• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU draws up Brexit bill

tuxfool

Banned
Because we like democracy perhaps? don't think many of the people who voted brexit actually thought we'd be better, or have 350m for the NHS. It's about accountability, the EU heads are so far detached from the everyday person that they cannot be held accountable.

Tell that to the Judges that got called the "Enemy of the People" for upholding the constitution. Your average Brexiter couldn't explain Democracy even with a "Democracy for Dummies" crib sheet in front of them.

Because we like democracy perhaps? don't think many of the people who voted brexit actually thought we'd be better, or have 350m for the NHS. It's about accountability, the EU heads are so far detached from the everyday person that they cannot be held accountable.
those people ended up with an unselected head of state.
also they didn't think they'd be better, but did it anyway? are they fucking mental?

Burli

Pringo
We pay approx £18 billion a year anyways. So bill me for £100 billion over 6 years and job done.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/how-much-do-we-spend-on-the-eu-and-what-else-could-it-pay-for/amp/

Factor in rebate it's £12 billion

If that is all the price you need to pay. Good

Factor in the money gained back from the EU in grants and bursaries and it's about 6 billion a year. Did you read the article you linked? If we end up having to pay the 100 billion the EU is after (because we have no bargaining power in this situation) that will be the equivalent of 17 years of EU membership paid upfront, do you really think we can afford this?

TimmmV

Absolute bollocks - especially the 2nd sentence

.. so I can time a cheeky holiday to France on the day, and keep an EU passport! Sounds good to me.

Ugh

SmartBase

Wouldn't that be part of the trade deal talks, which will not begin until the bill has been agreed upon and the rights of EU citizens in the UK after Brexit are secured?

City or passporting won't be discussed until UK agreed to exit bill, Ireland solution and citizen problems.

I completely misread that article, don't know why I thought that would've been a part of the bill. Never mind then.

iP42wHz.gif

Top Bottom