• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of crazy how many people are convinced that there will be a terrorist attack. I have to reassure my family that I'm not going anywhere close to Paris :).

Technically anything can happen, but with millions of people attending the chances of something happening to a specific person are tiny. I think it's something to be concerned about, but nothing to really worry about... In reality There's probably higher chance of me getting into accident on the way to the airport... :)

I mean, it's a risk but I'm sure the relevant security services are all over it. I'm in Paris for other reasons in the next couple of weeks, and I'm not really worried. Be vigilant, but there's no reason to be scared on a hunch.

Go England!
It's going to be a dumpster fire for us oh god

Lego Boss

Spain, Germany, Italy, France.

Winner will come from one of these.

Pity England can't put the Leicester team in instead of old man Rooney and liability Smalling and Jack Wheelchair.

Will be actually good if we win a tournament game, but l'm not hopeful after the way Woy set up our best players to be least effective last night.

CassSept

If Poland doesn't advance to the Round of 16 this year I swear to God there is no possibility our team will reach Knockout Phase in my lifetime.

JDB

Banned
Rooting for Christina Ronaldinho to take home the cup.
qcT33nt.gif

Arjen

I'm not really exited for this one, gee, I wonder why..
I'll be rooting for out neighbours. Go Belgium!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm not really exited for this one, gee, I wonder why..
I'll be rooting for out neighbours. Go Belgium!

That's very kind, thanks!

edit: lol Thomas Vermaelen is also out as of now. If this keeps up, we won't have any defensive players left by the start of the tourney

bjaelke

Looking forward to seeing all the new rules implemented. I assume it's going to be a mess - both on the pitch and in this thread.
What an embarrassment of riches.
Absolutely. Italy's worst front line up in years. The gulf in quality between defenders/midfielders and strikers is alarming for such a big nation. Compare it to this alternative France squad (people not selected): http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...uad-of-french-players-not-going-to-euro-2016/

Kinan

Can't wait! Going to two Ukraine games... As long as we make it out of the group I'll be happy. :)

For Germany it might be. As much as I want Ukraine to make it out of that Group, one of those spots is almost certainly going to Germany...

I am managing to come only to the game against Germany in Lille. Really pumped. :) Go Ukraine!

Alx

Will follow it if the teams are good. Judging from the last world cup, Germany is probably the more likely to win. I don't feel France has been good lately, also they/we'll be missing many major players apparently (not that I knew them beforehand :p).

Eric_S

Predictions, Sweden will bravely fail in new and innovative ways, forever setting the standard of how to lose without grace.

England will show their usual remarkable quality and rightfully win the cup by being clearly superior and not at all exit at the group stages after three matches.

Belgium will make a meteoric rise through the tourney, either burning up early through pressure or burning all the way through the finals only to lose against the brave and elegant England, playing long balls from the defence.

Hopp Schwiiiz!!!1

We can do it, let's qualify for the next round and then go home, wooohooo! And that's the best case scenario ;)

As a Scottish person, this tournament will be especially horrendous given everyone else in the British Isles qualified aside from us. Woeful.

Kain

The spanish team is more or less ok until you reach the forwards:

Forwards: Pedro (Chelsea), David Silva (Manchester City), Alvaro Morata (Juventus), Aritz Aduriz (Athletic Bilbao), Nolito (Celta Vigo), Lucas Vazquez (Real Madrid).

I have no fucking clue what's going on there

Kain

I mean, it's better than having Torres crawling around the field, for sure, but Pedro and Silva are crucial for Del Bosque (specially Silva), it's very hard for both to play at the same time because they cover essentially the same position, so one will go to the midfield for sure, which in turn has three fixed guys: Busquets, Iniesta and Cesc, so that leaves Pedro/Silva plus another guy, but the options are:

- Morata: very good player with zero national team experience and used to play in Juve/Madrid, aka, completely opposite to what Spain tries to play. He is pretty great anyway, so he should have some minutes at least

- Aduriz: 35 year old guy with zero international experience that was called because, well, he's a good guy and everybody loves him. He's not bad by any means, but still...

- Nolito: he's good, but I don't see a role for him in the national team. Benchwarmer number two.

- Lucas: lol yeah, he's going to warm the bench nicely

So basically:

They'll just play 4-6-0.

Pedro-Silva-Iniesta-Cesc-Busquets-Koke/Thiago and four defenders. We'll have 99% ball possession. Go Spain!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
As a Scottish person, this tournament will be especially horrendous given everyone else in the British Isles qualified aside from us. Woeful.

I mean, there's been sufficient fucking around you can probably claim whoever. I'm pretty happy to root for both Wales and England... although for the first time in a while that might be problematic.

Big-E

On paper this Italian team is the worst in a long time. Still think they will be able to get out of the group. Maybe they can surprise people as expectations are low.

Is there a gaf fantasy league? I have a team set up on the official one for this, always good fun or international tournaments.

edit, just seen it on page 2, thanks

Hoo-doo

Banned
The best time to be on GAF has finally arrived.

Fuck E3. Euro cup and world cup threads are where it's at.
Shame my country failed to even qualify (The Netherlands) but I honestly don't care all that much.

I'll live vicariously through my south-of-the-border Belgian friends.
Hey, I lived in Antwerp for almost a year, i'm allowed. Go red devils!

clemenx

Banned
What was the rationale to up the teams to 24? It's kinda ok watching Albania, Hungary, Northern Ireland and the like showing up there but I liked how "elite" the Euro always felt with less teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom