• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Edge" is free?! EA to Tim Langdell: "Fuck you"

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
phisheep said:
From my point of view I hope this doesn’t work – because if this vanishes into a federal court we will lose sight of what is going on, since they don’t (so far as I know) have this useful database of all the filings generally available.

there's PACER, costs a little money... 8 cents per page I think

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
This guy sure does love the word edge.

9lxeV.jpg

Poor guy.

I can't believe a legitimate law firm would take on this fabricated case. Anyone with common sense can look at the situation and see who the real copyright abuser is.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I just noticed this at the bottom of edgegames.com:
"Children are our future." Edge(R) Donates 10% of its profits to charities and institutions for the benefit of children in need, at-risk children and sick children.

Langell makes me sick, seriously. How low can this guy go?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Blimblim said:
"Children are our future." Edge(R) Donates 10% of its profits to charities and institutions for the benefit of children in need, at-risk children and sick children.

Blim is anti-in need, at-risk and sick children, confirmed.

<3

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
9lxeV.jpg

Poor guy.
He has no one to blame but himself.

Blimblim said:

I don't think he's lying. 10% of 0 is still 0, after all.

Gravijah

Blimblim said:

How long has that been on the site? Any way to check?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Blimblim said:

Indeed. I donate 100% of my profits from my business-enterprises to sick children, children with Down Syndrome, poor children and children in need. Furthermore, I use this money to help build soccerfields in ghettos, footballstadiums in Poland and even toll-free highways in Africa.
Beat THAT Langdell!

kpeezy

Banned
So now Langdell is actually paying money to keep this bullshit going? Hell yes. I wonder how long he can afford this.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I hope this makes NIS/A get some money out of this, so they can actually get some profit for Cross Edge, and bring over some better games.

Volcynika

NISA even changed their forum name for it:

"Cross E... that is no longer
The official former Cross "something" Discussion Forum"

AniHawk

Bah. Late on the draw. Looks like Langdell is too.

Cross Edge was actually a successful product for NISA too. Made up for a year of bombs.

Volcynika

AniHawk said:
Bah. Late on the draw. Looks like Langdell is too.

Cross Edge was actually a successful product for NISA too. Made up for a year of bombs.

Really? That's a bit surprising due to how niche it seemed, even compared to their normal output.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Volcynika said:
Really? That's a bit surprising due to how niche it seemed, even compared to their normal output.
Well I bought it day one. I was looking forward to playing some JRPGs on my PS3 at the time since it was pretty starved.

AniHawk

Volcynika said:

I just remember people were excited that extra shipments had been ordered. NISA's aware their audience is a small one, so even shipping 40,000 copies of a game is good.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
InfiniteNine said:
Well I bought it day one. I was looking forward to playing some JRPGs on my PS3 at the time since it was pretty starved.

I bought it too since it was the first English JRPG to have trophies.

Also, wtf at Landell.

Next up, Square Enix' Extreme Edges

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

androvsky

I was hoping Cross Edge would slip under his radar, since if I recall correctly, failing to go after an infringing mark is grounds to lose the mark. I wonder if EA brought it up in their filings and Langdell jumped on it. And I have to wonder if it's really under license from NIS if NISA's removing all references to the word...

ram

thats so fucking dumb...its mind-blowing. how can this fucker trademark a fucking word? its just disturbing and totally laughable.

ram said:
thats so fucking dumb...its mind-blowing. how can this fucker trademark a fucking word? its just disturbing and totally laughable.
I just trademarked the word 'fuck" and all of its variants. You owe me $30 million.

Acheteedo said:
That first Amazon review is a classic :lol

Oh wow :lol

some poor bastard said:
This game is delivered on a blank recordable DVD which cannot be read in any machine, not surprising because the DVD was not recorded. The packaging is ink-jet printing and not professionally printed. The box is a cheap DVD case. There was no printed instruction booklet, just a piece of paper with more cheap ink-jet printing. The DVD label was a sticker. The seller refused to give any kind of refund or accept any returns. I think the five out of five "review" is obviously suspect since who would seriously litter their review with (R) symbols, apart from the owner of course.

oracrest

This review is interesting too....

"Racers" is just repackaged version of a (mediocre) 2 year old game called "Voltage" released by a different publisher in 2008. Look it up. It has been alleged that if you buy this, you'll just get a burned DVD-R with a sticker on it. Avoid."

and check out the 5-star review :lol :lol

"Edge Games®, home of the Gamers Edge®, has long been my favourite games publisher. The Edge® led the way during gaming's golden era with standout titles such as the mind-bending Mazenture® and the captivating Activator®. Since then, the Masters Of The Game® have remained on the Cutting Edge® of game development with breakout genre busters like Mythora® (medieval AND futuristic? Can you beat that!?). Now, Edge® redefines modern gaming with this outstanding addition to the 700 strong Edge Games® catalogue: the cunningly titled Racers®.

Racers® promises much to the eager player: unlock more than a dozen space jets! Play in championship races worldwide on Internet servers! Multiple powerups! Numerous achievements! Strategies! It seems unlikely that any one game could possibly deliver on such outlandish promises, but, somehow, Racers® delivers on all fronts.

First, the visuals. From the sublime cover art through to the numerous and tastefully typeset trademarks that adorn the back of the case, Racers® is a real looker.
(What the fuck???) The slick retro stylings of the numerous space jets and uncluttered interface leave imitators like Wipeout in the dust. Not since Mega Race has a futuristic racing game featured such compelling visual splendour.

The gameplay is equally compelling; so vivid is the sensation of speed I was on the verge of blacking out. Pressing various keys allows you to control your sleek craft and mastery of this skill is key to being a competitive member of the thriving online Racers® community.

The audio fits the action to a tee and will keep you on the edge® of your seat. Racers® sets new benchmarks for in game audio, delivering a sonic slug to the solar plexus of pale facsimiles such as Extreme-G and Sky Roads.

To sum up: I can't recommend this game highly enough. Edge® have produced an unqualified masterpiece that can confidently rub shoulders with the likes of Hi-Octane and Mach Rider, themselves outstanding examples of the genre. The fact that there is only a single copy remaining is testament to its quality. Live life on the edge®: grab it now!® "

I´m actually beginning to feel sorry for him now. He obviously blew a fuse in his head because of his Edge obsession. He´s become a Seinfeld character, someone George would work for.

That webpage reminds me of this:
all+work+and+no+play+makes+jack+a+dull+boy.jpg

ram

Neuromancer said:
I just trademarked the word 'fuck" and all of its variants. You owe me $30 million.

ah come on, even with the legal battles, he isnt going to stop and harass other companys...

Acheteedo

oracrest said:
and check out the 5-star review :lol :lol

Live life on the edge®: grab it now!®

I want to say that's definitely a joke, but maybe Langdell actually registered "Live life on the edge®: grab it now!" as a trademark :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom