• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enterbrain / Famitsu software sales for January 10th - 16th

Broshnat

Banned
Izzy said:
TOS

. Language

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the Gaming Age Forums to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense. It is recommended that cursing be held to a minimum, as it does not promote civil conversation. Foul language in the form of insults directed towards other forum members may result in a ban.

You really are the most moronic poster I have ever seen on these forums!!

Firest0rm

I thought that by now people would learn that what they see is jackshit. It doesn't matter how many people on this board have seen something sold out or in stock. All this arguing leads to no where, wait until the next batch of numbers comes out.

-SRV-

Banned
duckroll said:
No voice acting - check
No realtime 3D cutscenes - check
Card based turn based strategy game - check
500k PSP userbase vs 80mil PS2 userbase - check
Non-canon storyline - check
Not directed by Kojima - check

The above plus

Has the benefit of the immersion or i should say lack of immersion due to the PSP's small screen-check
Looks like a Dreamcast port, could have been done and better implemented on the DS with the touch screen for the cards-check

Broshnat

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I think its just those numbers that are driving him crazy. A little too close for comfort. :p

Haha!!

I'm really not that bothered to be quite honest. The PSP has come close to MATCHING DS sales for the first time since launch and people begin to celebrate?? Haha!! It's already a million ahead, wait for Jump Superstars, Pokemon and even Yoshi next week and that gap will just grow and grow...

Broshnat

Banned
duckroll said:
Hey man, chill. Don't let one fool get to you. I think most of us are on your side here. :D

Nah, I don't care mate. Just looking back to some of his older posts and this guy is the dictionary definition of a fool. If he doesn't post stuff a week after it's already been argued about he just posts random comments and quotes other posters!! :lol

PLUS, he's a Man United fan by the looks of things!!!

Culex

Banned
Since all these PSP lovers seem to think a great milestone has passed, lets make a bet.

I'm betting the DS will outsell the PSP again next week. If it doesn't you can ban me for a month.

Broshnat said:
Haha!!

I'm really not that bothered to be quite honest. The PSP has come close to MATCHING DS sales for the first time since launch and people being to celebrate?? Haha!! It's already a million ahead, wait for Jump Superstars, Pokemon and even Yoshi next week and that gap will just grow and grow...

What are you trying to do? Prove my point even more?

Broshnat

Banned
Culex said:
Since all these PSP lovers seem to think a great milestone has passed, lets make a bet.

I'm betting the DS will outsell the PSP again next week. If it doesn't you can ban me for a month.

Me too :D

duckroll

Miburou said:
How much did MGA sell anyway? If it's not coming out here, I might just get it.

From the same site sourced for the top sales, MGA is 29th place with 7800 units moved this week and 75000 units total. Oh and MGA -is- going to be released in the US and Europe, it's been announced. Hell they have an english site too, so you might wanna wait.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Culex said:

:lol more and more people willing to stake their GAF membership on the line over the DS vs PSP rivalry...

teepo

duckroll said:
From the same site sourced for the top sales, MGA is 29th place with 7800 units moved this week and 75000 units total. Oh and MGA -is- going to be released in the US and Europe, it's been announced. Hell they have an english site too, so you might wanna wait.

wow, that's not bad at all. any luminies numbers?

NWO

johnjohnson said:
I don't understand why MGS3 sells so well while Metal Gear Acid bombed quite hard. Why is that so?

Probably because MGS3 is one of the best games this generation while Metal Gear Assid sucks.

MediaCreate #s for end 2003 and beginning 2004

December 29, 2003 - January 4, 2004 this was considered first week of 2004
PlayStation 2 - 244,800
Game Boy Advance SP - 242,800
GameCube - 164,500
Game Boy Advance - 33,700
Xbox - 4,300
PSone - 1,400
Wonder Swan Crystal - 660

January 5 - January 11, 2004
PlayStation 2 - 87,286
Game Boy Advance SP - 69,412
GameCube - 36,906
Game Boy Advance - 12,057
Xbox - 1,950
PSone - 1,033
Wonder Swan Crystal - 474

January 12 - January 18, 2004
PlayStation 2 - 60,399
Game Boy Advance SP - 41,357
GameCube - 19,607
Game Boy Advance - 7,982
Xbox - 1,249
PSone - 631
Wonder Swan Crystal - 353

If MediaCreate numbers similiar then GBA #s cut by like 40%. GCN 2005 sales running about 190,000 behind 2004 sales.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Why is it the same every week?

Enterbrain numbers come out and the PSP fans rejoice, celebrating the fact the DS is still outselling the PSP, but by less than last week. Then the Media Create numbers are released, the gap grows in the DS's favor and the PSP fans go silent (or bitter). It'll happen again today and happen again next week and again in the weeks after that.

Peoples need to realise that both systems are selling out. The PSP was at about 90-94% sellout, while the DS was at the same rate (and possibly higher). The DS is limited by supply, the same as the PSP. DS sales are not going to just dry up, while the PSP remains strong. Even if the PSP does start beating the DS, it has a million units to go before it catches up.

These threads suck.

sohka88

And from what I've heard the DS is as close to selling out as the PSP is

from where did you hear this? The DS is and has been available always. Stop it already.

Psp will certainly start outselling it soon. People have just been waiting, not saying anything until it actually happends.

Speevy

Banned
sohka88 said:
Psp will certainly start outselling it soon. People have just been waiting, not saying anything until it actually happends.

Well I hope it happens sooner than later, because there is important work for PSP fans that has to be done...

2MDMafN04.jpg

Broshnat

Banned
sohka88 said:
from where did you hear this? The DS is and has been available always. Stop it already.

Another idiot. This thread seems to attract them.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
JJConrad said:
Why is it the same every week?

Enterbrain numbers come out and the PSP fans rejoice, celebrating the fact the DS is still outselling the PSP, but by less than last week. Then the Media Create numbers are released, the gap grows in the DS's favor and the PSP fans go silent (or bitter). It'll happen again today and happen again next week and again in the weeks after that.

Peoples need to realise that both systems are selling out. The PSP was at about 90-94% sellout, while the DS was at the same rate (and possibly higher). The DS is limited by supply, the same as the PSP. DS sales are not going to just dry up, while the PSP remains strong. Even if the PSP does start beating the DS, it has a million units to go before it catches up.

These threads suck.

???

Enterbrain 1/3 - 1/9

DS: 132,000
PSP: 55,000

http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=31365&page=1&pp=50

Then later in the week, Media Create 1/3 1/9:

DS: 108,561
PSP: 62,052

http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?p=875442#post875442

PSP went up, DS went way down from Enterbrain estimates.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Hollywood said:
Low sales from the PSP are said to be shortages, but when the DS suddenly has a drop their not? Great logic.

This has nothing to do with logic or whatever (and your implied "logic" isn't exactly making sense, either). There have been many reports regarding DS availability; the consensus is that they are not exactly rare.

We'll see next week, I guess...

The Xbox shortage in Japan is sickening.

LOL, exactly.

Broshnat

Banned
Well, if we'd have believed our "sources" in Japan, it's:

Impossible to get a PSP here, doesn't look like any new shipments have arrived yet
and yet a further 350k+ units have been sold since the initial launch shipment... how does that one work then??

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Broshnat said:
Well, if we'd have believed our "sources" in Japan, it's:

and yet a further 350k+ units have been sold since the initial launch shipment... how does that one work then??

Fool.

PS2s were nearly impossible to get in 2000 (and even all the way until Spring 2001); yet hundreds of thousands were sold during that period.

I haven't seen an XBOX in retail for a month -- how did they sell 1 million in December?!?!? :rolleyes:

NWO

JackFrost2012 said:
Just cause you're not clever doesn't mean you're right.

And your stupid remark doesn't change the fact that the card game still sucks. :lol

If you prefer a MGS card game over MGS3 then that's your opinion. I like many others don't.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
NWO said:
And your stupid remark doesn't change the fact that the card game still sucks. :lol

If you prefer a MGS card game over MGS3 then that's your opinion. I like many others don't.

It's a good game that grows on you after a while. It's just a REALLY sloowwwww game. It is one of the slowest paced games I can think of in recent memory. You have to really be in a certain kind of mood to get into playing it, and it sure doesn't mesh with the mood most portable gamers are in unless they're sitting at home already.

I can totally see why the sales are bad. It's just not a very likeable game from the outset and is more of an acquired taste.

I don't think, realistically, anyone can choose MGA over MGS3 and I don't think anyone was saying that.

Broshnat

Banned
mashoutposse said:
Fool.

PS2s were nearly impossible to get in 2000 (and even all the way until Spring 2001); yet hundreds of thousands were sold during that period.

I haven't seen an XBOX in retail for a month -- how did they sell 1 million in December?!?!? :rolleyes:

You obviously missed the sarcasm.

My point is that this whole "well PSPs are sold out, if loads were available it would outsell the DS"- why?? How do you know? Nintendo shipped 1.5m DS in 2004 and sold all of them. That surely shows that they too are selling as quickly as they can produce, surely?

And now by the looks of things, stocks are starting to get low in many places while any new shipment of PSP's is being snapped up pretty quickly.

It's just not as simple as:

Low DS numbers means not popular since there are "loads" around
Low PSP numbers are due to shortages

DS is also starting to feel the squeeze a little bit now by the looks of things...

Bickering over inconsequential numbers (there's a 1k difference, and it's just one week) - CHECK
Anecdotal evidence used in said bickering - CHECK
No conceivable end in sight unless there's a lock - CHECK

What an ugly thread this is going to be.

Sony Vs Nintendo in the handheld market is good for competition, but bad for gaming forums everywhere. Fanboyism enters the handheld market?

Broshnat

Banned
It doesn't matter if both consoles were from sony. Or it was sega an microsoft. Or chocolate vs cake. Makes no difference. Some people like to follow things like this and see how one does compared to the other. Some people support one, some support the other. What's the problem?

Spiderman vs Attack of the Clones
Harry Potter vs Lord of the Rings
FIFA vs Pro Evo
Radiohead vs Nirvana
Michael Jackson vs Madonna

People like a good duel and to bet on who would win- Celebrity Deathmatch anyone?

Why don't people just go back to their "what features would you like to see in Madden 2009" threads and leave everyone else to it??

Yeah, of course, I'm not against the curiosity and hedging bets on how certain things will do... but it doesn't matter enough for us to berate each other.

Especially one weeks sales.

Broshnat

Banned
radioheadrule83 said:
Yeah, of course, I'm not against the curiosity and hedging bets on how certain things will do... but it doesn't matter enough for us to berate each other.

Especially one weeks sales.

Well it's not the sales or the fact it's Sony and Nintendo or whatever that things get nasty, it's certain posters' attitudes and how they go about "supporting" their point that gets other peoples' backs up.

Human nature unfortunately...

Top Bottom