• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Shaddai staff announces The Lost Child, a turn-based RPG set in modern Japan

Elfstruck

So asking if a just announced game is planned for Platform X is port-begging now ? You guys need to chill a bit when it comes to Switch. If the first post would have asked if its coming to Vita as well you wouldnt have complained.

Well, it was announced on Dengeki Playstation so it would have been fine if people was to ask about Vita version.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The vita will hold it back.

How do you think developers choose the consoles for their games?
If they had the resources to make it a full PS4 game or they thought that the PS4 alone would have been enough they would have made the game PS4 exclusive, obviously those weren't the case.

Shoeless

I'm in. A weird, metaphysical turn-based JRPG is just the ticket for me. If has even the remotest vibe of an SMT game--since none is available on PS4--it'll be money well spent.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This is a game announcement thread where the platforms are clearly established. It used to be that going into a thread such as this and derailing conversation by asking if the game is coming to [insert other platform here] was a bannable offense.

If the first post was "Vita?", there would've been a bunch of replies along the lines of "lol, Vita is dead" and "let it go."
Yes? That is and always was the intent behind port-begging. Furthermore, it does nothing but shits up discussion with the hypothetical instead of said announcement kind of like this.

The initial post stated that the final details will be known once the Famitsu article will be uploaded obv. Degenki would only list the PS platforms. We have had similar situation in the past.

We now know that its coming to PSV/PS4 so any further platform discussion is unnecessary....but i dont see how jumping on a Poster because of a platform question a couple minutes after the thread was started helps the discussion. Unless its a known troll or shitposter i dont think the hostile attitude helps anyone.

But reading Grim Patrons two posts in this thread it seem like he wasnt really interested in the game and just wanted to have his first post piss people off.....so im wrong on this one, sry.

Plattform discussion is a natural part of the conversation when a new game gets announced, especially if not all infos are official or been leaked.

Well, it was announced on Dengeki Playstation so it would have been fine if people was to ask about Vita version.

Seeing the reaction in this thread you are probably right. I remember there was a time where you could still mention other system early on in this thread....but Switch port begging is making both sides go kinda crazy - so yeah i get it.

Sry for the Derail.

Are people sure the mentioning of "Switch" is for port begging and not a nod to the the "Switch logo click" sounds heard throughout the teaser trailer?

duckroll

That was being made by Kadokawa. This is just published by them. Pretty sure they'll start working on that DRPG project once they're done with God Wars.

I'm not sure about this. It's all under Kadokawa Games. There's no indication that they're "just" publishing this, instead of developing it as well. After all, the director Takeyasu Sawaki supposedly already worked on God Wars as a monster designer as well, so he could well have joined Kadokawa Games.

DemWalls

If the character art is anything to go by, this will be far less original than El Shaddai, visually. Hoping that's not the case.

ASaiyan

Banned
Very intriguing announcement. El Shaddai had beautifully unique art and characters and I'm excited to see more of it. Interested to see whether they can pull off a good turn-based RPG (which I love), since that's such a different genre from El Shaddai. Also praying it gets localized again, lol.

Very intriguing announcement. El Shaddai had beautifully unique art and characters and I'm excited to see more of it. Interested to see whether they can pull off a good turn-based RPG (which I love), since that's such a different genre from El Shaddai. Also praying it gets localized again, lol.

A ps4 version of a japanese game is going to get localized. Its not like the 3ds where they can make all the money they want just from japan.

takoyaki

The Teaser Site is now open with a big update planned for May 29

Famitsu has the game listed with a release date of Summer 2017

edit: bigger version of the key art from Dengeki
b_cs1w1_353xe8s82.jpg

.la1n

The art looks great. As a fan of the people behind it; I am thoroughly excited. It's also great news that they are shooting for Summer 2017. I hope this means we could see it stateside this holiday season or earlier.

OmegaDL50

Since it's Kadokawa, NISA will probably pounce on it.

Since it's Kadokawa, it's also probably going to be a zero budget piece of trash lol.

In case you aren't aware. Kadokawa owns From Software.

Just because Kadokawa is the publisher doesn't imply the development project they publish is low budget or trash.

Shaanyboi

Banned
El Shaddai was a game that got real old, real fast. I was glad to have bought it for like $2 or whatever it was on XBL that one time, but not sure how interested I am in this.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I hope this is trippy as all hell. The best part of El Shaddai was easily the strange visual aspects which I think would make for a fantastic jrpg.

Definitely interested. El Shaddai oozed with style and while the game itself wasn't that good, everything I've heard so far sounds like a direction that interests me.

Will be on my radar.

Takao

Banned
In case you aren't aware. Kadokawa owns From Software.

Just because Kadokawa is the publisher doesn't imply the development project they publish is low budget or trash.

I am aware Kadokawa owns From. I'm also aware that we've yet to see a single Kadokawa-published From title.

MisterR

So asking if a just announced game is planned for Platform X is port-begging now ? You guys need to chill a bit when it comes to Switch. If the first post would have asked if its coming to Vita as well you wouldnt have complained.

@Game

Cant see much on those Fami scans but lets hope it turns out good.

It's getting old as hell. Every single thread is a Switch port beg. If every thread was begging for Vita ports, people would bitch about that too.

Z3M0G

Hmmm... will need to really stand out to catch my attention as a DRPG... I love starting them, but always get bored or stuck rather quickly. I had to stop myself from buying the latest ones.

Shifty

What? The fact that its turn base is what is exciting here. If there was a knock against El Shaddai was its floaty controls and unresponsive combat, which this being a turn base could negate that.

I'd have preferred to see them refine what they had and make it better. When it comes to good hack and slash these days, it's pretty much Platinum or bust. We need more devs serving the genre.

Edit: Welp.

Top Bottom