• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
On a different note I've been seeing more patreons(well at least for ones I follow/am part of in some way) start hiding their total pledge amount.
Just wanted to drop that I hope EZA doesn't decide to do that although it of course wouldn't be the end of the world or even a big deal or anything.
I just find it nice to have as one of the indicators of this thing growing and it honestly builds excitement in weird ways for me.

1. I'm unsure what you mean you only basically provided why you can't relate with the score given. Arguments you make are about how the score isn't justifiable to you.
2. Like I said 0 self awareness
3. "The reasoning felt like someone was given the task of defending a low score. Or like some terrible Internet hot take. And I haven't really thought it any Kyle opinion before in that way, so it was a bit jarring."
That totally doesn't read dismissive. /s

I'm sorry but from my experience when people go into something with the intent of gaining more understanding their attitude would be very different.

Same I'm only expressing my opinion on your opinion here, and I basically I already explained why I find that attitude a bit confusing when it's really not that hard to understand Kyle's perspective on the trailer. But I too am ready to move on, as it's getting into a squabble between us two when my statement was motivated on a very general observation as someone that is getting to a point where I recognize names popping up here and there again in different threads.

I like how you accused me of having zero self awareness, and then put the burden on me to disprove it as well. Like, how exactly am I supposed to prove self-awareness against a mountain of no evidence?

But I give up. You're absolutely right. You figured me all out. I went into this wanting to hate Kyle and his opinions. I must defend God of Wars honor at all cost. I don't even like EZA to begin with. I just hate watch them so I can shit post about it on GAF.

Bahorel

On a different note I've been seeing more patreons(well at least for ones I follow/am part of in some way) start hiding their total pledge amount.
Just wanted to drop that I hope EZA doesn't decide to do that although it of course wouldn't be the end of the world or even a big deal or anything.
I just find it nice to have as one of the indicators of this thing growing and it honestly builds excitement in weird ways for me.

Are they still hidden from the eyes of graphtreon?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Are they still hidden from the eyes of graphtreon?
Yes. https://graphtreon.com/
All the blank spots under earnings are from ones that do hide it as I understand it.
I like how you accused me of having zero self awareness, and then put the burden on me to disprove it as well. Like, how exactly am I supposed to prove self-awareness against a mountain of no evidence?

But I give up. You're absolutely right. You figured me all out. I went into this wanting to hate Kyle and his opinions. I must defend God of Wars honor at all cost. I don't even like EZA to begin with. I just hate watch them so I can shit post about it on GAF.

The last I'm going to say on this is that you have the tools to check through your own post history for evidence.
As for why I put the burden on you, well this attitude displayed exactly here of just pulling everything into ridicule, throwing in things never part of what I was criticizing(which is the attitude a lot of people seem to have when jumping to criticize something while not recognizing that everyone has their "weird" to not say "shitty" hot takes as you put it on things) and the general toxic approach displayed are exactly the reasons why I have 0 interest in pointing at specific things in this very case cause I already see that not leading to any further understanding just more of this mud slinging already happening.

Tankard

I realized this yesterday too about some hiding numbers on Patreon, it makes zero sense to me and i hope EZA doesn't do that. To see how much you need to get some next goal met gets people to pledge and even up-pledge, if you are hiding this from people i will just think you are cool the way it is right now.

Bahorel

I realized this yesterday too about some hiding numbers on Patreon, it makes zero sense to me and i hope EZA doesn't do that. To see how much you need to get some next goal met gets people to pledge and even up-pledge, if you are hiding this from people i will just think you are cool the way it is right now.

I mean considering patrons like to help them reach certain monetary goals I don't think EZA would ever do that

Bosman

GUILTY videogame man
I rewatched the God of War trailer and reiterated my complaints for an angry YouTube commenter, so I figured I owed it to this bunch of angry commenters to explain myself too:

- There's a comedic scene where Kratos throws an axe at a guy in gold armor right in the middle of this trailer. It's not funny. It kills the momentum. The song abruptly changes after scene.
- There are constant and unnecessary dips to black, sometimes mid-combat.
- There are very interesting scenes and very interesting lines of dialogue, and they all appear in the first half of the trailer and aren't touched upon again.
- When Kratos says "We will be attacked by all manner of creature," a great opportunity to show enemy variety maybe, the creature shown right as he finishes this sentence is a roaring orc ape we've already seen roar at us earlier in this very trailer.
- I understand the concept of bookending, but to use it effectively we should have a different understanding of the opening scene by the time we return to it. When we get back to world serpent at the end of this trailer, I don't feel like we've gained any additional understanding.
- There really are a bunch of loose and redundant combat shots.
EDIT - I just remembered the scene where the boy says something like "My mother told me to be kind to all people" and we see this blue man holding an arrow. That is super weak, and the trailer immediately moves on like that didn't happen.

I'm not sure I understand the passion for this trailer, and I believe it's passion for the game. The game shown in this trailer looks great, but that doesn't make the trailer great.

Sincerely,
Kyle Being Kyle

Tankard

I mean considering patrons like to help them reach certain monetary goals I don't know why EZA would ever want that :0

Kinda Funny hid their numbers, but i think it makes a little more sense when i think about it for them, they are atill losing money by the month and they don't seem to have any more goals for their Patreon at this moment. Still i think it's stupid.

Bahorel

Kinda Funny hid their numbers, but i think it makes a little more sense when i think about it for them, they are atill losing money by the month and they don't seem to have any more goals for their Patreon at this moment. Still i think it's stupid.

I also think Brandon stressed in an earlier cup of jones that transparency was important for them in this endeavor or something like that

Budi

I rewatched the God of War trailer and reiterated my complaints for an angry YouTube commenter, so I figured I owed it to this bunch of angry commenters to explain myself too:

- There's a comedic scene where Kratos throws an axe at a guy in gold armor right in the middle of this trailer. It's not funny. It kills the momentum. The song abruptly changes after scene.
- There are very interesting scenes and very interesting lines of dialogue, and they all appear in the first half of the trailer and aren't touched upon again.
- When Kratos says "We will be attacked by all manner of creature," a great opportunity to show enemy variety maybe, the creature shown right as he finishes this sentence is a roaring orc ape we've already seen roar at us earlier in this very trailer.
- I understand the concept of bookending, but to use it effectively we should have a different understanding of the opening scene by the time we return to it. When we get back to world serpent at the end of this trailer, I don't feel like we've gained any additional understanding.
EDIT - I just remembered the scene where the boy says something like "My mother told me to be kind to all people" and we see this blue man holding an arrow. That is super weak, and the trailer immediately moves on like that didn't happen.

I'm not sure I understand the passion for this trailer, and I believe it's passion for the game. The game shown in this trailer looks great, but that doesn't make the trailer great.

Sincerely,
Kyle Being Kyle

I mean, you are absolutely right. Though I'd rate it something bit over 7 myself.

fzMe4T9.gif

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I honestly also don't feel like EZA would do start hiding the number based on things Jones said on transparency, etc. But things can change and reasons that I personally can't think of could pop up. So I basically just wanted to share that I appreciate(d for patreons that used to show it) that we can see the number.

abrack08

If I was scoring the trailer I'm sure I'd have given a higher score, but I dunno how anyone can act like Kyle didn't back his up. Pretty much everything in his post is true, it's just a matter of whether it bothers you as much as it bothered him.

I think it's a good trailer because when it was over I wanted to play GoW more than I did before I saw it, but I dunno how you could argue against those flaws.

Visceir

Sincerely,
Kyle Being Kyle

It might have to do with the scores after all. As a Stand-alone score it would have probably been fine, but all the inflated scores that came before it kinda set the bar and made your score seem way more negative than it perhaps was. Guess you could add in Huber's overreaction also as a factor.

Not that you owe it to anyone, but might have been better to just try to meet the angry mob half way and explain the things you did like about the trailer.

you also forgot the snake's scale not being portrayed well as one of the complaints!

Drencrom

Good points Kyle, I personally loved what was shown so I'm probably a bit more forgiving personally but I see where you're coming from with your score.

Is there anything about EZA that you do like?

-EZA Podcast (minus Kyle, of course), Frame Trap, Easy Update, Huber Syndrome, and Reaction Shots
-E3 coverage when there's a free chat and they aren't wasting time on stuff that doesn't need to be wasting time (also all other big event coverage)
-Reviews
-The personalities of Jones, Ian, Brad, Blood, and Damiani, and Huber and Ben when they're not acting like children
-Full play throughs
-Assorted stream content (basically if it's a game I'm interested in, I'll watch it. Normally catch VODS as opposed to live streams though)

Yeah, so basically nothing I guess

Erevador

Sincerely,
Kyle Being Kyle
Love and respect Kyle. I agreed with your criticism of the trailer, though I also agree that the game looks incredible. It was more of a showcase montage than a proper trailer.

Your choice of devil noodles though... a crime against the ramen gods.

That episode of Noodles and Broth was the best thing Easy Allies has ever done. Next level trolling of the concept, truly a glorious atrocity and affront to human dignity.

Tankard

-EZA Podcast (minus Kyle, of course), Frame Trap, Easy Update, Huber Syndrome, and Reaction Shots
-E3 coverage when there's a free chat and they aren't wasting time on stuff that doesn't need to be wasting time (also all other big event coverage)
-Reviews
-The personalities of Jones, Ian, Brad, Blood, and Damiani, and Huber and Ben when they're not acting like children
-Full play throughs
-Assorted stream content (basically if it's a game I'm interested in, I'll watch it. Normally catch VODS as opposed to live streams though)

Yeah, so basically nothing I guess

You complain all the time about anything, that's why it's just hard to believe.

UrbanRats

Sincerely,
Kyle Being Kyle

Damn straight.
I have to assume people mix the hype for the game, with hype for the trailer, but i don't want to be patronizing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Sincerely,
Kyle Being Kyle
I thought 6.8 was maybe a liiiiiittle low, but not by much. Totally agree with pretty much all of this in general.

Game still looks awesome, though.

Maiar_m

Do any of you know if there is an updated ressource for all EZA bets, if possible in Google Sheet form? I'm considering building a tracker app for us to follow them (and maybe add an admin for Kyle to directly manage them if he's so inclined) but I'd prefer not starting from scratch data-wise...

Not sure if this has been bought up, but have they said when they're posting the betting results show? Tried looking in both their website and Patreon and found nothing.

wiibomb

Sincerely,
Kyle Being Kyle

given these points (which made me realize that this is indeed a bad trailer) and some other complaints I've heard, this trailer clearly deserved a lower score that the one you all gave, may be it was a huber influence, but I now believe this was a bad trailer for the most part

ShadyK54

Not sure if this has been bought up, but have they said when they're posting the betting results show? Tried looking in both their website and Patreon and found nothing.

The results were filmed before the group stream yesterday, so the video just needs editing at this point. I would guess sometime this weekend.

abrack08

I believe all we know is that it was filmed yesterday and should be up this week, don't think they gave a particular day. Ian seems to cut those pretty quickly so I wouldn't be surprised if it was up tonight or tomorrow, but can't be sure.

I believe all we know is that it was filmed yesterday and should be up this week, don't think they gave a particular day. Ian seems to cut those pretty quickly so I wouldn't be surprised if it was up tonight or tomorrow, but can't be sure.

The results were filmed before the group stream yesterday, so the video just needs editing at this point. I would guess sometime this weekend.

Thank you! Another thing to keep an eye on for this week(end).

Bahorel

If the LA Noire VR rumor is true I'd die to see Kyle play it on a stream. I'm one of the few that love that game but I wouldn't mind Kyle having a lot to say on it

abrack08

RIP Podcast couch, seems the E3 table is here to stay.

I know they had already said they were going to use it for podcasts but I forgot, it was surprising to see when I started the new one

Mediking

Eh, Kyle purposely acts like Armond White. He's by far my least favorite of the group but because he's in everything I just have to deal with his presence. Ignore him.

Kyle is great. He's awesome. Its just Passive Aggressive Bosman aka Dismiss Games I don't Care About is really jarring when it happens. Lol

randomkid

comparing kyle to armond white is so stupid lol

bosman is too smart and perceptive for most gamers tbh, there's no one in the industry who is as thoughtful in such a generally succinct way, it's kind of a miracle that he is so popular

Kyle is great. He's awesome. Its just Passive Aggressive Bosman aka Dismiss Games I don't Care About is really jarring when it happens. Lol

I have yet to see Kyle be remotely anywhere near passive aggressive. But I dunno, maybe I'm not the best judge. He's one of my favorite allies and I think you might be mistaking the humor for something else?

Budi

comparing kyle to armond white is so stupid lol

bosman is too smart and perceptive for most gamers tbh, there's no one in the industry who is as thoughtful in such a generally succinct way, it's kind of a miracle that he is so popular

Had to google him, checked what he said about Silence and yeah, I was better off without knowing him

Silly Assassin’s Creed gets religion more than the ponderous and punishing Silence does.

*close tab*

ShadyK54

If the LA Noire VR rumor is true I'd die to see Kyle play it on a stream. I'm one of the few that love that game but I wouldn't mind Kyle having a lot to say on it

If it's true & he played it like he did Farpoint (with the RP) that'd be an amazing stream.

luchadork

I have yet to see Kyle be remotely anywhere near passive aggressive. But I dunno, maybe I'm not the best judge. He's one of my favorite allies and I think you might be mistaking the humor for something else?

i think it can be hard for people to differentiate the difference between sarcasm and passive aggression. not just those on the receiving end but those that use it.

its such a fine line i think its inevitable that you're gonna cross it at times.

sarcasm = trying to make a point.
passive aggression = trying to resist/protest.

Yup I don't watch a couple they aren't my cup of tea(thread plz don't hound me on that) still love most of you guys content. Now get Ian to organize a full eza kill your babies

I also have a confession I closed a Q&A video once because Kyle said he plays nier with the music off

You should go back and watch that Q&A just for the allies reactions to Kyle on that one lol. It was the funniest thing I've seen on their channel, it was pure gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom