• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoveOven

Banned
Ugh Arms the worst game on the list is winning and easy allies community's streak of picking the worst game on the list continues.

It's not as much about picking the best game as it is picking the one that will make for the best competition. I don't want to watch Ben just wreck everybody.

Ugh Arms the worst game on the list is winning and easy allies community's streak of picking the worst game on the list continues.
Group stream voting process:

>Is it a Nintendo game?
>Does it involve punching?

After careful deliberation, the community pulled together to really make the right choice here

Maiar_m

Ye and now its probably gonna be Huber cause he reviewed the game. Should just go back to picking games none of them have played.

I don't think having played a lot of ARMS is as significant an advantage as it would be with any other fighting game. Some fighters/ARMS combination can make it very difficult even for a relatively experienced player to get a win. And if they're all playing motion controls I'd say the gap is even less significant.

Ultimadrago

I too don't usually like the community's choices. I'm going to have to side with them on this one: ARMS. There's no guarantee I'd like seeing them play it more than fumbling through traditional fighters, but I'm liking the odds.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I think between all the choices arms is a good pick even the best pick and I'm glad it's going to win. We've had other traditional fighting game streams before and we're definitely going to continue receiving them in the future. Trying something that's going to be a bit more different once in a while is always a good thing even if it won't pan out.

ShadyK54

Ye and now its probably gonna be Huber cause he reviewed the game. Should just go back to picking games none of them have played.

Someone didn't watch the For Honor tournament.

I think it's a fun choice. I do think that they should've been prepared for an ARMS landslide victory & just have the poll dictate a set of tourney rules, though.

Kneefoil

This is again going to be only tangentially related to EZA, but yesterday I downloaded Final Fantasy XIV. The only MMOs I've played before have been RuneScape 16 years ago, and vanilla World of Warcraft in 2004 or '05. I did not like them, but after seeing Damiani be so enthusiastic about FFXIV, I decided to give a try. Y'know, for Damiani's sake.

Surprisingly, I'm really into the game. I can't believe I actually like an MMO now, and I think I totally get why Damiani likes the game so much. I mean, the 18-hour stream was still crazy, but nonetheless...

I did not get into the EZA server. It must've been at max capacity or something when I started playing yesterday. But that's fine; I'm playing on a server that apparently gives new players extra exp. up to level 60, so if I decide to get the full game when (trial is limited to lv. 35), grinding will probably be a slightly lesser issue than it would've been otherwise. I might transfer servers once I've properly abused that exp. gain.

The trial is limited in a few ways, but the only thing that has rubbed me the wrong way is that one of the races is locked away. You need to buy an expansion pak to create an Au Ra, which look like a pretty cool race based on what I saw on Google. The expansion obviously costs money, which kinda defeats the purpose of a free trial, which is why it has irked me a bit, but I get why they don't patch it to be available for free, because they want you to buy the expansion that it came with. However, apparently there's a potion or something that let's you change your race/look, so even people starting with the trial or base FFXIV can change to Au Ra, but the item costs real money. Although I did also read that you can get one of them free just by playing the game, so guess it's ultimately fine, if that's true.

I'm currently playing as a Conjurer (will be a White Mage) and I chose the cat people race. I'm quite happy with that character. I do wish that the game gave you a bit more freedom/options with character creation, but the system is already pretty good. And not every game can have a character creation done as well as in Dragon's Dogma, unfortunately.

I also have some levels in Botany, although that class seems to exist just for crafting purposes or selling stuff, neither of which I'm super into, so I'm not sure how far I actually want to take that. I do eventually want to be a Summoner as well, though, but it seems like I can't do that in the town I started in. If someone knows where I have to go to become a Summoner/Arcanist, don't bother telling me. I enjoy exploring and discovering the world on my own at my own pace.

So I guess, thanks, Damiani, for getting me into this game. I like it a lot, and I'm trying my hardest not to get too addicted to it.

This is again going to be only tangentially related to EZA, but yesterday I downloaded Final Fantasy XIV. The only MMOs I've played before have been RuneScape 16 years ago, and vanilla World of Warcraft in 2004 or '05. I did not like them, but after seeing Damiani be so enthusiastic about FFXIV, I decided to give a try. Y'know, for Damiani's sake.

Surprisingly, I'm really into the game. I can't believe I actually like an MMO now, and I think I totally get why Damiani likes the game so much. I mean, the 18-hour stream was still crazy, but nonetheless...

I did not get into the EZA server. It must've been at max capacity or something when I started playing yesterday. But that's fine; I'm playing on a server that apparently gives new players extra exp. up to level 60, so if I decide to get the full game when (trial is limited to lv. 35), grinding will probably be a slightly lesser issue than it would've been otherwise. I might transfer servers once I've properly abused that exp. gain.

The trial is limited in a few ways, but the only thing that has rubbed me the wrong way is that one of the races is locked away. You need to buy an expansion pak to create an Au Ra, which look like a pretty cool race based on what I saw on Google. The expansion obviously costs money, which kinda defeats the purpose of a free trial, which is why it has irked me a bit, but I get why they don't patch it to be available for free, because they want you to buy the expansion that it came with. However, apparently there's a potion or something that let's you change your race/look, so even people starting with the trial or base FFXIV can change to Au Ra, but the item costs real money. Although I did also read that you can get one of them free just by playing the game, so guess it's ultimately fine, if that's true.

I'm currently playing as a Conjurer (will be a White Mage) and I chose the cat people race. I'm quite happy with that character. I do wish that the game gave you a bit more freedom/options with character creation, but the system is already pretty good. And not every game can have a character creation done as well as in Dragon's Dogma, unfortunately.

I also have some levels in Botany, although that class seems to exist just for crafting purposes or selling stuff, neither of which I'm super into, so I'm not sure how far I actually want to take that. I do eventually want to be a Summoner as well, though, but it seems like I can't do that in the town I started in. If someone knows where I have to go to become a Summoner/Arcanist, don't bother telling me. I enjoy exploring and discovering the world on my own at my own pace.

So I guess, thanks, Damiani, for getting me into this game. I like it a lot, and I'm trying my hardest not to get too addicted to it.

Wow, this is me too. The EZA + Stormblood hype got me to try out FFXIV and I'm glad I did. I think the story quests are weak early on but I'm still really enjoying the game. I've heard they pick up considerably later on so I'm really looking forward to that. Probably going to end up buying the complete edition on Amazon within a week or so. $47 for all the expansions plus a month of game time with Prime is hard pass.

I love the idea of one character being all the classes.

Group stream voting process:

>Is it a Nintendo game?
>Does it involve punching?

After careful deliberation, the community pulled together to really make the right choice here

Arms is the right call. Motion controls only, we need maximum chaos.

Re: snes mini: no Chrono Trigger, no sale.

Karu

I dabbled with FFXIV for a few days a bunch of month ago to experience it first hand, but the MMO-train left me a decade ago basically, I was satisfied after a good 10-20 hours. Watched Damiani/Brad's 4hour stream so and it was fun, sans Damiani's occasional scream-outburst haha.

Also finally got hands on with my Switch. Roaming around in Zelda, playing some MK8D Battle Mode online. Nothing mind-blowing, but the handheld mode just sells itself, really glad such a device exists.

Visceir

I dabbled with FFXIV for a few days a bunch of month ago to experience it first hand, but the MMO-train left me a decade ago basically, I was satisfied after a good 10-20 hours. Watched Damiani/Brad's 4hour stream so and it was fun, sans Damiani's occasional scream-outburst haha.

Also finally got hands on with my Switch. Roaming around in Zelda, playing some MK8D Battle Mode online. Nothing mind-blowing, but the handheld mode just sells itself, really glad such a device exists.

Left my MMORPG days behind me as well. Same as MOBAs -- just huge timesinks that get in the way of life and productivity.

Hasney

XIV 2.0 was my first MMO and I loved it, then dropped it until Heavensward which I loved again but they made changes to the bard which I hate and tried to get back in just before Stormblood, but it wasn't clicking.

Might wait until Stormblood is cheap and see how Samurai or Ninja are but I'm OK missing the launch rush for now. The story is a really good Final Fantasy story and worth playing and by the sounds of it, Stormblood has more of that.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
XIV 2.0 was my first MMO and I loved it, then dropped it until Heavensward which I loved again but they made changes to the bard which I hate and tried to get back in just before Stormblood, but it wasn't clicking.

Might wait until Stormblood is cheap and see how Samurai or Ninja are but I'm OK missing the launch rush for now. The story is a really good Final Fantasy story and worth playing and by the sounds of it, Stormblood has more of that.

You might be more interested in Stormblood, then. They got rid of the casting times for bards that they added in Heavensward, so no more bowmages.

Also, I've been a Monk main since the start of 2.0, but I looooove how Samurai plays and have decided I'm going to play the rest of the Stormblood MSQ as SAM rather than MNK.

Hasney

You might be more interested in Stormblood, then. They got rid of the casting times for bards that they added in Heavensward, so no more bowmages.

Also, I've been a Monk main since the start of 2.0, but I looooove how Samurai plays and have decided I'm going to play the rest of the Stormblood MSQ as SAM rather than MNK.

Just looked up abilities... The Wanderer's Minuet is totally gone? Because that's a goddamn party if so.

Visceir

Kinda related but I stumbled on a h3h3productions video today and it was slightly weird to see them pimping Dollar Shave Club and Audible in their videos. I understand it's a necessary evil, but it feels like every podcast/show pimps the same few companies and it can change the vibe of a video completely.

That's why I've liked Easy Allies' approach to sponsors/advertisement so far, Jones has handled that aspect well.

N° 2048

Kinda related but I stumbled on a h3h3productions video today and it was slightly weird to see them pimping Dollar Shave Club and Audible in their videos. I understand it's a necessary evil, but it feels like every podcast/show pimps the same few companies and it can change the vibe of a video completely.

That's why I've liked Easy Allies' approach to sponsors/advertisement so far, Jones has handled that aspect well.

Man fuck that, H3H3 has had so many sponsors drop out because of dumb shit. DSC and Audible deserve the ad space.

H3H3 is barely hanging on right now but that's for another thread. YouTube and their BS drama.

Budi

Speaking of, that was such a great tournament. One of my favorites due to the shenanigans. Hopefully ARMS is just as good.
Yeah For Honor is my favorite of those gaming group streams too I think. Haven't watched all of them though, but as much as I can.

Ultimadrago

Is the Goemon going on the Super Famicom Mini the same one Don references in his gambling episode of Don's Discount Gaming? Man, I know streaming isn't really his thing, but I'd love to see him play some of that and grind the carnival to gamble.

So, Bosman v Wozniak devotees - cruch time. Do we think Kyle will top 546,145? I'm a fair bit behind - is Kyle putting in more hours during the week for the final run-in?

So, Bosman v Wozniak devotees - cruch time. Do we think Kyle will top 546,145? I'm a fair bit behind - is Kyle putting in more hours during the week for the final run-in?
No he won't get it. But it's never really been about that to me. I will say He has greatly improved his Tetris skills over the last year and a half.

So does a biweekly sponsorship mean the patronage is halved or is one episode of Frame Trap worth 2 EZA Podcasts?

#RealQuestions

We're still working everything out so I don't want to speak definitively, but you're thinking along the right lines. Because it's not every week like the EZA pod it will be priced accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom