• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 03/30/2011 New Vanillaware rpg - Grand Knight History; Gundam Memories

Quixzlizx

I will buy anything Vanillaware puts out just to support dat glorious 2D. Hopefully there will still be NA publishers still willing to localize PSP games at that point.

Radogol

GhaleonQ said:
The spritework will make it worth it. *back-pat of solidarity*

How can you say that and still use that hideous scanned artwork for your avatar, when a glorious pixel art version of the same portrait exists? :p

onken said:
Damn when they gonna reveal that new edition of Street Fighter 4?
Oni, the last new character for SSFIV AE gets officially unlocked on April 8th. Most likely the console announcement will be after that.

Wow, seems like Irem probably won't be around much longer. Shouldn't have cancelled that Disaster Report game. Probably would have been seen as insensitive by some people, but to flat out cancel it after all that work was a terrible business decision.

duckroll said:
Grand Knights History is directed by Tomohiko Deguchi, one of the Murasama planners at Vanillaware. It's interesting that it's not directed by Kamitani. I wonder what Kamitani is working on instead...

please say grimgrimoire 2

Home console gaming is like a barren wasteland in Japan. I don't remember the last time a Japanese developed game was announced. I really hope Japanese developers consider making NGP/PS3 compatible games to get the best from both worlds, East (Portable) West (Home console) even if it costs me to buy an NGP just so I can play some JRPG goodness on my tv.

What they should have done is make Bumpy Trot 2 a NGP/PS3 launch game. Would probably cost a small amount of money and it would be on 2 consoles and would hit both portable/home markets. Missed opportunity if they totally abandon this game.

Famitsu put up direct feeds of Oreshika.

Here's how they compare to the PSX version:

uqhgL1c8k93O4gacXI4cQ2G4c89l9WET.jpg

ore1.png

pDKoPhtT2mb9SteWKLLP5M65P2f5Q4Z6.jpg

ore3.png

nCMWGdnfY44iYt6Q7A7ZJ6OOaOpIj8Yc.jpg

ore4.png

gCr111ElvzV49KcX582K1y1wUSd985Bg.jpg

ore2.png

Although it looks a hundred times more stylish, I still have a soft spot for the orignal's, just because they remind me so much of Persona 2. Like, even when you "run" in the original, it's like how you "run" in a no-encounter room in P2 (ie you just walk really fast).

Joule

Been wondering what Vanillaware's been up to. I'm down for more from them.

I do hope this new Union game from Sting/Atlus turns out better than Blaze Union.

Espada

Oh man, I just read the Grand Knights Union info and I am READY. I'd probably explode if Vanillaware announced a PS3/360 project.

-PXG-

Vanilla-motherfuckin'-ware

YES!

EDIT

PSP????

PSP!?!?!?!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

NOOOO!!!!

I let my excitement get the best of me.

Vorador

Banned
What the fuck is happening at Irem? First Disaster Report 4 gets canned (understandably) but now Bumpy Trot 2?

Now what else do they have?

Top Bottom