• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explosions at Istanbul Aiport (Up: 31 dead, dozens injured)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueliner

Banned
Apparently one of the most secure airports in the world. Horrible news.

According to reports, there are 4 of the terrorists at large.

LNBL

According to some sources its hinting towards Isis, who said they'd attack more places during Ramadan. Fucking pigs, calling themselves muslims during a holy month and fucking killing people. So infuriating

Jag

According to some sources its hinting towards Isis, who said they'd attack more places during Ramadan. Fucking pigs, calling themselves muslims during a holy month and fucking killing people. So infuriating

Local police are blaming ISIS. Nothing concrete, but fits their pattern.

Turkey officials are telling people to be careful since there is a possibility of more attacks.

Also

"The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says it is increasing security at New York City airports after the attack at Istanbul's international airport." Source: http://bnonews.com/news/index.php/tags/tag/id/1729/

Durden77

I wonder why he didn't kill him with his gun instead. Running away is probably the natural reaction in such an extreme situation.

This piece of shit probably got some satisfaction out of blowing himself up.

Police don't usually shoot to kill people that are downed. Or at least aren't supposed to in most situations. Especially considering he shot the terrorist as he came around the corner and the situation was hectic. He walks up to the terrorist with his gun drawn, probably assessing the situation. Once he realized he was strapped, there's only about 1 good decision he could've made there and he made it.

AKA, pretty much handled it exactly as he should've, and undoubtedly saved countless lives in the process.

Apparently one of the most secure airports in the world. Horrible news.

According to reports, there are 4 of the terrorists at large.

I believe they attacked at security. The problem with fortification is a lot of the times you have create a new target in the process.

Places like ben gurion have increasing levels of security I believe to prevent something like this. Cars and vehicles go through a checkpoint before they even get close so they would only hurt those in that area, not in the terminal.

It takes a fundamental redesigning of airports and how they think of security though

Blueliner

Banned
According to Al-Monitor reporter Metin Gurcan, an ISIS-inspired but a Turkish terrorist cell with central Asian members is responsible for the airport attack. He also supports Abdulkadir Selvi's claim that there were 7 perpetrators, and adds that 1 of them is captured alive.

Update.

Piano

Banned
Shit, I'm connecting through there in a couple of days.
I hope the death toll doesn't keep climbing. Turkey was a beautiful place when I visited.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Associated Press ‏@AP

BREAKING: Senior Turkish official says nearly 50 people killed in attack at Istanbul's airport.

BREAKING: Senior Turkish official says initial indications suggest Islamic State group is behind airport attack.

GHG

So sad to see the death toll keeps on rising.

Hopefully they get as much information possible from the guy they captured. They need to find out what he knows through any means possible. Fuckers.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

BREAKING: Senior Turkish official says nearly 50 people killed in attack at Istanbul's airport.

BREAKING: Senior Turkish official says initial indications suggest Islamic State group is behind airport attack.

50 people, Jesus.

With body parts raining down. Do not watch if you can't handle that, it's seriously disturbing.
Thanks. You're the only one to give that kind of information so I'll refrain, I guess everyone else is used to seeing graphic footage on the internet so it was probably no thing to them.

nynt9

From Twitter:

CmENuZnUgAAatQB.jpg

shoutouts to "PKK don't attack civilians" guy

Breakage

Considering the international nature of the airport,magnitude of attack and high body count, this should be all over the news yet it isn't here in the UK.

If it was an airport in Paris with the same death toll, coverage would be non-stop. The disparity really makes you think.

nynt9

Considering the international nature of the airport,magnitude of attack and high body count, this should be all over the news yet it isn't here in the UK.

If it was an airport in Paris same death toll, the coverage would be non-stop.
The disparity in coverage really makes you think.

Yeah, due to Turkish Airlines's relatively affordable flights to many major cities all across the world being centered in Istanbul, it's a hub for international travel. But Eurocentrism dictates that Turkish people don't get as much attention unfortunately.

Powwa

PKK targets police officers and soldiers. This is most definitely IS.

PKK definitely targets civilians as well, I don't know where does people gets these kind of information.

I'm so frustrated by these attacks, these terrorist scums of the earth causing innocent people die shouldn't exist. Condolences to those who've lost a family member/loved ones.

Terrible news once again.

It never ceases to horrify me that you can radicalize people to the point where they're willing to massacre innocents. Every time I see something like this it's just deeply shocking that people are capable of it.

RIP to all those poor victims. I hope the death toll stops rising. And I hope they catch the rest of those terrorist dipshits who are apparently still at large.

If it was an airport in Paris with the same death toll, coverage would be non-stop. The disparity really makes you think.

Yea it sucks...

This has the stink of ISIS all over it. Stay say Turkey-GAF

Terrible news once again.

It never ceases to horrify me that you can radicalize people to the point where they're willing to massacre innocents. Every time I see something like this it's just deeply shocking that people are capable of it.

RIP to all those poor victims. I hope the death toll stops rising. And I hope they catch the rest of those terrorist dipshits who are apparently still at large.

If it's PKK or a Kurdish group it's not even radical religion, but politics.

Humans can do shitty things for any cause.

Mimosa97

Yeah, due to Turkish Airlines's relatively affordable flights to many major cities all across the world being centered in Istanbul, it's a hub for international travel. But Eurocentrism dictates that Turkish people don't get as much attention unfortunately.

Has nothing to do with Turkey specifically. The general rule is that when radical islamic terrorists kill innocent muslims it's " okay ". They're just killing " their own ". No big deal right ?

It's when they kill non-muslims that the medias and politicians go crazy.

patapuf

Eh, i've looked on the big newspaper sites in french german and english and it's the top story everywhere safe for some brexit stuff in the UK.

This is not getting ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom