• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Should have probably added a cute emoji at the statement or something, I mainly just think it's amusing that Hasney calls it insanity but at the same time I could easily see Kyle having a rule like that.

"Things Kyle does" and "insanity" aren't always that far apart
which is probably why we love him.

Xenoboy

Didn't a game for an ally come from Brandon, where he reserved FF6, since it would be a waste, maybe not that word, if several of the allies also played it since it's such a long game.

Should have probably added a cute emoji at the statement or something, I mainly just think it's amusing that Hasney calls it insanity but at the same time I could easily see Kyle having a rule like that.
Ah gotcha. Sorry I misinterpreted that

In other news they hit 6130 patrons! The New EZA record continues to grow.

Hasney

Didn't a game for an ally come from Brandon, where he reserved FF6, since it would be a waste, maybe not that word, if several of the allies also played it since it's such a long game.

That was a joke. He was saying he 'called' it in Slack and then the rest of the Allies were just like "ooooh, Brandon can reserve games now!" from the way he was saying it on the FF6 stream. It's not an actual thing.

I love how diverse opinions can be sometimes :p
What you intensely disliked I adored.

Yes. That ending had me feeling more emotional then any game in a while. That said, it's definitely going to be hit or miss. I'm worried for my friend who's playing through right now
He gets frustrated at games, is quick to label stuff bad game-design without context but is also the type person who would be adamant about never asking for help.

I fully support the choice to lock comments if it was super toxic, and I don't see any reason why someone shouldn't be able to stream a game they aren't super enthralled in. No one should expect anyone else to have the same reaction to a game as you did.

ShadyK54

I don't think Spoiler Mode is meant to be some three-hour Matthewmatosis-esque breakdown/analysis of every facet of a game. It's an environment where the Allies can discuss a game together without having to worry about spoilers.

Yup, and the Allies delivered on that for me IMO. It was a good video & solid first episode of a new series.

Edit: "Full Nintendo" c'mon now.

Cellsplitter

Neo Member
That's clearly fake.

Also, so what if Damiani didn't like nier. Jesus, some people are getting pretty sad in this thread. Honestly.

Hate to break it to ya but that's completely genuine. As someone who's been closely following Liam's videos and streams for years I know he is a die-hard Nier fan and was looking forward to this game more then anything in the world. Seeing him break down in tears at the end just shows his raw emotions and it's beautiful.

Edit: And I also think Damiani has every right to dislike a game. I think people just got up in arms over how he handled it by giving up at the very end and looking up the ending on Youtube.

Auctopus

I'm sorry, are people actually annoyed that Damiani didn't express the same emotions as themselves (or other streamers they know) ? Are they annoyed that Damiani didn't finish every sidequest/complete the game in the right way/had a reaction to the game that wasn't the right way?

I'm losing track reading this thread because every complaint gets pettier than the last, I don't understand what it is about Damiani that gets people so riled up? These sort of reactions are just asking for the Allies to stream less in their spare time.

Mikey Jr.

Hate to break it to ya but that's completely genuine. As someone who's been closely following Liam's videos and streams for years I know he is a die-hard Nier fan and was looking forward to this game more then anything in the world. Seeing him break down in tears at the end just shows his raw emotions and it's beautiful.

Edit: And I also think Damiani has every right to dislike a game. I think people just got up in arms over how he handled it by giving up at the very end and looking up the ending on Youtube.

Breaks down in tears, then 5 seconds later he's fine?

Don't know much about him, but alright. If you say so.

Yeesh, i'm not feeling any of the beef going on right now.

About Damiani: Getting upset that someone played a game differently/didn't enjoy it as much as you is some petty shit. You weren't forced to watch this and it shouldn't have taken you the duration of the game to realize if you wanted to watch this or not.

Just chill out and accept someone felt differently about something than you. Just move on, no need to get personal with the insults about a game.

About Horizon: Just more petty shit here. This was a free flowing conversation about the game, not an exhaustive break down of everything about the game. I disagreed about a lot about things that were said during this, BUT THAT IS FINE AND SHOULD BE EXPECTED. Having different perspectives that don't mirror my own is interesting. Think of this as an extension of Frame Trap segment.

Only thing I'd suggest is maybe announce a few days in advance what game you are planning to do and ask for some questions from the audience.

Not related to the above: I think the Mario Maker stream sounds awesome. Really a big fan of them "shaking" up the group night streams every now and then.

That's because most of the characters in HZD are dry and boring.

That's a completely fair opinion to have. But that really shouldn't be the crux or the extent of the analysis when you have criticism about something, especially when presented that way.

In a time limited manner (about an hour or so) you have to strike a good balance between the amount of topics you talk about, the extent to which you talk about them and how you present that opinion.

If you present that opinion about HZD to someone who agrees, they'll agree with it. If you present it to someone who disagrees, they'll disagree. But there's no discussion unless one party prods further. In a video, which is largely a discussion presented in a one way direction, the side that holds the contrary view can't really understand your perspective so it'll just be something they dismiss without much, if any, engagement.

And I wouldn't really have that issue with spoiler mode to begin with but I find that the allies actually do present contrary opinions really well.

I disagree with them with regards to games quite a bit but I always understand where they are coming from. Finding out the particulars of what makes something click or not click with a certain ally is really interesting to me. So to see a discussion which is actually not constrained by the fear of spoilers actually be more restrained in the discussion of some aspects compared to a podcast or a FT is disappointing in a sense.

Cellsplitter

Neo Member

Are we having a grammatical dispute? I supposed he wasn't literally "breaking down".
I find your dismissive attitude disheartening though.
"That's clearly fake." yet you knew nothing about it before hand.

ShadyK54

Yeesh, i'm not feeling any of the beef going on right now.

About Damiani: Getting upset that someone played a game differently/didn't enjoy it as much as you is some petty shit. You weren't forced to watch this and it shouldn't have taken you the duration of the game to realize if you wanted to watch this or not.

Just chill out and accept someone felt differently about something than you. Just move on, no need to get personal with the insults about a game.

About Horizon: Just more petty shit here. This was a free flowing conversation about the game, not an exhaustive break down of everything about the game. I disagreed about a lot about things that were said during this, BUT THAT IS FINE AND SHOULD BE EXPECTED. Having different perspectives that don't mirror my own is interesting. Think of this as an extension of Frame Trap segment.

Only thing I'd suggest is maybe announce a few days in advance what game you are planning to do and ask for some questions from the audience.

Not related to the above: I think the Mario Maker stream sounds awesome. Really a big fan of them "shaking" up the group night streams every now and then.

Echoing this post right here.

Nah, I can vouch for Cellsplitter. Watching SBFP content for years, I can tell you Liam had been anticipating this game like no other. Maybe "breaking down" was just too strong of phrasing. Still, doesn't mean you should immediately write it off as fake.

Just saw that Ben reviewed Wonder Boy. Is he even sleeping this month?

Maybe he went to the Jones School of No Sleeping. :p

Mikey Jr.

Are we having a grammatical dispute? I supposed he wasn't literally "breaking down".
I find your dismissive attitude disheartening though.
"That's clearly fake." yet you knew nothing about it before hand.

I think it looks fake. Not sure what you want me to say.

This is the last post I'll make on this though.

The initial Persona 5 FT is a really fascinating listen so far given that I've put quite a bit of time into P5 before even delving into the FT. Ben did a good job in explaining the various aspects of the game to the crew, and Kyle's reactions at possible points of frustration are always funny to see.

What was hilarious, given the discussion that happened a few pages back in this thread, is Kyle's comment on Persona 5: "we're going to have weird nit picks okay." Ha!

Kyle the prophet.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Spoiler Mode is meant to be some three-hour Matthewmatosis-esque breakdown/analysis of every facet of a game. It's an environment where the Allies can discuss a game together without having to worry about spoilers.

Additionally, they don't have to go super in-depth with details/characters if they don't want to. In fact, Kyle says at what point that "you don't really care about any of the characters" which I pretty much agree with, that game was very surface level beyond some peripheral information that was supplied via collectibles. It doesn't matter how many 'mature' themes the game tackles if they're all presented in the exact same quest structure: "visit site > follow tracks ad nauseum > kill targets" and I'm talking 99% of side quests there.

They have to cover the whole game in a certain amount of time. I don't really know what people wanted them to do about discussing the story. Just unpack it? Repeat it to an audience that has most likely already played the game? If they weren't as invested in the story as some viewers or didn't feel the need to discuss it post-game then I feel that says more about their impression of the game rather than the quality of their content.

Given that the spectrum to me between those two things seems incredibly vast I'm not sure how I feel about just calling it a day here and then with being content doing the latter. Of course in the end it's up to them and maybe anything that inches towards the former just wouldn't fit that's fine but I think it's fair to voice wishes.

I enjoyed the HZD spoiler talk though but I haven't played the game when I listened to it. HZD just didn't strike me as a game where I'd care that much about it. I empathize with the criticism though but I'm going to wait until more Spoiler Modes are out.

Speaking in hypotheticals for Nier:A I just want their takes on a lot of the different things within that game. Nier just doesn't go into nihilism, but I also think it mirrors a lot of Taro's thoughts as always regarding games development and himself(<- that's just my view on it I can easily see the same things maybe rather being statements on his audience) it would have been nice to hear all of them what they thought about Jean Paul or the game maker(To be fair I might still get that from Ben + whoever else that will still play it).

If I had to articulate it's the difference between for the first Nier game saying it has garbage combat, which is absolutely relatable/understandable but there is something to be said for these type of games to not just call it a day there and also recognize that the combat's design very much dulls towards the whole affair making it insanely easy to not question it a single bit and view these gameplay bits always as an affair to get over with and recognizing that it all kind of mirrors how the guy feels about violence and the statement he makes on that with recontextualizing all the combat later in the game.

And hating the gameplay while still spending the thought recognizing that are definitely not mutually exclusive heck often that leads to even more interesting criticism, cause people that dislike that design angle might have other ideas about how essentially accomplish the same thing without burdening the player with a slog/doing it in a more compelling fashion without necessarily making the whole thing "fun". Games like that leave a lot of room for very individual and interesting takes. Waypoint limited to route A had a fantastic discussion in context to general Sci Fi and the statements Nier:A makes regarding humanity. There's a lot of different angles from which you can look at that game.

I feel stuff like that I'd love to hear about and I think that's distinctly different from just "unpacking" a story. I don't really expect retells nor want that.

Edit: And just to clarify definitely in the camp of how Damiani wants to experience his streaming games is non of my business 100% fine with that part. Everyone is different on that part. Who's to say he didn't enjoy the game more because he did that in the way he did. My feelings come more from a place that's akin to being disappointed that Kyle for example only put 11 hours into P5, which is absolutely fine and fair too. I just gotta have to make my peace with that.

UrbanRats

It was mostly his attitude throughout the whole thing. He never seemed interested in the plot or game play and it looked like he was (to quote Huber) just trying to check it off a list and move on.
The cherry on top was when he rage quit during the beautiful final sequence of the game just to look up the ending on Youtube.
I'm not mad at Damiani but I am a bit disappointing by how he treated all of it.
Should someone pretend interest in something? Unless he went out of his way to not engage with the game, i dont understand why not engaging with a story thats not grabbing you "disrespwcrful".

And if he quit during this sequence, he must not have found it all that great in the first place, so why stick with it? So that the fans could get some false sense of validation?

Cellsplitter

Neo Member
Should someone pretend interest in something? Unless he went out of his way to not engage with the game, i dont understand why not engaging with a story thats not grabbing you "disrespwcrful".

And if he quit during this sequence, he must not have found it all that great in the first place, so why stick with it? So that the fans could get some false sense of validation?

A LP where the person playing is not having fun is not fun to watch.
He is not obligated to have fun. We're all unique individuals.

Like Kyle said, UNO is boring and not fun. If the allies played UNO it would be a 10/10 stream. It's all about the attitude.

UrbanRats

A LP where the person playing is not having fun is not fun to watch.
He is not obligated to have fun. We're all unique individuals.

Like Kyle said, UNO is boring and not fun. If the allies played UNO it would be a 10/10 stream. It's all about the attitude.
Sure, but how do you know youll like a game before you start?

Budi

This Damiani vs Nier thing seems similar to Angry Joe vs Persona 5. I stumbled upon AJ:s video on Persona, I skimmed through it and didn't spot anything outrageous. But then I scroll down to the comments "This single video is undermining your authority as a reviewer.&#65279;", "Joe is a Call of Duty whore", "Joe only likes casual games" "Joe just didn't understand this", "Joe please do us all a favor and stay away from JRPG's forever.". All this because he didn't jizz on something these people think is the second coming of christ. I never thought I'd say this, but I kinda feel bad for Angry Joe too now.

I also felt bad for Ian who said he was bit scared to say that Last Guardian didn't really work for him. I'm glad Huber and he did though. I wan't another "most divisive games" video from the guys, like they did at GT. Disagree, debate, show the viewers how it can be done with respect and we can discuss what worked and what didn't. We won't and can't all like the same things as much.

I don't think Damiani or Angry Joe have went their way to directly insult the people behind these games or those who like them. So there's no need to get so defensive and riled up.

Edit: And so many times I see people in GAF call Witcher fans obnoxius, huh.

N° 2048

Alright, I tried, I really did.

This thread is just constant complaining about the dumbest shit. I thought it would be a nice place to talk to other EZA members but all you guys do is talk about what EZA should do and isn't doing or what they are doing wrong or you turn into their personal accountants in regards to their Patreon.

See you all in other threads, unsubbed.

Tankard

It's always interesting to me how people get so worked up over people not enjoying something you do, Internet really brings the worst out of people, they would never act like that if the person that sees it different was saying that in front of them.

Some people are also very angry about their Guardians of the Galaxy stream over their commentary, i mean, it was shit for them, it was shit for me and a lot of people watching it too, so how people enjoying it wanted them to react to? If you don't like it just shut up?

I love Nier Automata and Persona 5, specially, it's for now my GOTY, i don't see any reason to be mad at Damiani or Kyle for not feeling the same way.

Budi

Good rule of thumb, don't follow game critics if you can't handle them being critical. Watch Pewdiepie or something instead. They are there to react and entertain.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
It's always interesting to me how people get so worked up over people not enjoying something you do, Internet really brings the worst out of people, they would never act like that if the person that sees it different was saying that in front of them.

Some people are also very angry about their Guardians of the Galaxy stream over their commentary, i mean, it was shit for them, it was shit for me and a lot of people watching it too, so how people enjoying it wanted them to react to? If you don't like it just shut up?

I love Nier Automata and Persona 5, specially, it's for now my GOTY, i don't see any reason to be mad at Damiani or Kyle for not feeling the same way.

No, it's also very much not what they want. I will always make the argument for being more civil and all that stuff but I will also call out people bringing that attitude of "if you don't enjoy it shut up about it". Like I remember distinctly that this is absolutely not what they want. I think Mishakoz?(and sorry if this is a misquote) said that Brandon specifically said any kind of criticism bring it, don't shut up about it.

I really like this community but again one of the worst aspects of it is how exclusive some people can get about it. It has gotten to the point where some people talk and wish for excluding parts of the very same community and being less welcome to people from other communities. From things like don't listen to gaf to I don't want the Kinda Funny community to come in and undermine what EZA is about.(To be fair I don't think this is widespread or anything, just I was taken aback and disappointed/uncomfortable when I saw that recently voiced at all)

Edit: Going to say though same way if any of the Allies feel like I'm a dumbass feel free to let me know here or per pm. I often worry about how certain things come off, that I write, forums are hard.

demu

This thread is just constant complaining about the dumbest shit. I thought it would be a nice place to talk to other EZA members but all you guys do is talk about what EZA should do and isn't doing or what they are doing wrong or you turn into their personal accountants in regards to their Patreon.

L&R taken too far. Bye.

Visceir

Some people are also very angry about their Guardians of the Galaxy stream over their commentary, i mean, it was shit for them, it was shit for me and a lot of people watching it too, so how people enjoying it wanted them to react to? If you don't like it just shut up?.

It felt like Damiani stuck around just to nitpick on the game and shit on it for the sake of trying to be entertaining, even when Kyle started to slowly get into the story. Never watched his Nier playthrough as I know better not to, but if he was like that during that playthrough too then I'm not really surprised people are upset with it.

I guess Budi's point still stands though -- if you don't enjoy the stream/streamer then don't watch it.

Tankard

No, it's also very much not what they want. I will always make the argument for being more civil and all that stuff but I will also call out people bringing that attitude of "if you don't enjoy it shut up about it". Like I remember distinctly that this is absolutely not what they want. I think Mishakoz?(and sorry if this is a misquote) said that Brandon specifically said any kind of criticism bring it, don't shut up about it.

I really like this community but again one of the worst aspects of it is how exclusive some people can get about it. It has gotten to the point where some people talk and wish for excluding parts of the very same community and being less welcome to people from other communities. From things like don't listen to gaf to I don't want the Kinda Funny community to come in and undermine what EZA is about.

Edit: Going to say though same way if any of the Allies feel like I'm a dumbass feel free to let me know here or per pm. I often worry about how certain things come off, that I write, forums are hard.

I think you misundertood what i said and it was probably my fault, the "if you don't enjoy it shut up about it" was still part of my argument of what people want from them, not the other way around, i'm not telling people to shut up, but questioning if that's what people want from them if they do not like something.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I think you misundertood what i said and it was probably my fault, the "if you don't enjoy it shut up about it" was still part of my argument of what people want from them, not the other way around, i'm not telling people to shut up, but questioning if that's what people want from them if they do not like something.
I see sorry for my confusion then.

Tankard

It felt like Damiani stuck around just to nitpick on the game and shit on it for the sake of trying to be entertaining, even when Kyle started to slowly get into the story. Never watched his Nier playthrough as I know better not to, but if he was like that during that playthrough too then I'm not really surprised people are upset with it.

I guess Budi's point still stands though -- if you don't enjoy the stream/streamer then don't watch it.

I don't think that's what he wanted to do, i was feeling the same way he did and i have no ill intend towards the game at all, i'm not watching a lot of their streams because of no time and managed to see that one because i was interested, but i understood all of their critics and also thought the "L2 R2 pew pew" part was ridiculous, also thought the "drama" part with Peter's mom was not deep at all, first thing that came to my mind when Kyle said it was "deep" (i think that's the word he used) was "WHAT? Deep how"?

Point being, people feel different about something, it just comes to hit some people more when it's on the negative side.

Cellsplitter

Neo Member
In other news

osRswuF.png

8ICaUbw.gif

We gettin there! Sub 50 baby!

If anyone plans to play Nier:A and Horizon (like me) I'd be wary to not read this thread page (and the one before)

People are getting too spoilery, I averted my eyes but still read things I wish I hadn't. (as always, it's on me to avoid spoilers, I'm just giving a tip to everyone else)

Zanzura

Yes. They are mad cause he played it wrong. They were being super fucking annoying about it too. Like, you ever watched a movie with someone who's seen it before? And all they do the entire time is tap you on the shoulder and tell you "oh this bit! this bits good!". Imagine that for like 40 hours. There was some hidden ending which involved playing a really really really shitty shootemup section. Like no joke, 10 to 15 minutes of an asteroids like section. And he got fucked off with it after dying multiple times and quit. And people lost their fucking shit. So he went and watched that ending on youtube. And that made people lose their shit even more. Keep in mind, theres like 100 different endings and he'd done like 90 of them by this point. They were being total babies about it. "oh my god! how could you disrespect this total beautiful sequence! you have to play this game the way i want you to!'

I don't think they realise when you tell someone that something awesome is about to happen, it totally detracts from the surprise and uniqueness of it all. It was textbook backseat gaming. There's a bunch of people who are acting like the game is the second coming of Christ. But its objectively an imperfect game and has parts that could rub people the wrong way if it doesnt click. I dont think it clicked for Damiani and some people have taken that as him just blatantly disrespecting 'the game' and by extension themselves.

While I agree with you for the most part, the hyperbole is through the roof here for parts of it, lol. There are 26 endings, but only 5 of them actually matter with the rest of them being short joke endings for the most part that you have to go out of your way to achieve. He only did the 5 main ones and a couple joke endings. Yeah, people got mad that he quit, but he kinda did it at the worst possible point, and watched the ending on youtube despite chat's protests. He was literally right at the end, and just hard quit. It's a bizarre thing to do when you're streaming a playthrough of a game. Backseat gaming aside, imagine any ally (or any streamer, really.) doing that for any other game, sink a bunch of time into a playthrough, and don't see it through right at the very end. I don't watch these kinds of streams as I'd rather play the game being streamed most of the time, but I can understand why someone who stuck with the streams from beginning to end (or the majority of it) would be upset. That said, he's not under any obligation to finish it (technically he did, in an amusing Damiani troll manner which is not everyone's cup of tea), but it's poor showmanship.

I think EZA can learn from this and probably not stream story-heavy games if it's someone's first time because it just leaves the door open for chat to basically ruin it even if they are trying to be "helpful". Perhaps that's too restrictive, maybe consult with another member first if it's a good idea to stream it? I don't know, it depends on the game so it's hard to set a reasonable rule for this. Ultimately, it depends on if EZA even sees it as an issue in the first place. I don't watch many of these full playthroughs so I apologize if it's something that has been addressed already.

Hell no to the bolded, but I found it surprising that he stuck with it for so long because it seemed like he was frustrated or down on the game for the short time I watched him. It's hard to tell with him sometimes though because he often has a stern/focused look while playing. There were several moments of justified frustration throughout with the PC version crashing several times costing him progress as this game doesn't auto-save for the purposes of story-related context. Some of it though, could be considered self-inflicted as there were boss fights in which he was doing minimal damage due to some hardcore critical pathing. At one point he was sitting on 500k worth of sellable items that is more than enough for almost everything in the game. He could've used it to buy recovery items, upgrades, etc. I tuned in late game and was surprised to see him still rocking a level 1 weapon (even though he had other stronger weapons) which is bonkers to me. It's like playing Persona and barely fusing personas or leveling any social links. At that point, I broke my own personal rule and engaged in some filthy backseat gaming for a bit which I regret doing. Despite that, I refuse to say Damiani was "playing it wrong" but he certainly didn't make it easy for himself, and it didn't make for a very fun stream to watch due to his frustration. I tuned out and watched the Ending E fiasco later on youtube and then checked twitch to see the chat replay for the expected reactions.

Sad to see this, and I hope what I wrote above doesn't come off as whiny or entitled. The intent was to share my observations and offer an alternative perspective to the whole NieR thing. I think some people are better off posting their suggestions and criticisms for EZA as a whole in the Cup of Jones patreon posts than here, unless it's specific to some of the Allies that are active in this thread. I would think Brandon's comments in the Cup of Jones videos about "more criticism, please" are meant to be directed to the patreon posts, and not this thread.

The thing is, it's really easy to understand Damianis frustration with Nier and why he YouTubed the ending as someone who didn't enjoy the game and its ending.

Had I not paid $60 for the game, I would have taken the disc out and done the same. That ending is a frustrating mess, especially as the game basically makes you look up stuff online to make sure your not missing anything and are getting the proper ending.

The ending comes off as pretentious and way too full of itself to someone whose not liking the game. And that can be the final straw when you don't want a game to waste your time anymore.

Ultimadrago

I don't know too much about Automata, but I hope people weren't being gross to Damiani via chat/comments for not liking something they liked (which a lot of this is reading like).

I'm not sure if Disabling Comments was Damiani's idea, but it feels rather uncharacteristic of him unless posters were really going overboard with the hatred.

In other news

osRswuF.png

8ICaUbw.gif

I'm really looking forward to E3 coverage this year. Last year things were hastily put-together on a shoe-string budget - and the coverage was still fantastic. Hoping that with the extra time to plan things out, the bit of extra funding, and the know-how accumulated from an extra year in the biz will stand them in good stead to make this year even better.

Budi

In other news

Oh man, it's always closer than you realize! Can't wait! Hopefully Nintendo blows it out of the water, even though I don't have their current platforms. Very much looking forward to picking up a Switch at some point if things stay on positive track as they have been. Other than that, I don't have much expectations to fulfill since I doubt CDPR is showing anything. A lot of PC ports I guess? But I'm ready for pleasant surprises. And hopefully Aisha Tyler is still on board with Ubi. While the jokes don't always land, she plays it off like a pro and continues the show just like Kyle once said. And if her hosting pisses people off, more power to her and entertainment for me.

wiibomb

ok this friend code was much much better than last one, I am not a fan of the memories, I like them, but in a short format, this podcast they actually touched on actual criticism of nintendo's present happenings, loved that, felt more as a focused EZA podcast.

the intro was a bit too bland though, may be the idea since the Friend codes were exactly like that intro.

Auctopus

Pretty bummed out to see this, man. Seeing as you're one of the longer-time contributors to this community from the Gametrailers era.

I agree, the tone/mood of this thread has shifted so dramatically in the last year due to certain users that I've considered multiple times of just giving up. Initially, I considered the issues as growing pains but once you think one petty problem is over, another one comes rearing its head. I've noticed the Allies coming here less and less and it doesn't surprise me whatsoever. I know they're all "Please give us criticism" but some of the stuff that gets posted here is a joke. I only try and but in now when I think criticism/attacks are going too far or are just straight up petty and need calling out. But I'm starting to get so sick of the "All you guys want is to praise the Allies, this is just constructive criticism, get over it!" mentality to posting.

If you are actually unsubbing, I hope you still post every now and then. If users who do want a positive community to discuss content and the future of EZA stop joining the conversation then all will be left is the exhausting weekly theses on how a member of the Allies has fucked up in some minimal way.

Cellsplitter

Neo Member
Oh man, it's always closer than you realize! Can't wait! Hopefully Nintendo blows it out of the water, even though I don't have their current platforms.
I'm in the same boat. Don't currently own a Switch but I'd love a reason other then Zelda to get one.
I might hold out anyway for a version 2 of the Switch that's maybe slimmer/bigger and/or have a dock that doesnt not bend or scratch the Switch :p

Hasney

You guys are getting way too heated

Now then, who wants to talk politics

Reminded me of that podcast after the Brexit vote and Kyle jokingly said it was the first topic and Huber was ready to dive in.

Speaking of, UK elections are the Thursday before E3. If that turns out like shit, hoping E3 is good enough to make me forget for a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom