• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#ESA2016 speedrun marathon (European 'Games Done Quick') happening right now

Rellik

Looks like I missed some good games last night after the Resident Evil 3 run. Hopefully there's an archive.

Catvoca

Banned
Man, they are running pretty far behind. I was hoping to watch that Spyro 2 run but it looks like it'll probably more than an hour after it's scheduled.

They are slowly improving that interview couch setup every time I look at the tv and they are talking, now we have cats, flowers, esa banner and a mic on a stand! getting there...

Vortex566

Spikevegeta is absolutely hilarious right now. I think Souls' block tonight will get a lot of viewers and they both should be good runs. It's insane that every donation is getting increased ten fold.

Didn't know this existed either and it's pretty entertaining. I actually thought Yume Penguin Monogatari was that pseudo 3D game for MSX, but it looks like I was wrong!

They really need some music for the intermissions, though.

Plus, the modest number of viewers/chat members means I can view this on my Raspberry Pi setup. :p

Rellik

They are slowly improving that interview couch setup every time I look at the tv and they are talking, now we have cats, flowers, esa banner and a mic on a stand! getting there...

It's much better than yesterday after the Outlast run when the interviewer ran out of things to say and just froze really awkwardly.

KarmaCow

Is this archived anywhere outside of Twitch VOD? I was hoping to catch the Axiom Verge run but the schedule seems fucked.

Kind of a shame to be reading this on reddit. Sounds like the event isn't exactly up to snuff.

I could tell from the first day that something was up, I honestly wonder what happened with the planning... if there was much to beign with.

No projector really? you don't hire a large arena and expect everyone to hang around without a projector, it was different back in 2011 when these things were only 50~ people but not now days.

LordAlu

I've been here since it started yesterday and I must admit it has been a bit of a shambles.

There seem to be constant problems with setup. There doesn't appear to be any air conditioning, so the whole place is really hot - I don't do well in heat at all so I've had to head back to the hotel this afternoon to recover and let it cool down outside. The main screen still doesn't work so those further back can't see anything, which means no one is really watching. Only when Spike got on hosting (and they pumped his voice through the room) did anyone get interested (and it really showed how much experience Spike has at doing that kind of thing). The stream layout is terrible, which is incredibly surprising coz it looks completely different to what it appeared to be in pre-planning that actually looked good. There's practically no information at the event either, we tend to find out what's happening by Discord :/

At least Sweden is a great place, so I'm looking forward to exploring the area once the temperatures are reasonable for me.

Top Bottom