• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Email tells me I have a big chance to inherit money from Africa - RussianGAF needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

Dear Damijo,
I think that the bank is not credible at all - they want to laugh at you. They do not care about your daughter. They offered me a deal where I get 90% of the money, they get 10% and you get nothing. They wanted me to tell you that they can not pay back the money, and then to divide the money between me and the bank.

Of course, I would not do this, as you are my friend, and I would never have known about it without you. So what do you suggest I do?
Nice!

Addy117

Neo Member
Man I just want to fast forward time and get to mr. Francis's reply already!

Edit: at the end of the line is there any way to guilt trip or put these guys in a weird-ass position? Like, say you've robbed and committed horrible crimes to get more money for the daughter. And then confess in details about the crime you've committed while breaking down in tears. Completely derail the thread as he tries to soothe you down

obin_gam

Man I just want to fast forward time and get to mr. Francis's reply already!

Edit: at the end of the line is there any way to guilt trip or put these guys in a weird-ass position? Like, say you've robbed and committed horrible crimes to get more money for the daughter. And then confess in details about the crime you've committed while breaking down in tears. Completely derail the thread as he tries to soothe you down

These guys are probably ones that would behead people that screw with them if they ever would get a hold of them..

You should just ask the bank to just take the $1,350 out of the money they're going to send you. You should also tell them that the IRS and the NSA have for some reason gotten hold of this transaction and that you cannot send $1,350 for fear that they might come after you and the bank.

Curiocity

I woke up at 5am because the downstairs neighbor left his alarm on for like a million hours. Then I read this whole thread and it was wonderful T_T I fell asleep dreaming of Mr Esq and the wonderful reunion of two bosom brothers when Mr Shiggy flies to Togo
wait...did I actually? What was that dream??

Vagabundo

You should just ask the bank to just take the $1,350 out of the money they're going to send you. You should also tell them that the IRS and the NSA have for some reason gotten hold of this transaction and that you cannot send $1,350 for fear that they might come after you and the bank.

Great idea. Forge an email from NSA-Secret@CIA.gov, ramble on about intercepting money from a western union as the recipient is involved with Al Qaeda terrorist sympathisers.

Ask him is this through and what should you do, OP. :D

EDIT: Or you should say that you are flying in and could he book you in to the Hilton in Lagos. Ask him to send on the receipt as proof and then cancel at the last minute.

Shiggy

Dear brother,

I read your message, and I can see that you are very serious man and a liar, because the bank can never do what you say, they offered you, because they know that I can sue them for that also I see that you want to create problems between the bank and my self, because I went to the bank cashier yesterday at Western Union and make sure that the code that you sent to the bank was not correct, but I do not know why are you doing this to me?

My life is a sick little girl does not mean anything to you? why are you heartless? or do you think that I have a child, you can play around with?

I asked for your help financially in the deal, because I have no reactivation fee that the bank demanded from you, but I see that you are only playing with me.

NAME: DAMIJO FRANCIS

TEXT QUESTION: COUNTRY

ANSWER: LOME-TOGO

ADDRESS: BOULEVARD DE 13 JANVIER LOME-TOGO

You can send money to my name, so I'm going to take it and pay it to the bank on your behalf if you do not trust the bank, if not, I will know that you have only played with me in this transaction.

Sincerely lawyer
Damijo Francis Esq.

Ok, now it's your turn guys.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
1. Tell him that you look forward to playing with his daughter
2. When you arrive in Togo to handle this in person

Actually I think the wrong name money order or the $1.35 money order should come first. But it's kind of hard to not make a joke about playing with his daughter lol

Send him the money already!

ZxnNCZf.jpg

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe the Hon. Mr. Damijo Francis, Barrister, Esq. is on the level?

-bank emails from outlook.com
-given an address which is a canadian immigration branch that explicitly said to not send money
-Use of google translate russian in their email

thats probably just the tip of the iceburg.

Curiocity

A serious man and a liar? You?? No wai.

You could accuse him of sending you a bogus address if you want to keep pushing buttons, or you could claim you're coming to Togo, or send him the buck thirty-five, but either way we're close to game over here. I feel like the message from the DC office could still be a fun route; if he's got multiple accounts talking to you why not play it back at him.

Addy117

Neo Member
I second the misspelled name and the 1.350. You could even say that your country follows the new metric system where dots are treated as commas, hence the 1.350.

We gotta stall him for a couple of rounds at least till we figure out the final fireworks

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Send him the money already!

Geeze I forget how badly inflated money in some African countries are...

This needs to go out with a bang. I'm up for either the plane trip over, or mentioning that the address used was invalid and leads to the immigration page and that you are recommended not to send money to that address. And possibly toss something in about not liking his threatening tone.

mltplkxr

That address is for a canadian immigration office or something, according to google anyways.
http://www.accescanada.com/fr/nos-bureaux/24-bureau-de-lome-togo-.html

http://www.accescanada.com/fr/avertissement.html
They even have a page saying not to send anyone money there who asks for it.

Good find!

In case anyone's wondering, this is not a site of the Canadian government. It is a private company that sells immigration services to help (what I gather are) French-speaking African citizens to get a Canadian visa.
I had to do a double-take myself because they subtly aped the drab style of the canadian governmental sites.

Hollycat

Good find!

In case anyone's wondering, this is not a site of the Canadian government. It is a private company that sells immigration services to help (what I gather are) French-speaking African citizens to get a Canadian visa.
I had to do a double-take myself because they subtly aped the drab style of the canadian governmental sites.

Someone who speaks french should email them and ask if they have an employee by the name of Damjo Francis at their Togo office, because if they do, oh boy do you have something to tell them.

I like to think that somewhere on the Internet, there is another message board that decided to create a fake scammer story, see if anyone would bite, have fun with it, and laugh at the poor sap's expense. And now GAF is unknowingly going back and forth with this other message board, trying to one up the other.

I like to think that somewhere on the Internet, there is another message board that decided to create a fake scammer story, see if anyone would bite, have fun with it, and laugh at the poor sap's expense. And now GAF is unknowingly going back and forth with this other message board, trying to one up the other.

Next thing you know we find out it's either 4ch, reddit, or somethingawful.

Alpende

That address is for a canadian immigration office or something, according to google anyways.
http://www.accescanada.com/fr/nos-bureaux/24-bureau-de-lome-togo-.html

http://www.accescanada.com/fr/avertissement.html
They even have a page saying not to send anyone money there who asks for it.

Even for a scammer it's pretty stupid to give such an adress.

previous letter of Damijo Francis.

Tell him you'll send the money to Mr. Abendroth A only.

Do this please.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I second the misspelled name and the 1.350. You could even say that your country follows the new metric system where dots are treated as commas, hence the 1.350.

We gotta stall him for a couple of rounds at least till we figure out the final fireworks

Exactly! The metric system excuse would be hilarious. We can string this out for so much longer before the final fireworks. My man (woman).

Edit: don't give it away by calling him out yet :(

WoodWERD

Well you're in luck, there's been a site based on scamming scammers that's been around for years...search 419eater or something like that. Went way beyond messages and had/s pictures of scammers doing some really hilarious shit trying to get their money.

Binabik15

I prefer to think that there's a forum for scammers. Threads like "looking for pictures of man w/ three daughtrs and shoe on head" or "I got dick pic again :(".

And on this forum our friend barrister esq. BANK Dajimo is asking who the hell posed as the bank to get his mark to backstab him. Flamewars ensue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom