• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Expansions Details: Russia, Gallipoli, and Apocalypse

The Flash

Banned
https://twitter.com/bravoINTEL

C5xITXNVUAA3x2y.jpg

C5xITXMVUAQmUSM.jpg

C5xITXNVUAEayEn.jpg

для царя, мать Россия

Bayonet me if old

dcelw540

I keep feeling that this already came out.. but I feel this game doesn't have the hype that battlefield 4 had when it came to those expansions. Could be just me.

CryptiK

I keep feeling that this already came out.. but I feel this game doesn't have the hype that battlefield 4 had when it came to those expansions. Could be just me.

Because once again DICE released an unfinished game with a fuckload of missing features and are extremely slow fixing it.

I read this on Gematsu:

gematsu said:
In addition to new stories, the expansion packs will include 16 new multiplayer maps, 20 new weapons, and new elite classes. Premium Pass members will get two-weeks eaerly acces to each unreleased expansion pack, plus 14 Superior Battlepacks, priority server access, and more..

Is it actually confirmed that "NEW STORIES" will be part of the season pass?

If that's true, then this would be the first time single player dlc would be ever part of a battlefield season pass.

Edit: perhaps by "new stories" they were just referring to operations.

Enilced2

Really hoping we get Canadians and some of their engagements in one of these packs... Probably Apocalypse just to make me wait the longest

Alienous

I really want to buy a PS4 Pro so I can keep playing this, but it doesn't seem worth it for that reason alone. I haven't played the PS4 version in ages, after seen how well it ran on the Pro.

Probably doesn't hurt to wait for a Season Pass discount, anyway.

The Flash

Banned
I read this on Gematsu:

If that's true, then this would be the first time single player dlc would be ever part of a battlefield season pass.

Yeah I don't we're going to get more War Stories at least I haven't heard of any rumblings of the sort. Would've been nice to play as the Central Powers but oh well.

Memnoch

Really hoping we get Canadians and some of their engagements in one of these packs... Probably Apocalypse just to make me wait the longest
I agree. Hopefully they have some dialogue like " you're a hoser eh".

I am really looking forward to the expansions as well.

CryptiK

How is it unfinished?

Hm im playing a pretty polished and finished game. I must have a different game.

Game has major balance issues and is missing some both basic and standard battlefield features to do with servers. Which are still not released, the game could have benefited another year in the oven.

Also gamebreaking issues like the very common revive bug, explosions and gas through walls. And a really shitty anti cheat.

This also doesnt include major performance issues and crashes reported by many of the PC community.

That's a pretty faulty memory if BF1's release is being compared to BF4's.

Hence the once again

This thing is ridiculous. It doesn't seem to have an engine. How is it supposee to move around? With people inside pushing the pedals?

It had two engines located in the struts next to the side turrets next to the wheels. I can't find a better picture but this should give you an idea
tsar-tank-for-poser-1.jpg

That said, it didn't move very well due to awful weight distribution and the prototype got frequently got stuck on the rear wheel.

Mutant

Is Apocolypse going to be the only one that has new guns? The lack of weapon unlocks in BF1 is, I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit, really turned me off from the game.

DoctorManhattan

Neo Member
I really hope the Apocalypse expansion is like the secret weapons of world war 2 expansion pack for BF1942. The description to me sounds a lot like it.

Dysun

BF1 was great for awhile, but I definitely got tired of it faster than expected. Feels like too long for any significant content drops

Here's another source http://www.dice.se/news/four-expansion-packs-battlefield-1-premium-pass/

Just going to quote myself from the OT "Nice! In a way I am disappointed there are no dlc featuring the African, pacific or more of the Middle East such as fall of Baghdad. O well."

Edit:
in a sense I would consider the Canadian forces apart of the British Empire forces just like the Australian and Indian troops are under the British Forces.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Hm im playing a pretty polished and finished game. I must have a different game.
Lol same here. The hyperbole is out of control.

People are pissed that it doesn't have a million useless unlocks and guns you never use anyway. Bf1 is the tightest most refined battlefield to date.

...And a really shitty anti cheat.

Yeah this is basically why I stopped playing. It seemed like almost every time I logged on to play, I'd run into at least 1 or 2 people every night who were clearly hacking. That kind of ruins the experience real fast.

I almost never saw hacks on the PC in BF4, not sure if the hacks are getting better, or if DICE are just getting lazier :/

CryptiK

Here's another source http://www.dice.se/news/four-expansion-packs-battlefield-1-premium-pass/

Just going to quote myself from the OT "Nice! In a way I am disappointed there are no dlc featuring the African, pacific or more of the Middle East such as fall of Baghdad. O well."

Edit:
in a sense I would consider the Canadian forces apart of the British Empire forces just like the Australian and Indian troops are under the British Forces.
Australians arent in the game at all. And probably should be in the Gallipoli expansion

Battlefield 4 is well worth $60 for its launch content alone.

BF4 on launch wasnt worth more than $10. It was the biggest piece of shit and DICE admitted that.

CryptiK

Lol same here. The hyperbole is out of control.

People are pissed that it doesn't have a million useless unlocks and guns you never use anyway. Bf1 is the tightest most refined battlefield to date.
What if I told you I was completely fine with the weapon count and content. But all the other missing shit like servers etc is a joke and its buggy.

The reason why I'm still playing BF1 and its probably my most played BF game since BF2 and BF1942 is precisely because it doesn't have a million useless unlocks and guns to grind out. I can just enjoy the game for what it is and unlock the guns relatively quickly and actually play games with them, not grind out a million matches to unlock some attachment or new gun only to find out that it sucks.

Really looking forward to the expansion packs. Was able to get Premium for $30 on Amazon a while back, so all this stuff seems like a great deal. Just give me more Operations and I'll be very happy.

Australians arent in the game at all. And probably should be in the Gallipoli expansion

BF4 on launch wasnt worth more than $10. It was the biggest piece of shit and DICE admitted that.
Hmm check again. They are feature in a war stories. The Gallipoli expansion will most likely use the British empire force in the maps.

salromano

I read this on Gematsu:

Sal from Gematsu here.

Sorry about that. I misunderstood the operations described in the descriptions as stories.

Top Bottom