• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#ESA2016 speedrun marathon (European 'Games Done Quick') happening right now

Alebrije

who the hell is the tech guy this year

images

Veldin

I haven't watched much of this largely because I could tell it was a really sloppy event but from what little I've seen it seems like the issues are somehow getting worse.

Dambrosi

Banned
Damn, just woke up from a nap and I thought I'd missed the Bloodborne run, was gutted. Now I'm gutted that we might not get the run after all due to the event's incompetence. What a world, what a world.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, just woke up from a nap and I thought I'd missed the Bloodborne run, was gutted. Now I'm gutted that we might not get the run after all due to the event's incompetence. What a world, what a world.

You didn't miss because it never begun!

SZips

Really enjoying the runs but hot damn, the technical issues and downtime between runs is extremely excessive. Was it like this last year?

Man the tech issues are sooo bad, it's making it almost unwatchable even though I'm a pretty big fan of speedruns. Can't imagine many casual watchers are going to stick around if the issues keep persisting, which is very unfortunate because it's such a great cause.

Alebrije

This is beyond amateur broadcast , lame sound and interviews

Sleeping girl again..lets see if she holds this time

I just tuned into this. Are the setup times really this long? It seems like they've been on this interview scene for ages now. I wonder what happened; I recall the earlier ESA events being relatively smooth compared to this one.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Why does it always take them so freaking long to change the fucking game? seriously what the fuck

Why does it always take them so freaking long to change the fucking game? seriously what the fuck

It's hard to run these events, but this one is particularly weird since they've done these for a few years, and I don't recall anywhere near as many issues as they're having now. How will they finish the schedule on time if they're this delayed? What are the runners supposed to do when their runs will be several hours past what they planned for?

gunstarhero

Just went through the game list:

Disappointed there's no playthrough for the reboot of Shadow of the Beast. Game was so great - was hoping it got some attention in Europe since I'm likely the only person who played it in America. LOL.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Da fuq? I was planning on staying up late to watch the Bioshock Infinite run, they even talk about the games before the weirdly long intermission...and then it just goes to Hitman 2 with zero explanation? I get that they don't exactly have the budget of AGDQ, but who's running this thing?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Da fuq? I was planning on staying up late to watch the Bioshock Infinite run, they even talk about the games before the weirdly long intermission...and then it just goes to Hitman 2 with zero explanation? I get that they don't exactly have the budget of AGDQ, but who's running this thing?

Now imagine if you're the runner who flew all the way to wherever they are....

tedtropy

Now imagine if you're the runner who flew all the way to wherever they are....

I can't imagine. At least it looks like it was only bumped up abit on the schedule, but with the way things have been going, who knows what's actually next...

I feel like all these issues are going to hurt ESA next year.

They'll have to work some magic to get these runners back, that's for sure. I imagine people don't go to ESA just for exposure for their channels (that doesn't even work well at GDQ events), but I'd sure be stressed if my run got pushed back several hours. That's a lot of extra time to be awake and bound to the venue.

tedtropy

Infinite run has been entertaining so far. Gonna be tired either way when Monday morning rolls around, may as well see a fun run first.

That was a very entertaining Bioshock Infinite run. Still love the ending to this game, I'm a sucker for
multiple dimensions/universes converging together.
Enjoy the discussions such stories bring.

Edit: They didn't even put the full ending WTF MY EARSSS

tedtropy

That jump from whisper quiet commentator feed to FUCK YOU MAX VOLUME AD was much appreciated by the rest of my asleep family and the half-asleep me on the couch. Jeebus. Nice run, all the same. And is the donation tracker broken?

Famassu

I
At least Sweden is a great place, so I'm looking forward to exploring the area once the temperatures are reasonable for me.
Ah, so that explains the disgusting shit that that one person stuffed into his upper lips. Sweden & their shitty snus.

Top Bottom