• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enterbrain / Famitsu software sales for January 10th - 16th

cja

1. Mario Party GBA -- 73,000
2. Gran Turismo 4 -- 66,000 (891,000)
3. Story of Hero Yoshitsune -- 40,000
4. Warioware Sawaru -- 32,000 (577,000)
5. DQ and FF in Itadaki Street Special -- 30,000 (307,000)
6. Super Mario 64 DS -- 27,000 (560,000)
7. Dragon Quest 8 -- 22,000 (3,406,000)
8. Everybodys Golf Portable -- 20,000 (227,000)
9. Metal Gear Solid 3 -- 19,000 (760,000)
10. Daito Pachislot Simulator -- 18,000 (346,000)
11. Goldeneye: Rogue Agent -- 18,000
12. Tales of the World 3 -- 17,000 (85,000)
13. Ridge Racers -- 15,000 (185,000)
14. Rockman EXE 5 Blue -- 14,000 (311,000)
15. Pokemon Emerald -- 14,000 (1,419,000)
16. Mario Party 6 -- 13,000 (476,000)
17. Naruto 3 -- 12,000 (349,000)
18. Dynasty Warriors PSP -- 12,000 (180,000)
19. Tales of Rebirth -- 12,000 (539,000)
20. Piposaru Academy -- 11,000 (51,000)

Usual source.

cja

Hardware:

PS2 -- 74,000
DS -- 58,000 (1,458,000)
PSP -- 57,000 (562,000)
GBASP -- 27,000
GC -- 7,000

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"DS -- 58,000 (1,458,000)
PSP -- 57,000 (562,000)"

..... of course, you'd be foolish to suggest that the PSP would surpass DS sales if there were actually units to buy! ;)

Deg

Banned
It has almost begun. :)

P.S go MPA!

DCharlie said:
PSP -- 57,000 (562,000)"

..... of course, you'd be foolish to suggest that the PSP would surpass DS sales if there were actually units to buy! ;)

Did PS2 outsell them both last week?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
cja said:
Hardware:

PS2 -- 74,000
DS -- 58,000 (1,458,000)
PSP -- 57,000 (562,000)

GBASP -- 27,000
GC -- 7,000

Oh god, I know exactly how this thread is going to go. As does everyone else, and it's not going to be pretty. Join me in never returning here.

EDIT: Well, looks like I'm too late!

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Also...

cja said:
Hardware:

PS2 -- 74,000
DS -- 58,000 (1,458,000)
PSP -- 57,000 (562,000)
GBASP -- 27,000
GC -- 7,000

...it looks like Nintendo might have successfully shot themselves in their most profitable foot, as predicted.

cja

Don't like to gloat about calling the tight DS & PSP numbers :p. PSP software is doing a lot better than last week in the current daily charts too. 17th and 18th has PSP software ahead of DS for the first time since launch.

DCharlie said:
PSP -- 57,000 (562,000)"

Not when there is a shortage of DS units to buy! ;)

Don't worry fellow N-fans, Yoshi to the rescue next week!

B0006U8O5M.09.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Fuzzy said:
What, no XBOX numbers? :p
Is that a serious query? :)

Broshnat

Banned
cja said:
Don't like to gloat about calling the tight DS & PSP numbers :p. PSP software is doing a lot better than last week in the current daily charts too. 17th and 18th has PSP software ahead of DS for the first time since launch.

Not when there is a shortage of DS units to buy! ;)

Don't worry fellow N-fans, Yoshi to the rescue next week!

B0006U8O5M.09.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Is that a serious query? :)

Exactly. Both systems are suffering shortages right now. In fact by the looks of things, PSP saw some shipments last week and I'm not sure if DS did.

Elios83

Broshnat said:
So MGS3 is still gonna do much better than MGS2 (850k total) then, SSX?

For Media Create MGS3 was already around 800k last week if I'm not mistaking.

Also waiting for Media Create hardware numbers.

Screenboy

How the funk does the PS2 continue to sell that many units a week?!

Its unreal!

ps2_colors.jpg

Fat-Chine.JPG

"I want to eat a cherry one!"
"You just ate one 10 minutes ago!"

-SB

Izzy

Banned
Broshnat said:
Exactly. Both systems are suffering shortages right now. In fact by the looks of things, PSP saw some shipments last week and I'm not sure if DS did.

I don't think so.

DCharlie
Welcome!!!! To the WHITE HOUSE!!!
(Today, 02:05 PM)
Reply | Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You can apply the same shortage reasoning to the DS, if there were 10 million DS's out there, do you think they wouldn't all sell out still?"

i don't think you can make the comparison as easily - i can walk into pretty much any store and buy a DS. You have been able to do this pretty much since the day of launch. You might have had to go around 2 or 3 stores, but you could find a unit if you want one.

The PSP has been a totally different story (i.e. : it's actually a bit of a fuck up for Sony, and a lesson in how to handle a launch dished out by Nintendo) lots of people looking for units, but there just isn't any.

Broshnat

Banned
Die Squirrel Die said:
I wonder if GT4 will hit a million then? Is this chart still in the holiday gift giving season?

It should hit a million easily, but won't match previous installments. Holiday season is over, hence the big drop this week.

MPAdv was a disappointing performance

Jonnyram

Izzy said:
I don't think so.
There is a DS shortage, but DCharlie hasn't even tried to buy one recently.
It even mentions the shortage on the Japanese page these charts were taken from. Both DS and PSP are in equally short supply at the moment and it looks like they are both shipping at roughly the same speed. The next big rush is predicted at the end of March, but until then we'll see an interesting tussle between the two handhelds.

duckroll

Broshnat said:
It'll do 900k tops, as I predicted

That's being pretty optimistic... with the huge dropoff, I don't expect MGS3 to reach 900k in Japan, but 800+k sure. In the US it'll probably at least hit 1 million eventually. I expect the Europe sales to outdo both US and Japan, landing the game at a very comfortable 3.5 to 4 million worldwide.

Culex

Banned
Izzy said:
I don't think so.

Wow, you're quoting a forum poster, on the internet, leading to your assumption that there is no shortage.

You see, I can do the same thing! Bepo, for instance, is buying and selling PSP's on the boards here. Surely there is no shortage if he's able to do that?
:lol

Izzy

Banned
Culex said:
Wow, you're quoting a forum poster, on the internet, leading to your assumption that there is no shortage.

You see, I can do the same thing! Bepo, for instance, is buying and selling PSP's on the boards here. Surely there is no shortage if he's able to do that?
:lol

So are you saying DCharlie isn't trustworthy?

No need to get so overly defensive, though. Once Sony's production numbers go up, there won't even be anything do discuss, I'm afraid.

Broshnat

Banned
Izzy said:

No need to get so overly defensive, though. Once Sony's production numbers go up, there won't even be anything do discuss, I'm afraid.

Fool.

Not that he's not trustworthy, but that what he says based on limited info is not THE WORD.

Bebpo

Banned
Ummm, I bought one PSP and it was the first one I'd found in a store after almost a month (I stop by the game store daily as it's located next to the food court). The next day I went back and the rest were gone.

Whereas DS has been in full stock everyday for the past month. Not just one or two units, but like 10-15 units at all the stores near me are sitting in full stock. If there's a shortage it's not effecting the people out here much, whereas the PSP is still a bitch to get.

Speevy

Banned
How many times in one year does gaming hardware flop positions in Japan?

Also, anyone know what the GBA SP sold during this period last year?

Izzy

Banned
Broshnat said:
Fool.

Not that he's not trustworthy, but that what he says based on limited info is not THE WORD.

More info, then

Bebpo
the man knows his RPGs
(Today, 03:37 PM)
Reply | Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm, I bought one PSP and it was the first one I'd found in a store after almost a month (I stop by the game store daily as it's located next to the food court). The next day I went back and the rest were gone.

Whereas DS has been in full stock everyday for the past month. Not just one or two units, but like 10-15 units at all the stores near me are sitting in full stock. If there's a shortage it's not effecting the people out here much, whereas the PSP is still a bitch to get.

Are you saying Bebpo is a liar as well?

As for the 'fool' comment, I won't ask for your ban - you'll learn your lesson in an appropriate manner, the same way Orin did in 2001.

Broshnat

Banned
Bebpo said:

Well we all know the DS HAS BEEN in good supply the last month or so, but we're talking about NOW. And from what I've heard the DS is as close to selling out as the PSP is.

duckroll

johnjohnson said:
I don't understand why MGS3 sells so well while Metal Gear Acid bombed quite hard. Why is that so?

No voice acting - check
No realtime 3D cutscenes - check
Card based turn based strategy game - check
500k PSP userbase vs 80mil PS2 userbase - check
Non-canon storyline - check
Not directed by Kojima - check

Broshnat

Banned
Izzy said:
More info, then

Are you saying Bebpo is a liar as well?

As for the 'fool' comment, I won't ask for your ban - you'll learn your lesson in an appropriate manner, the same way Orin did in 2001.

Fool

Broshnat

Banned
duckroll said:
No voice acting - check
No realtime 3D cutscenes - check
Card based turn based strategy game - check
500k PSP userbase vs 80mil PS2 userbase - check
Non-canon storyline - check
Not directed by Kojima - check

WOW!!

The PS2 has sold 80m in Japan? Why didn't I hear about this?

Jonnyram

Izzy said:
Well I personally don't have any stories to tell about the DS situation, but the last time I went to Akihabara with him, we stumbled on a store that was selling PSPs, so he picked a couple up (I got one for him as it is one per person). The next week, I go to Tsutaya to preorder bh4, and while I'm there, I notice they have PSPs for sale, so I pick one up for someone who asked me to just a couple of days before that.

Seriously, it's just a matter of knowing when the stock is in. It's not so hard that you have to ever queue for it or something like that. You can even buy PSPs on auctions for less than the RRP, which is the first time that's happened since launch, I believe.

Well when they're both going at full pelt, we'll have the truth in front of us, but for now the future is very cloudy.

Bebpo

Banned
Broshnat said:
Well we all know the DS HAS BEEN in good supply the last month or so, but we're talking about NOW. And from what I've heard the DS is as close to selling out as the PSP is.

I went to the game store tonight like I do every night after dinner and there were still plenty of DS systems and no PSPs, does that not count as 'now'?

I realize this is just one small area and doesn't represent Japan as a whole but the fact is that anyone who wants a DS now can go pick up one, whereas you can't get a PSP without getting on a reserve list or just getting lucky.

duckroll

Broshnat said:
WOW!!

The PS2 has sold 80m in Japan? Why didn't I hear about this?

He didn't mention anything about Japan. MGS3 is doing well in both US and Japan. Stop being moronic please, other stupid posts driving you crazy is no excuse. :D

Izzy

Banned
Broshnat said:

TOS

. Language

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the Gaming Age Forums to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense. It is recommended that cursing be held to a minimum, as it does not promote civil conversation. Foul language in the form of insults directed towards other forum members may result in a ban.

duckroll

Izzy said:
TOS

. Language

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the Gaming Age Forums to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense. It is recommended that cursing be held to a minimum, as it does not promote civil conversation. Foul language in the form of insults directed towards other forum members may result in a ban.

Wow! Awesome! I guess you didn't scroll down to THIS:

E. No posts should be made regarding your opinion of another user's actions or behavior. You may not discuss the rules and regulations of this board on the forum. Any and all discussions regarding these matters should be discussed by EMAIL ONLY.

Fool. :p

duckroll said:
He didn't mention anything about Japan. MGS3 is doing well in both US and Japan. Stop being moronic please, other stupid posts driving you crazy is no excuse. :D

I think its just those numbers that are driving him crazy. A little too close for comfort. :p

Top Bottom