• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie OD

I'm a little surprised that Battlefield 1 wasn't brought up on the podcast when they were talking about whether or not the COD fanbase would be into their gameplay adapting itself for a historical war setting. Thought BF1 would have been a good example to use in that conversation, positive or negative.

Huber hyped for that WW2

P5t6gpK.gif

Oh man

Has bosman ever addressed the Tetris effect? I've recently gotten into the game and I keep seeing slotted pieces behind my eyes throughout the day. It's wild. I can't stop playing it though. Puyo puyo Tetris is fantastic

Just wanted to address some of the audio-related issues with streams and videos lately.

• Kyle not being able to hear the Snake Pass game audio and music (composed by David Wise). He kept bringing it up and it felt bad.
  • A lot of clipping on the March 15th + 22nd podcasts. Seems improved on the latest pod.
  • Same clipping issues on current series of TTE. Had to stop listening with earbuds because the clipping was so harsh at times.
  • Moments where folks are just too far away from the microphone.
I know the resources may not be there right now, but is there talk (or the possibility) of someone managing a mixer during these recordings? It seems like a lot of these issues could be avoided if someone was listening to the live audio. Or maybe even having the Allies wear headphones with the live audio feed -- should help make everyone more conscious of things.

Lastly, is there anyway to improve the acoustic insulation of the garage? I know the space is pretty cavernous with the vaulted ceilings and all, but I'm just wondering if there's something that could be done with the current setup.

Sorry to get snobby with the audio stuff again, it's just something I'm passionate about.

L&R

Bahorel

Where can I go to see the list of current bets? I thought I'd see it stickied somewhere in the forum but I'm not finding it.

I just saw the GotG trailer came out and I want to know more details about that bet, etc

wiibomb

this podcast was amazing in revealing lost memories, like that fake top 5 brandon mentioned or the disappointment in Bosman's bit with Kojima

BTW that bit from Final Bosman is still to this day my favorite, I don't see how Bosman can feel bad about it, that thing was incredible

Budi

I know there's still been a few requests for Witcher 3, but it's been almost a year since I played Blood & Wine so I'd certainly end up talking about it in more vague terms since it's no longer fresh in my mind. To me it would just make more sense to move on to something more recent like Horizon or Zelda, or to make an effort to figure out who's going to tackle Persona 5.

Oh man, you are crushing me Blood! I've been waiting patiently for so long, Ben and Huber have kept me so positive. I guess I just need to let go and wait for the Witcher retrospective before Cyberpunk release!

Oh man, you are crushing me Blood! I've been waiting patiently for so long, Ben and Huber have kept me so positive. I guess I just need to let go and wait for the Witcher retrospective before Cyberpunk release!
Witcher 3 Full Playthrough Friday, one sitting, do it Blood

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Witcher 3 Full Playthrough Friday, one sitting, do it Blood

Also cancelling my pledge by Wednesday if not all the allies have finished Persona 5 by then. I mean what are they doing if they can't even finish a 100+ hour game in a single day. What am I even paying for?!! :p

Philippo

I'll be very surprised if I don't end up liking P5 more.

Oh i wasn't talking about quality (let's admit it, P5 is a miraculously polished gem), or liking one more than the other, just that there is a game out there with the same (i'd say even more) emotional weight.
NieR is one hell of a thought provoking game.

Pygrus

I've been watching so much Final Bosman.

I'm so pissed at myself for missing out on this stuff when a lot of the topics were more relevant. Some of the topics are still present in gaming today, but his takes on games are great.

Also, listening to how wrong he was on some of the predictions makes some of the episodes that much funnier.

lord

I've been watching so much Final Bosman.

I'm so pissed at myself for missing out on this stuff when a lot of the topics were more relevant. Some of the topics are still present in gaming today, but his takes on games are great.

Also, listening to how wrong he was on some of the predictions makes some of the episodes that much funnier.
I want liquid bosman back

Pygrus

I want liquid bosman back

I want a podcast episode moderated by Kyle Bosman who has a replacement arm from Liquid Bosman. Kyle Bosman would have to use his ironwill to stop Liquid from overtaking his consciousness.

Kyle would fail though, obviously.

Deep down you know I'm right.
;)
I don't blame you for being upset at Atlus' inability to create a waifu as multifacted and captivating as Tetsuna or Sosume

Persona 5 will be delayed indefinitely as penance for your shameful display of nonbelief in Bosman's cause to defeat the Woz

luchadork

For instance, I know there's still been a few requests for Witcher 3, but it's been almost a year since I played Blood & Wine so I'd certainly end up talking about it in more vague terms since it's no longer fresh in my mind. To me it would just make more sense to move on to something more recent like Horizon or Zelda, or to make an effort to figure out who's going to tackle Persona 5.

Isn't that the standard turn around for EZA reviews/discussions?

tumblr_mipsdkM7Qr1r92x6io1_500.gif

For real though. Maybe year 2 can be focused on you guys improving your production pipeline/scheduling?

I dont mean to make excuses for them, but there is no way the allies could keep up with this Q1 anyways. There was an absolute onslaught of 20-50 hour games.

MrMette

I dont mean to make excuses for them, but there is no way the allies could keep up with this Q1 anyways. There was an absolute onslaught of 20-50 hour games.

I agree, I also rather have them play the game fully before releasing their review instead of rushing it out like most websites/magazines/youtubers do. I have much more faith in reviewers who take their time with the game before givning it a score compared to reviewers who played a 100 hour game for 10 hours and review it to be the first to release the review.

It's also the publishers choice. If EZA don't get their games some weeks beforehand, they will never be able to finish a good review on embargo day.

I am ok with the way they are doing it right now. If they get the game in time and the reviewer has enough time to finish the review, great. If not, also great. If the content is good, I am happy.
It also gives you recognition as a trusted reviewer: http://opencritic.com/blog/10/most-trusted-publications-of-2016. I don't see why they should change how they are doing their reviews at all.

Visceir

Don't mean to knock late reviews again and the allies aren't really in a position to do something like that but I do wish they'd have some kind of early impressions/discussion thing ready to go the second the embargo drops and when people are the hungriest for that kind of stuff. Right now it feels like there's a rule for the allies to go radio silent on something until the review is posted.

Yeah, I think it's pretty impressive how well they've kept up with the ridiculous wave of RPGs and open world games we've received over the last few months. If anything, I think they could've skipped Sniper Elite 4 and Fire Emblem Heroes.

I forgot that Kojima came to GT towards the end of its run. His part in The Final Bosman was a great reveal.

I really wish the Allies would talk about meeting Kojima, they never even mentioned it outside of that episode. Ben constantly cites MGS and his favourite game and possibly the reason he got in to video-games journalism and I know it's high on Bosman's list.

Must've been a crazy experience.

Huber thoughts on P5 where?

Podcast. Available to Patrons now and non-Patrons on Friday.

I forgot that Kojima came to GT towards the end of its run. His part in The Final Bosman was a great reveal.

I really wish the Allies would talk about meeting Kojima, they never even mentioned it outside of that episode. Ben constantly cites MGS and his favourite game and possibly the reason he got in to video-games journalism and I know it's high on Bosman's list.

Must've been a crazy experience.

Podcast. Available to Patrons now and non-Patrons on Friday.
Ah hadn't listened to the podcast yet. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom