• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 03/30/2011 New Vanillaware rpg - Grand Knight History; Gundam Memories

jiggle

sngrc3.jpg

scans are out
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/03/30/this_weeks_famitsu/

details are in the links

3DS
Class of Heroes 3D

PSP
Grand Knight History (Summer 2011)
- turn based RPG from Vanillaware
- published by Marvelous Entertainment
- medieval settings
- network support
TurnipFritters said:
There are three kingdoms on the island of Ristia: Logless, ruled by King Fausel, The Union, ruled by King Leon, and Avalon, ruled by Queen Muse. It's turn-based, apparently, and appears to have some sort of class system. Fausel looks like a badass, Leon looks like a generic hero (shortish blonde hair, white/blue color scheme), and Muse... She's got glasses, a witch hat, and freakishly large breasts.

Gundam Memories
Ore no Shikabane wo Koeteyuke (remake by original team)
Gloria Union
- Sting + Atlus
- new entry to the Yggdra Union series

PCS360
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City

Cancelled:
Bumpy Trot 2 (PS3/IREM)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Beginning to think that Japanese publishers only have the money to budget PSP games.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
the wii must've had so many games they gave its own page that the scanner must've conveniently forgot to scan

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Nekofrog said:
Famitsu scans are good now? I must've missed that.
You can post:
-The Cover
-Table Of Contents
-Advertisements
-Teaser Pages
-The Back Cover

All actual content is still banned however. The above are only allowed since they're essentially advertisements to try and get you to buy the magazine or content the magazine was paid to run in the case of advertisements.

randomkid

PSP continues to get an amazing sendoff. For the love of god let there please be a viable enough ecosystem in 2012 for these games to be published in America.

Bebpo

Banned
Do we really trust Vanillaware to do another rpg after Odin Sphere? Hmmmmmmmm

Kind of surprised they're going turn-based after two action-ish games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
AndriaSang has an article about Grand Knights History, but the link is broken, so we can only see the short text.

AndriaSang said:
Odin Sphere and Muramasa developer Vanillaware is working on a new PSP game titled "Grand Knights History." This week's Famitsu reveals the game to be a fantasy RPG with network support. Yoshifumi Hashimoto is producing, and Hitoshi Sakimoto is working on sound. A release through Marvelous Entertainment is set for Summer at ¥5,229.
Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/

jj984jj said:
Grand Knights History details please!

It's mostly characters/story stuff: There are three kingdoms on the island of Ristia: Logless, ruled by King Fausel, The Union, ruled by King Leon, and Avalon, ruled by Queen Muse. It's turn-based, apparently, and appears to have some sort of class system. Fausel looks like a badass, Leon looks like a generic hero (shortish blonde hair, white/blue color scheme), and Muse... She's got glasses, a witch hat, and freakishly large breasts.

Augemitbutter said:
was oreshika any good on PSX? sounds interesting.

It's good adjacent. It's really, really, really slow and unlocking new classes/mates relies pretty heavily on luck.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Bebpo said:

I know what you mean, but I saw the scans and can't say no to that 2D.

jiggle said:
medieval settings

and according to
http://www.andriasang.com/e/posts/2011/03/30/270361/
This week's Famitsu reveals the game to be a fantasy RPG with network support.
Huh? o_O

TurnipFritters said:
It's mostly characters/story stuff: There are three kingdoms on the island of Ristia: Logless, ruled by King Fausel, The Union, ruled by King Leon, and Avalon, ruled by Queen Muse. It's turn-based, apparently, and appears to have some sort of class system.
Really? :eek:

More 2D goodness and turn-based?!? I'm so happy! I hope they don't hold back on the difficulty.

Bebpo said:

they have my support for graphics and sound direction. they must have learned to fix the shitty gameplay sections by now.

TurnipFritters said:
It's good adjacent. It's really, really, really slow and unlocking new classes/mates relies pretty heavily on luck.

allright, now they have the opportunity to make it faster!

B.K.

Is the blonde girl with the red hood on the second page of the Grand Knights History from another Vanillaware game? Her design looks familiar.

cj_iwakura

B.K. said:
Is the blonde girl with the red hood on the second page of the Grand Knights History from another Vanillaware game? Her design looks familiar.

I assume you're thinking of Odin Sphere's Velvet.

jj984jj said:

Huh? o_O

More 2D goodness and turn-based?!? I'm so happy! I hope they don't hold back on the difficulty.

There are sprites in one of the scans that shows characters that appear to be a Warrior, Mage, Cleric and Rogue, but they don't seem to correspond to any of the characters introduced.

Teknoman

jj984jj said:

Huh? o_O

Turn based?
2D?
Sakimoto?

Day one.

Odin Sphere was pretty weak for some but Grimgrimore was really good and Muramasa was near incredible. People have to wash that bad Vanillaware taste off. They've made some fantastic games that are more than pretty pictures.

I question why this is going to the PSP though? Vanillware's games sell much MUCH better in America than they do in Japan.

DMPrince said:
fuck yeah Vanillaware game for psp. hopefully it comes out in NA. <3

It's Vanillaware and Marvelous. It will come out to the States.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I hope Manabu Namiki is on board too! Looking forward to what Sakimoto and Masaharu Iwata produce though.

Top Bottom