when their favourite bands split up unexpectedly. I had lost a fundamental part of my schedule, a community I'd grown to cherish was slowly fading away.

Then Easy Allies came along not a moment too soon! I felt a rekindled enthusiasm for the industry I worked in and enjoyed. I've been so happy to support them for a whole year, to many more!

L&R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom