• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enterbrain Numbers 17 - 23rd Jan Uh-oh!!

Sho Nuff

Banned
Impressive sales, considering you CAN'T FIND THE PSP TO BUY ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE BOONIES and there are DS's readily available.

I think the first ban bet ever came back when VC was being released. A couple people made a bet that Vice City couldn't outsell Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime combined for the year. :lol

mashoutposse

Ante Up
duckroll said:
Hey so, before we get ahead of ourselves, are any of those people that are getting banned this week for last week's bets interested in betting on next week's sales figures? :lol

And then...

Broshnat said:
Hey look, if people wanna ban me then fair enough- I'll let you guys decide. I did lose the bet fair and square, although in my defence I did think Yoshi was out this week and it's for that very reason (AGAIN) that I'm fairly sure DS will outsell PSP again next week. It should do close to 100k, as it would have this week if Yoshi had been released.

Trying to stack bans like Dell coupons :lol :lol :lol

Broshnat

Banned
mashoutposse said:
And then...

Trying to stack bans like Dell coupons :lol :lol :lol

Not at all. Yoshi is a big game for the DS, it can sell anything from 100-150k in it's first few days, and should push DS sales upto 80-100k.

Also, PSP sales will settle to about 30k in a few weeks as well until some new software arrives.

border

Sho Nuff said:
Impressive sales, considering you CAN'T FIND THE PSP TO BUY ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE BOONIES and there are DS's readily available.
Wow, normally I would expect that to be rebutted with thinly veiled aspersions from Broshnat about how the Japan GA'ers are stupid, inaccurate, biased, misinformed, etc. But this time I'm not sure if he'll be around long enough :lol

Grubdog

Banned
Broshnat said:
Also, PSP sales will settle to about 30k in a few weeks as well until some new software arrives.
Hardly, the PSP will keep selling because it has graphics and a big screen, games don't matter. :p

Broshnat

Banned
border said:
Wow, normally I would expect that to be rebutted with thinly veiled aspersions from Broshnat about how the Japan GA'ers are stupid, inaccurate, biased, misinformed, etc. But this time I'm not sure if he'll be around long enough :lol

Well I'd love someone to explain to me how 800k have been shipped, 510k of which were shipped as of end of December, meaning 290k have been shipped in the last 3 weeks, only 180k of which have been sold?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
shangpsp.jpg
X2

yelling9uy.jpg

Broshnat said:
Not at all. Yoshi is a big game for the DS, it can sell anything from 100-150k in it's first few days, and should push DS sales upto 80-100k.

Popolocrois, Namco Museum and NFSU are just around the corner.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Honestly, I don't see the DS doing much more than this week's MC sales number + 20k. Usually, system selling games positively affect sales as much as two weeks in advance of the release date.

Broshnat

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Popolocrois, Namco Museum and NFSU are just around the corner.

Namco Museum, NFSU won't do a thing in Japan- hardly system sellers.

Poplocrois may be able to do 50k or so first week, but it ain't gonna create any major ripples is it really?

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Broshnat said:
Well I'd love someone to explain to me how 800k have been shipped, 510k of which were shipped as of end of December, meaning 290k have been shipped in the last 3 weeks, only 180k of which have been sold?

The retail sales numbers that we get from Enterbrain/Famitsu/MC do not factor in direct sales through Sony online.

For comparison, PS2 sold 600k retail and 380k online during its first week. 200k PSPs could have easily been sold online.

Nice one Link :lol

Broshnat

Banned
pilonv1 said:
You'd think some people would stop digging their own grave after six feet...

What, so you honestly think PSP will continue to outsell DS from now on, maybe widening the gap every week even though it doesn't have a particularly big release for months and the "shortage" problem is now fading?

duckroll

Guns N' Poops said:
Broshnat is in denial. Popolocrois, Namco Museum, Densha de Go and Rengoku will help the PSP as much as Yoshi will help the DS.

You know, I love the PSP too..... but even I wouldn't go that far. If anything, that game will make less people want PSPs. :lol

Broshnat

Banned
Guns N' Poops said:
Broshnat is in denial. Popolocrois, Namco Museum, Densha de Go and Rengoku will help the PSP as much as Yoshi will help the DS.

Hmmm... back that up please...

Can you give me sales for previous versions of all those games, past trends, similar comparisons etc?

Or shall I go and look them up and make you look stupid? :D

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Broshnat said:
Hmmm... back that up please...

Can you give me sales for previous versions of all those games, past trends, similar comparisons etc?

Or shall I go and look them up and make you loo stupid?

Come on, bro, how are you gonna talk trends when you ignored the one staring you in the face that gave you clear warning about today's numbers? :D

N-BOTS ... BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH!

I would like to bet that PSP will break 1.1 million units in Japan by March 15th. (March 15th is a Tuesday, so technically this is the week ending March 13.)

I was gonna bet 1 million units, but that's practically a gimme at this point. The extra .1 is to make things ... interesting.

Period of ban to be 2 weeks.

WHO WILL BE FIRST TO FACE MY CHALLENGE?!

Monk

Banned
Well, he was stupid. I mean there was NO games released this week, how was it NOT going to sell less?

EDIT what games are going to be released in that time?

Broshnat

Banned
Monk said:
Well, he was stupid. I mean there was NO games released this week, how was it NOT going to sell less?

EDIT what games are going to be released in that time?

LOL!!

I'm not gonna go on about it (unless people make a point like that) but look back to the thread- I was clearly under the impression Yoshi was released last week and thus this is why I though DS sales would overtake PSP.

duckroll

JackFrost2012 said:

I would like to bet that PSP will break 1.1 million units in Japan by March 15th. (March 15th is a Tuesday, so technically this is the week ending March 13.)

I was gonna bet 1 million units, but that's practically a gimme at this point. The extra .1 is to make things ... interesting.

Count me in on this one. At the rate things are going (as expected) it'll be pretty much a "1.1 down, 8.9 more to go!" declaration for me anyway. Of course if I'm wrong then it'll just be an earlier taste of what I'll be getting after 2005! :lol

You heard us Nintendudes! 1.1 million PSPs in Japan by March 13th or we get banned for 2 weeks! Come on! Stack your GAF-ban coupons! :D

pilonv1

Exactly. There's still time to jump on the winning bandwagon boys!

We should let them go double or nothing though.

Broshnat

Banned
duckroll said:
Count me in on this one. At the rate things are going (as expected) it'll be pretty much a "1.1 down, 8.9 more to go!" declaration for me anyway. Of course if I'm wrong then it'll just be an earlier taste of what I'll be getting after 2005! :lol

You heard us Nintendudes! 1.1 million PSPs in Japan by March 13th or we get banned for 2 weeks! Come on! Stack your GAF-ban coupons! :D

I'm (understanderbly) cautious, but a bit of thinking:

Upto Jan 23th, we have 628k
By March 13th it will need to sell 472k more.

In 7 weeks time, so it will need to average 67k per week?

I'd have to take you up on this bet- according to FAMITSU / ENTERBRAIN, in my opinion, PSP will NOT have sold 1,100k by March 13th 2005.

But all this betting is going to dilute the excitement of The Big One.

The will the PSP sell 10 million by the end of 2005?

If people are throwing out month long bans over weekly JPN sales figures, then where's the sense of occasion for 2005 total numbers? You'd have to up the ban period (which would make the thing a little too serious).

Monk

Banned
I want to bet that Meteos will sell more than 700k total, one month after it gets released. Or I get banned for a month.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Broshnat said:
It wont though. It's just temporary. Sony themselves have said they have shipped 800k PSP now, it should be in good supply over there now.

NO NO NO NO NO NO FOR GOD'S SAKE IT'S NOT, YOU CANNOT BUY THE GODDAM THINGS ANYWHERE! IF YOU CAN, TELL ME WHERE, COZ IT'S EBAY TIME!

And if anyone tells you differently, they live up in Hokkaido without electricity or are just totally full of bull crap!!!!!!

Broshnat

Banned
Monk said:
I want to bet that Meteos will sell more than 700k total, one month after it gets released. Or I get banned for a month.

:lol

On that note, I'm off to bed.

It's pretty late here, and I'm not lookin forward to waking tomorrow to find I can't log in!!

Enjoy...

koam

Nintendo is pissing me off with the DS. I bought in November, played the hell out of mario for like 3 weeks and i haven't touched (no pun) it at all since. I NEED a new game, the lineup right now is pathetic, even the virtual boy had a better lineup by this time (i believe red alarm and teleroboxer or Wario were out). They need to bring Wario here FAST and push the release date of Mario Kart to something sooner (isn't this just a N64 port with a map?). 120 games in that making.. is that total for the lifespan of the system cause i'm not seeing much in terms of upcoming releases.

On the flip side, the PSPs lineup is equally as shit. There's nothing "Wow" coming out for it either any time soon but that doesn't bother me as much because it's not out yet here.

This is what happens when you rush products.

Going back on topic, my guess from last week is accurate so far, PSP would for this week but the DS will win next week with Yoshi.

duckroll

Die Squirrel Die said:
But all this betting is going to dilute the excitement of The Big One.

The will the PSP sell 10 million by the end of 2005?

If people are throwing out month long bans over weekly JPN sales figures, then where's the sense of occasion for 2005 total numbers? You'd have to up the ban period (which would make the thing a little too serious).

You got a very valid point there. Maybe what we could do is sticky an official "bet your ban" thread and have everyone participate on weekly bets (including this week) but with no actual bans. Everything tallies up and at the end of 2005, if the PSP sells more than 10 million, all those betting on the PSP would be cleared of any ban debts they incurred while those betting on the DS would ALL get a 1 month + total ban tally during 2005 big ass ban. And if the PSP fails to sell 10 million by the end of 2005, vice versa. That would make it far more exciting! :D

Amir0x

Banned
mashoutposse said:
Come on, bro, how are you gonna talk trends when you ignored the one staring you in the face that gave you clear warning about today's numbers? :D

RE4 sales will boost GC sales to 350k!!11 ;)

Anyway, yadda yadda... good sales... GBA SP + DS = PSP, so Nintendo is still doing its round for handhelds...

Shoryuken

JackFrost2012 said:

For Anyone that's interested that's 425,000 units or 67,428 units for each of the next 7 weeks.
For reference the PSP has sold 625,000 units in its first 7 weeks of availability.

Edit: Damn that Broshnat

Monk

Banned
JackFrost2012 said:
This is a parody of us and not an actual bet, right?

Nope for real. I have that much faith in Sakurai to make a game that addictive. Meteos will be the new tetris.

#1 Sakurai fanboy here.

Jonnyram

Broshnat said:
In 7 weeks time, so it will need to average 67k per week?
But what does the DS need to sell to reach Nintendo's shipment estimates? :D

Anyway, not mentioned on the first page:
28 Band Brothers 6600 / total 126,000
29 Metal Gear Acid 6500 / total 82,000
30 Mojipittan 6500 / total 61,000

Broshnat

Banned
mashoutposse said:

Well if you look back to my very early predictions for xmas sellers, you'll notice it wasn't all that bad overall...

http://www.ga-forum.com/showpost.php?p=665020&postcount=1

Jonnyram said:
But what does the DS need to sell to reach Nintendo's shipment estimates? :D

Anyway, not mentioned on the first page:
28 Band Brothers 6600 / total 126,000
29 Metal Gear Acid 6500 / total 82,000
30 Mojipittan 6500 / total 61,000

Cheers for them :D

DS will do the shipments because it's got a string of big games between now and March (Kirby, Yoshi, Meteos to name but three). We'll have to wait and see!!

Anyway, I really am off.

Bye GAF (tear wells up in his eye).... :D

Insertia

Ah.

Looking at those numbers makes me want to dig through some old threads.

"$200 is still to expensive!!"
"PSP is too mature for the children dominated handheld market"
"PSP is going to have to carve out its own market if it wants to make it"
"Loading?!? On a handheld?!? HA! bomb!"
"Non-catridge format?!? On a handheld?!? HA! bomb!"

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
You got a very valid point there. Maybe what we could do is sticky an official "bet your ban" thread and have everyone participate on weekly bets (including this week) but with no actual bans. Everything tallies up and at the end of 2005, if the PSP sells more than 10 million, all those betting on the PSP would be cleared of any ban debts they incurred while those betting on the DS would ALL get a 1 month + total ban tally during 2005 big ass ban. And if the PSP fails to sell 10 million by the end of 2005, vice versa. That would make it far more exciting! :D
No, you guys should start betting money. Accounts mean nothing when you can just make a new one.

Amir0x

Banned
Insertia said:
Ah.

Looking at those numbers makes me want to dig through some old threads.

"$200 is still to expensive!!"
"PSP is too mature for the children dominated handheld market"
"PSP is going to have to carve out its own market if it wants to make it"
"Loading?!? On a handheld?!? HA! bomb!"
"Non-catridge format?!? On a handheld?!? HA! bomb!"

+"Non clam-shell design? No system has ever succeeded without that!!! HA! bomb!"

Top Bottom