• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 03/30/2011 New Vanillaware rpg - Grand Knight History; Gundam Memories

randomkid

Seriously though, I know the end of the gen is when all the RPGs come out but is this insane. Persona 2 IS (and the inevitable EP), another Kiseki game, an Oreshika remake, a new Vanillaware RPG, the new Dept. Heaven game, Agito, I mean what the fuck? That's just on the PSP!

klee123 said:
Bumpy Trot 2 for PS3 is cancelled. Looks like Irem is in a world of shit atm.

Had a feeling this would happen , it's been so long since we heard about it .
When Disaster Report 4 got cancel i fear the worst .

AceBandage said:

178l50.png

Dali

From Siliconera:

Before the story begins you get to design your own character. Players can choose a gender, what their knight looks like, and voice acting.

I love Vanillaware, but I usually hate custom characters.

klee123

Kagari said:
Jeez. Irem shouldn't have cancelled Disaster Report 4.

I know it sounds selfish, but Irem shouldn't have delayed ZZT4 and released it last month.

Really besides the Pachinko games and the Otaku PSP game, what else does irem have in store?

Takao

Banned
klee123 said:
I know it sounds selfish, but Irem shouldn't have delayed ZZT4 and released it last month.

Really besides the Pachinko games and the Otaku PSP game, what else does irem have in store?

More Gensan!

gokieks

Grand Knights History being a PSP game makes me kind of sad, because it simply can't do the gorgeous art of all Vanillaware games justice. But Vanillaware + Sakimoto is a day-one purchase anyway.

B.K.

gokieks said:
Grand Knights History being a PSP game makes me kind of sad, because it simply can't do the gorgeous art of all Vanillaware games justice.

It looks pretty good, based on what I can see in the scans.

duckroll

Sqorgar said:
Did we ever get that Yggdra Union cellphone game that was being ported to the DS? Is Atlus no longer localizing Sting games or something?

Atlus does not have to localize every single Sting game, especially cash-in spinoffs. It only matters that they localize the real Dept Heaven games which Ito actually works on. The rest is fluff.

Turn-based Vanillaware RPG with character creation? :O
klee123 said:
They must have been having trouble before the earthquake.

Gunloc said:
Grand Knight History sounds hot and Ore no Shikabane wo Koeteyuke sounds pretty interesting.

I need them.

If only there was a North American publisher that relished in localizing quirky, mythology-saturated RPGs set in Japan... Sigh.

duckroll

Grand Knights History is directed by Tomohiko Deguchi, one of the Murasama planners at Vanillaware. It's interesting that it's not directed by Kamitani. I wonder what Kamitani is working on instead...

Izayoi

Banned
Yet another title to look forward to on the NGP.

By the way, do we know if the NGP back compat is going to be upscaling or re-rendering in a higher resolution?

GhaleonQ

So, I'm doing work stuff and haven't checked the news, but I checked the topic to see what I missed and

klee123 said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. IREM. ARGH. I guess we'll hear that they went out of business in the next few weeks now?

PSP certainly is going to go with a bang...in Japan.

Hopefully SCE has noticed that with the system completely sunk in the West, these last batches of titles in Japan could make some seriously nice backlog on the NGP-PSP2, and allows for early NGP powered-up releases of PSP games on top of PSN.

shuyin_ said:
WTF is IREM doing canceling all of their games? Do they aim for bankruptcy?

IREM is owned by Eizo Nanao, a company that produces LCDs and other computer technologies. thay can't go bankruptcy if eizo doesn't go either, but they can be shut down.

DiscoJer

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
PSP certainly is going to go with a bang...in Japan.

Hopefully SCE has noticed that with the system completely sunk in the West, these last batches of titles in Japan could make some seriously nice backlog on the NGP-PSP2, and allows for early NGP powered-up releases of PSP games on top of PSN.

Hah! What was the last game they actually localized from Japan? I think Holy Invasion of Privacy 3...

But you're right. There's all this crazy good stuff still being released, and it's doubtful that it will see the light of day in the West...

Ledsen

Bebpo said:
Do we really trust Vanillaware to do another rpg after Odin Sphere? Hmmmmmmmm

Kind of surprised they're going turn-based after two action-ish games.

Odin Sphere 2, yes please.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Anytime I hear Sakimoto mentioned my interested is automatically piqued. Sounds very interesting and I hope it can be localized.

Amir0x said:
dang PSP just crawling to the finish line
It has some decent stuff coming for sure!

Top Bottom