• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - High Resolution Texture Pack is out.

W0tSrNC.jpg

Fallout 4 - High Resolution Texture Pack is out. Clocking in at 55GB download on my rig at the moment.

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Processor: Intel Core i7-5820K or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GTX 1080 8GB
Storage: 58 GB available space

http://store.steampowered.com/app/540810/

shandy706

Not a large enough file IMO, but I guess that's big enough to give me 4k textures across the board at least.

Fingers crossed.

Going to try this on my Alienware r3, fingers crossed! Might get me back into installing a bunch of mods again, fingers crossed.

GHG

Comparison pictures please. I want to see how much of a waste of bandwidth this is.

Unai

I've bought a 1080 just last week so I guess I'm going to download it. I just hope my OC i7 2700k will handle everything just fine.

C.Mongler

Jesus christ, that's a big file batman. I wasn't a huge fan of this game, but I have wanted to come back to check out the DLC; anyone got the time to do some comparisons to see if this behemoth is worth downloading?

Piggus

Needs a 1080? My poor 970 is sad.

No, it needs a GPU with a lot of VRAM (such as a 1080). Texture resolution has very little impact on performance as long as there's enough VRAM available. VRAM usage also depends a lot on resolution. It may work fine at 1080p on older cards, so just wait and see.

Gekzee

Banned
I wonder what percentage of people who own FO4 on PC can realistically run this with those minimum recommended specs. Like 1%? Less?

TheRed

I'll wait to see if these are even good looking before I start another huge download. Went over data cap last month because of game downloads and huge updates. Not doing that again.

Trace

Banned
Did they just throw every source file for every texture in the game in and call it a day or something? I have no idea how you get 55gb of texture data unless every texture is 4-8k or so.

SirNinja

54.7 GB download on Steam. It's taking the game a while just to preallocate the space on my drive, lol.

I've got a 1080 so hopefully it can handle it with most other settings turned up.

styl3s

Been looking for something to test my 1080 SC on that wasn't Witcher/Doom.

Curious to see how better the textures are especially with it being like almost twice the actual game size.

Truant

My guess is that it will run fine on a 970. These high-res texture packs never seem to use the amount of VRAM that the developers seem to think, bar a few notable examples.

Grinchy

Banned
Will do. In the process of downloading. 3440x1440 and 4K. Which site to host them, will Imgur do?

You should use some random saves and just take a screenshot right when it loads now and then when you load after the update finishes for some no-hassle before and after shots!

Lister

Banned
I wonder what percentage of people who own FO4 on PC can realistically run this with those minimum recommended specs. Like 1%? Less?

Ignoring CPU requirements and ONLY looking at memory, and assuming you do indeed need 8 gigs of VRAM, and 6 gigs won't cut it, you're looking at 3.5%, or almost 9 million? or so people.

Assuming the other requirements are indded also required (doubtful) then it's less than that.

Top Bottom