• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahorel

And so the dark timeline continues. But I love the EZA alternate universe so I'm glad it prevails, even if that was too harsh a ruling for Imagine Dragons appearing.

arkon

There's a difference between watering something down and making something more concise.

62 episodes thus far, without an end in sight. That's 62 hours and still counting. Even those really long drawn out American TV shows don't have that many hours in a single series, and most of those episodes are nothing but filler.

Unless you're going to tell me every minute of those 62 hours have been incredible I just don't see a problem with making the show more compact. There's nothing wrong with having a beginning, a middle and an end from the get go. Episode 1 is where we start, episode 20 is where we end. Something like that. OK, it's Tabletop and sometimes things can go awry, usually something involving Huber, but there's no reason that can't be kept in check whilst still being entertaining.

I also think they'd get a lot more viewers if people saw Episode 1 of 20, Episode 2 of 20 and so on.

It reminds me a bit of some anime series. My brother recently told me that I'd really like One Piece and should give it a go. I looked it up and there are almost 800 episodes. Fuck that noise! No chance in hell.

I can't be the only one who has been put off by the sheer amount of episodes of Tabletop surely? If I am, then I'll hold my hands up and say no more on the matter.

Also, if it was to get a clear "season-like" time frame of when it ends we could see other Allies getting involved in new stories. I'm looking at you, Don (never gonna happen).

The answer to questions like that is (almost) always invariably "no, you're not the only one". A similar discussion popped up around a month or so back.

Things like restricting the story to 20 episodes is only going to help so much (and might lead to things like Ben shutting down some of their wilder ideas in order to keep things on track). At the end you're going to have the same issues just that rather than having a story that is 60+ episodes and counting you'd have 3 completed stories and 1 just starting. So there's more jumping on/off points but you still need to watch the same number of episodes to remain current.

Axass

Bets results:
Ultima is shaping up to be a splendid villain. I'm glad he won.

Traler Jones debate: the God of War trailer was pretty average and underwhelming. Especially considering last year's marvelous demo. I'm actually shocked so many loved it. The game seems to be on its road to greatness, that's for sure, but the trailer wasn't that hot.

Ultimadrago

The refusal of the Ice Age was even worse than Kyle's laughable trailer score.

Brand Manager, you are the only hope.

brandmanager2uuhu.gif

VanWinkle

Man, I LOVE the desk setup for the podcast. I actually prefer this to the background from E3, but it's too cluttered.

Just off the top of my head, that lamp behind Damiani and Brad needs to go. It looks bad right there. The FFXII thing should be in front of the door on the right to balance out the density of items a little bit. I also think the shelves should be decluttered some, but I understand what they're going for with a bunch of Allies stuff and figures and whatnot. It's just a bit too much there. Probably should have that extraneous stuff off the desk, too, like the wallet and the stuff beside/in front of it.

Would really like to see a removable but classy Easy Allies decal across the front of the desk, too (just in case the logo/font/etc ever changes or something).

Overall, great stuff!

Jamie OD

So wo's going to challenge Ultima Brad next time?

They said they will probably do betting specials for the Tokyo Game Show which is in September and Playstation Experience in December. So I guess TGS will determine the No. 1 contender then PSX will Brad's next defence. PSX is now a big enough event to handle the main challenges.

Ultimadrago

He'll be fine. I mean he killed a red dragon by himself before.

I largely know he'll survive, but I totally considered that first red dragon "removal" lucky/plot armor!

Phantom Steed has one minute charging time. There are other soldiers around this time, though they'll likely be pushovers. Also, for some weird reason the dragon from before didn't even commit to chomping on Yogalla, only sitting in killing range like an idiot (though I'm going to guess the following event happened simultaneously rather than too long after Yogalla is near the dragon's maw). A green dragon intervened via Pomper in order to shrink the dragon out of existence. Kyle's stupid steed didn't even get summoned. For some reason I thought it did more than nothing. It's probably thanks to that awesome, hilarious introduction.

Avoiding more super-obvious plot armor, I'd hope this encounter would be more fulfilling.

Edit: My sarcasm meter is obviously broken on second thought, sorry! Haha

ShaithEatery

Neo Member
Betting Special Spoilers (even though it seems people are talking about it without spoiler tags, still gonna use them)

I can see a way where the Imagine Dragons thing would have been a win for Blood. The base rules said that, unless otherwise specified, the bet is for the press conferences themselves. BUT, the bet DID specify that they would hear Imagine Dragons on Sunday, which to me specifies a time frame outside the base limits that would include the pre-show. I'd like to think this would have been discussed internally already,
and it's for sure up for interpretation, but that was my take-away.

Charamiwa

Banned
Betting Special Spoilers (even though it seems people are talking about it without spoiler tags, still gonna use them)

I can see a way where the Imagine Dragons thing would have been a win for Blood. The base rules said that, unless otherwise specified, the bet is for the press conferences themselves. BUT, the bet DID specify that they would hear Imagine Dragons on Sunday, which to me specifies a time frame outside the base limits that would include the pre-show. I'd like to think this would have been discussed internally already,

The "only the conference" statement clearly overrules any other bets. That's why they're saying it first.

abrack08

The "only the conference" statement clearly overrules any other bets. That's why they're saying it first.

It's the other way around. The fact that it was only conferences "unless otherwise specified" would actually indicate that the wording of bets overrides the general rule. Seems like Shaith has a good point.

It's the other way around. The fact that it was only conferences "unless otherwise specified" would actually indicate that the wording of bets overrides the general rule. Seems like Shaith has a good point.

I agree. I think the general wording of the bet takes it out of the "press conference" only rule. After all, the bet could've easily accomodated more specific wording, e.g. Sunday conferences.

Ultimadrago

I caught a glimpse of Kyle playing Cars 3 on stream last night. Was a random thing? I don't remember the poll on it, but it likely was there.

Hasney

I caught a glimpse of Kyle playing Cars 3 on stream last night. Was a random thing? I don't remember the poll on it, but it likely was there.

He said he was going to do it after the Megaman Stream. No poll, he was just curious about the game and it was a one-off stream (unless he liked it and he may continue it).

emb

Ooooh, I think you're right.
Time for Betting Special part 2; start corrections music!

Overwatch one of my favorite games of all time and EZA my favorite content creator of all time. Should I watch Jones play in this VOD of his stream? I do not like watching bad players play because I am constantly looking at ways they could be better.

Overwatch one of my favorite games of all time and EZA my favorite content creator of all time. Should I watch Jones play in this VOD of his stream? I do not like watching bad players play because I am constantly looking at ways they could be better.

It's literally his first time picking up the controller. So keep it in mind.

I'm the exact same as you. I enjoyed watching it for what it is.

He only plays a couple of games though. It's not fully installed when he starts the stream, and he has to end early because he chose to play at the same time Horizon Lunar Colony was added, so he had to download the latest patch which was unfortunate.

I hope he carries on with it though. It will be interesting seeing him level up and playing with different characters.

I noticed some obvious smurfs in his games, that's pretty shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom