• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Shaddai staff announces The Lost Child, a turn-based RPG set in modern Japan

mattp

First in-game screenshot and a bit more info from Famitsu, already translated on Gematsu

the-lost-child_fami-su1k5t.jpg

this...isn't the sequel to el shaddai i was hoping for

takoyaki

It's a DRPG! Hahahaha, I hope people didn't get too hyped. I love me some DRPG.

Yeah, it’s definitely not what I imagined a “spiritual successor to El Shaddai” would look like.

But I also never thought there was a chance of a sequel, so this is better than nothing (or another crappy mobile El Shaddai game).
And it might even be good in its own right.

First in-game screenshot and a bit more info from Famitsu, already translated on Gematsu

Uhhhh I'm gonna reserve judgement till we see something that feels like a substantial trailer, but that picture ain't what I had in mind. El Shaddai is an absolute stylistic spectacle. Irrelevant of horsepower.

That pic...is underwhelming. Coupled with the nothingburger trailer it's a bit worrisome, but maybe they just need more time to show us actual material.

I'll avidly wait with an open mind.

Hmmm. Love the setting. Love DRPG. Screen looks basic af though. Will probably sit tight on this one since it's difficult to even trust gaf on whether a DRPG is any good or not.

Strings

Pretty disappointed it's a DRPG. I'm a fan of the genre, but like, it's just not where I wanted this project to go - never mind that the vita is already drowning in good-great ones.

duckroll

This is very likely Project Daten, and it is absolutely an internal Kadokawa Games project. Sawaki is only the producer and character designer. The general director is Yoshida Yasuda and the development director is Zin Hasegawa. The other character designer credited is animator Naruyuki Takahashi, who is probably responsible for the animu garbage designs in the actual screens.

ASaiyan

Banned
El Shaddai had beautifully unique art and characters and I'm excited to see more of it.
First in-game screenshot and a bit more info from Famitsu
This is...not what I was expecting, lol. Art looks like your typical fantasy mobile game
co-starring Blue-Haired Animu™
, and the screen itself looks like a DRPG, which is a genre I'm personally not a fan of. It might still be a solid generic-looking DRPG, but I'm officially out.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The character artist for Okami and director or El Shaddai is making a DRPG? Well, I can't say I expected that one.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Honestly it looks like they are trying to go for more of a Persona/shin megemi type deal and it just looks... Generic. It seems like the safe decision, but id have mich rather have a weird looking rpg, not a boring one.

Interesting, even though the combat got kind of stale I really enjoyed El Shaddai and managed to finish it with the help of swapping every level with my cousin, would've been one of the most gorgeous games of last gen if it didn't have so much aliasing ruining it.

I'm really looking forward to whatever they do next.

Uh... Nevermind.

Top Bottom