• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enterbrain Numbers 17 - 23rd Jan Uh-oh!!

Broshnat

Banned
Hardware first, get it over with:

PSP:66,000(628k)
PS2:52,000
DS:47,000(1505k)
GBA SP:19,000
GC:4,000
GBA:600
XB:400

And software:

1 PS2 Monster Hunter G 128,000
2 PS2 Fuun Bakumatsuden 54,000

3 PS2 Gran Turismo 4 33,000 (924,000)
4 DS Sawaru: Made In Wario 26,000 (604,000)
5 PS2 Mahou Sensei Negima! Tokime - Magister Negi Magi 26,000
6 GBA Mario Party Advance 26,000 (99,000)
7 DS Super Mario 64 26,000 (586,000)
8 PS2 DQ & FF in Itadaki Street Special 21,000 (328,000)
9 PSP Everybody's Golf Portable 18,000 (245,000)
10 PS2 Neon Genesis Evangelion: Koutetsu no Girlfriend 17,000
11 GBA Bouken Ou Beet Busters Road 14,000

12 PS2 Daito Pachislot 13,000 (359,000)
13 PS2 Story of Hero Yoshitsune 13,000 (53,000)
14 PSP Ridge Racers 12,000 (198,000)
15 GBA Rockman EXE 5 Team Of Blues 12,000 (323,000)
16 PS2 Dragon Quest VIII 11,000 (3,417,000)
17 PS2 Metal Gear Solid 3 10,000 (770,000)
18 PSP Dynasty Warriors 9,700 (190,000)
19 PSP Piposaru Academy 9,400 (61,000)
20 DS Pokemon Dash 8,600 (274,000)

duckroll

Fair's fair. Where are the gamblers? Show yourselves and acknowledge the wrath of Kutaragi before you get booted for the week/month/whatever. Be good sports, come on! :D

Izzy

Banned
crow.gif

SomeDude

Banned
Why does it suprise people that the DS is selling worse than the Psp? The Psp is a much better deal than the DS, and it has better games also.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Sony taking the huge hit on PSP to give it a good price was the smartest thing they ever did.

Though I'm sure that, given that, they'd like software sales to pick up.

IT'S PEANUT BUTTER BANNING TIME!!!!

ps2banana.gif
ps2banana.gif
ps2banana.gif
ps2banana.gif
ps2banana.gif
ps2banana.gif
ps2banana.gif

Peanut butter banning, peanut butter banning, peanut butter banning with a baseball bat!
Peanut butter banning, peanut butter banning, peanut butter banning with a baseball bat!

:lol :lol :lol

Guns N' Poops said:
So when are any new releases for PSP and NDS over there?
I'm not quite sure about the PSP, I honestly haven't been paying attention to Japan releases. But the DS just got the Yoshi game like today, and then there's...

Feb 17: Tiger Woods PGA Tour
Feb 24: Another Code: Futatsu no Kioku
Mar 10: Pac-Pix
Mar 10: Meteos
Mar 17: Harvest Moon: Korobockle Station
Mar 24: Touch! Kirby
Mar 31: Yakuman DS

Here's the only PSP release list I could find. I know there was a delay of some game, so I can't exactly say they're all correct, it's old.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/564/564060p1.html

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
JackFrost2012 said:
IT'S PEANUT BUTTER BANNING TIME!!!!

:lol :lol :lol

:lol I forgot all about that crazy song...

Broshnat

Banned
Some interesting numbers.

I'm suprised at how weakly Mario Party Advance is selling- it'll struggle to do even 250k at this rate.

Strong numbers for Super Mario 64 and Sawaru still, in a week which sees PSP sales pick right up for a few weeks with a good number of shipments now available.

Next week will be the most exciting in a long time:

Resident Evil 4 - will it bomb or do some steady numbers? Will it boost GC sales?
Radiata Stories - a Star-Ocean size hit?
ACE - the Japanese love their robot fighting games
Yoshi touch and go - should give a strong boost to DS numbers and sell well

Could be interesting. Some may bomb, some may excel, unfortunately the safe money is on them all just doing about 120-180k

We shall see...

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Its gonna take the PSP about 8 months to catch the DS in Japan alone, if it maintains this rate.

SantaC

Broshnat said:
Some interesting numbers.

I'm suprised at how weakly Mario Party Advance is selling- it'll struggle to do even 250k at this rate.

Strong numbers for Super Mario 64 and Sawaru still, in a week which sees PSP sales pick right up for a few weeks with a good number of shipments now available.

Next week will be the most exciting in a long time:

Resident Evil 4 - will it bomb or do some steady numbers? Will it boost GC sales?
Radiata Stories - a Star-Ocean size hit?
ACE - the Japanese love their robot fighting games
Yoshi touch and go - should give a strong boost to DS numbers and sell well

Could be interesting. Some may bomb, some may excel, unfortunately the safe money is on them all just doing about 120-180k

We shall see...

BH4 should have launched in Japan about this moment :p

Broshnat

Banned
GDJustin said:
Its gonna take the PSP about 8 months to catch the DS in Japan alone, if it maintains this rate.

It wont though. It's just temporary. Sony themselves have said they have shipped 800k PSP now, it should be in good supply over there now. With Yoshi next week (I initially thought it was out this week) the DS should see a boost.

I can see it being neck-and-neck most of the year apart from with big releases. If Nintendo can get Jump Superstars (million seller) and Pokemon out this year they can carve out a big lead. I can see it being fairly close for the next few months tho really, until the big software arrives. That 900k gap isn't gonna close anytime soon.

Broshnat

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
BH4 should have launched in Japan about this moment :p

I so so hope it does well- first day numbers should be out late tomorrow / early Friday:

100k pretty poor- on par / less than RE Zero
150k ok, nothing stellar
200k pretty good
250k excellent, about as well as one could reasonably expect on GC's userbase
300k+ not gonna happen unfortunately, although it deserves to

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Brosh, I actually agree with you. I own a DS and will own a PSP on launch day... I don't consider myself BIASED per se... I just root for the DS, if that makes sense.

That being said, I don't think these weekly sales are that big of a deal. DS has a million unit lead in Japan alone, 2M in America, and people are freaking out over the PSP outselling it by 20K when there was no compelling reason to buy a DS this week... there's been no new software since launch.

Edit: call it damage control if you like, but I'd always say these are good #s for nintendo. Months after launch they're selling 40+K weekly, without any compelling new reason to do so. It's taking Sony MUCH more money spent to almost think about being able to match them, let alone surpass them.

Well the GBA market is surely being canabilized...

Last years MediaCreate numbers (Not an exact match but close enough)

January 19 - 25, 2004
PlayStation 2 - 51,023
Game Boy Advance SP - 46,834
GameCube - 13,292
Game Boy Advance - 6,375
Xbox - 1,040
PSone - 586
Wonder Swan Crystal - 307

Not to mention GCN is about 200,000 behind 2004 so far.

Odnetnin

Banned
The nintendo DS titles so far post launch have been pretty weaksauce. They'll need a big shakeup soon - bloody hell; the US launch list is pretty sucky and as far as other releases are happening; sometimes with Nitnendo - they just don't release enough info/hype.

* just saw JD's post - so there has been no new games - that's what I figured for DS; the psp seems to be getting a bit of neat stuff coming - the polocrisis title should sell well.

PLEASE RE4 sell 250k. I reiterate this though - we'll now never know if the game doesn't sell because its on gamecube. Capcom SHOULD NEVER have done that prerelease before the game goes on shelf.

Broshnat

Banned
KeithFranklin said:
Well the GBA market is surely being canabilized...

Last years MediaCreate numbers (Not an exact match but close enough)

January 19 - 25, 2004
PlayStation 2 - 51,023
Game Boy Advance SP - 46,834
GameCube - 13,292
Game Boy Advance - 6,375
Xbox - 1,040
PSone - 586
Wonder Swan Crystal - 307

Not to mention GCN is about 200,000 behind 2004 so far.

Indeed, although to be honest sales are kind of down across the board. Sony had only been selling 20-25k a week before the PSTwo was released- it's not unreasonable to think that without the boost caused by this tha PS2 would be only around 20-25k as well.

Elios83

Broshnat said:
It wont though. It's just temporary. Sony themselves have said they have shipped 800k PSP now, it should be in good supply over there now. With Yoshi next week (I initially thought it was out this week) the DS should see a boost.

I can see it being neck-and-neck most of the year apart from with big releases. If Nintendo can get Jump Superstars (million seller) and Pokemon out this year they can carve out a big lead. I can see it being fairly close for the next few months tho really, until the big software arrives. That 900k gap isn't gonna close anytime soon.

It's only a question of software and third party support from now on.
I'm really interested in the future release schedule from both Sony and Nintendo.
Sony has Popolocrois,Tales of Eternia,GT4 Mobile (if they really manage to make it out by this spring) and the release of the FF7:AC UMD to keep sales up.

Izzy

Banned
Culex
(01-19-2005, 03:58 PM)
Reply | Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since all these PSP lovers seem to think a great milestone has passed, lets make a bet.

I'm betting the DS will outsell the PSP again next week. If it doesn't you can ban me for a month.

Broshnat
If the PSP sells more than 10 million by December 2005 you can ban me for a month
(01-19-2005, 04:00 PM)
Reply | Quote #65
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Culex:
Since all these PSP lovers seem to think a great milestone has passed, lets make a bet.

I'm betting the DS will outsell the PSP again next week. If it doesn't you can ban me for a month.

Me too.

Hilarious

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Looks like a few betting men will get jacked for their posting privileges :lol

So the downward sales trend of the DS in the face of PSP is now official (it was clear already to anyone not wearing the goggles). Also, it looks like the "GBA will still outsell both combined for some time" prediction has already been proven false.

Not sure about #1 just yet, but the Nintendo handheld monopoly is now done for.

duckroll

Hey so, before we get ahead of ourselves, are any of those people that are getting banned this week for last week's bets interested in betting on next week's sales figures? :lol

border

I suppose the bet-losers can try to wait and see if the Media Create numbers are a reprieve, but my guess is that will just be a temporary stay of execution.

Time to wave goodbye to:

Culex
Broshnat
Cruel Bastard Mario

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=32302&page=2&pp=50&highlight=enterbrain

Culex said:

Broshnat said:
Culex said:

Me too.

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=32302&page=3&pp=50&highlight=enterbrain

Cruel Bastard Mario said:
I'll bet what Culex is betting too, BTW. With the caviat that my ban will only be for a week. If (by some strange act of God or Buddah) the PSP does manage to outsell the NDS next week, we couldn't have the PSP fanboys celebrating for an entire month without some kind of CBM intervention, now.

1 of you will be missed!

Odnetnin

Banned
Izzy said:

Hilarious indeed. How did you do that post link thing? Its cool.

Sorry culex + Broshnat mates; but you are OWNED. and CMB... :lol

* CVXfreak was right you know. Its ABSOLUTELY dumb to put something like your abiltiy to post to a silly bet. 1 month is an awfully long time too.

Broshnat

Banned
Hey look, if people wanna ban me then fair enough- I'll let you guys decide. I did lose the bet fair and square, although in my defence I did think Yoshi was out this week and it's for that very reason (AGAIN) that I'm fairly sure DS will outsell PSP again next week. It should do close to 100k, as it would have this week if Yoshi had been released.

Anyway, as long as I can still view the posts- I wanna see how RE4 does and people's comments etc (I'm worrying that it'll bomb now, but let's see...)

Mrbob

GDJustin said:
Brosh, I actually agree with you. I own a DS and will own a PSP on launch day... I don't consider myself BIASED per se... I just root for the DS, if that makes sense.

That being said, I don't think these weekly sales are that big of a deal. DS has a million unit lead in Japan alone, 2M in America, and people are freaking out over the PSP outselling it by 20K when there was no compelling reason to buy a DS this week... there's been no new software since launch.

Edit: call it damage control if you like, but I'd always say these are good #s for nintendo. Months after launch they're selling 40+K weekly, without any compelling new reason to do so. It's taking Sony MUCH more money spent to almost think about being able to match them, let alone surpass them.

Owning both systems doesn't make you non biased.

Besides, I don't think it is the overall numbers about the PSP is what is impressive. It is the fact that the PSP carved out 50 percent of the portable sales this week (When you count DS/GBA/PSP). If the PSP can continue to do so that is a huge success as they have effectively split the market in two.

duckroll

You guys missed one more!

Cruel Bastard Mario said:
Goddamit I am always late to the good parties!

I'll bet what Culex is betting too, BTW. With the caviat that my ban will only be for a week. If (by some strange act of God or Buddah) the PSP does manage to outsell the NDS next week, we couldn't have the PSP fanboys celebrating for an entire month without some kind of CBM intervention, now. :)

Odnetnin

Banned
Broshnat said:
Hey look, if people wanna ban me then fair enough- I'll let you guys decide. I did lose the bet fair and square, although in my defence I did think Yoshi was out this week and it's for that very reason (AGAIN) that I'm fairly sure DS will outsell PSP again next week. It should do close to 100k, as it would have this week if Yoshi had been released.

Anyway, as long as I can still view the posts- I wanna see how RE4 does and people's comments etc (I'm worrying that it'll bomb now, but let's see...)

that said... no one took on your bet - a bet only works if there's a wager and something to be gained/lost vice versa. Oh well.. this is GAF and you're a pro Nintendo f-bot. Good luck. :)

Top Bottom