• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu interviews Nomura at E3 - More details on KH3 and FFXV

duckroll

Wasn't Luminous engine not finished yet? Maybe we have another case MOH:W with the devs dealing with unfinished tools and all that ending with a lackluster and buggy product. lol

KH3D was also a lackluster and less polished product (I wouldn't go as far as to say buggy), so that would be status quo! >_<

So the the trailer of ffxv was a fake video like KH3? I knew FFXV looked too good to be true.

Parts of the trailer were fake, but the gameplay video they released later is real.

Midou

Least everything from FFXV trailers we've seen so far seems to be a fairly interesting world and I could see potential for multiple titles. Hopefully they do not make up an entirely unrelated plotline and tie it into the main story ala FFXIII-2.

Lol, 6 years later and they're 'looking into the engine'. Amazing, XV will be the PS4's swan song. I will never get excited for one of their games again, by the time they come out I've forgotten they exist. It's like they announce their games before they even start working on them.

Synless

I just want a FFXV release timeframe. They have been working on the game for 7-8 years. The game should be out no later than next year, if it is later then that they have learned nothing.

Verendus

Banned
Oh god, OG Stella and PS Stella in direct order.

Least everything from FFXV trailers we've seen so far seems to be a fairly interesting world and I could see potential for multiple titles. Hopefully they do not make up an entirely unrelated plotline and tie it into the main story ala FFXIII-2.
Haven't played 13-2 (not going to willingly subject myself to torture), but I imagine the sequel will basically create a new story.

Oddly enough, FFXIV is and will remain the best Final Fantasy of this and the next generation.

XV looks like trash. Play as a privileged emo son of a Yakuza boss. Everyone is outrageously handsome and their only emotions are 'tv drama'. XIII looks better than this poop.

'A fantasy based on reality' my ass. All these fashion models devoid of personality beyond the most cliche cookie cut shit is so fucking far from reality. I don't care if the world is loosely based on fashion trends Japanese wankers jack off to.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I want to be excited for FFXV, but I have absolutely zero faith in SE's development process.

Saying things like its not even working on Luminous right now, nor on consoles or whatever is just straight up fucking alarming.

I just want a FFXV release timeframe. They have been working on the game for 7-8 years. The game should be out no later than next year, if it is later then that they have learned nothing.

The scary thing is thinking that most of the content that was created in those 7-8 years has been cut.

Hell they don't even say the year when it will launch... I wonder if most of the stuff they have is just what they showed lol

StuBurns

Banned
Oddly enough, FFXIV is and will remain the best Final Fantasy of this and the next generation.

XV looks like trash. Play as a privileged emo son of a Yakuza boss. Everyone is outrageously handsome and their only emotions are 'tv drama'. XIII looks better than this poop.

'A fantasy based on reality' my ass. All these fashion models devoid of personality beyond the most cliche cookie cut shit is so fucking far from reality. I don't care if the world is loosely based on fashion trends Japanese wankers jack off to.
Oh yes, XIII was infamous for it's unattractive cast.

Oh god, OG Stella and PS Stella in direct order.

Haven't played 13-2 (not going to willingly subject myself to torture), but I imagine the sequel will basically create a new story.

Either go all in for a sequel story or make it completely unrelated. One of the reasons XIII-2's story was an absolute cluster fuck was because they couldn't decide which way to go (second was because XIII's writing staff can't write). Though who knows, maybe Normura could pull that off better than Toriyama could. Hell, I don't doubt Normura would do a better job.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Epic Poem? Uh... is he talking about Greek/Roman style of epics or is he talking about the more modernly accepted term of epic. They are two completely different things.

Regardless, an epic poem would be nice if it's more of the former.

Shadow780

Epic Poem? Uh... is he talking about Greek/Roman style of epics or is he talking about the more modernly accepted term of epic. They are two completely different things.

This one, of course

x759AJT.jpg

duckroll

I thought I made it clear enough by typing epic (poem), but it seems I was wrong. You will always find a way to :kayos. :(

Yes he's talking about the classic poems known as epics.

Vire

So I'm confused, could someone clarify.

Was the gameplay trailer they released yesterday running in real time on PS4 and not faked? His comments are nebulous.

Likewise, is this running on the Luminous engine now? If it isn't, they are going to do an engine change midway through development? What the hell have they been doing the past five years? Jesus... Square.

BadWolf

Good stuff, thanks for the summary.

I'm one of the few that loved XIII and didn't mind the sequels as a result. From what I've seen of XV so far, I wouldn't mind more games set in that world at all.

The Vita bit was good to hear, hope its something awesome like Crisis Core or BBS.

FFXV looks like how my imagination used to interpret future FF games. Still RPG elements but way more dynamic and with more control. I realize this isn't anything new for RPG's, but to see it in a mainline installment and with such amazing presentation gets me more excited for the direction of the series than I have been in a really long time. I don't fear change as long as it's good, and this looks really good.

I'm still not the biggest fan of the character designs, but I'm okay with the rest of the art.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
KH3 sounds super super super early. Expect it in 2016. Also I'm not really a fan of the new shader...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I thought I made it clear enough by typing epic (poem), but it seems I was wrong. You will always find a way to :kayos. :(

Yes he's talking about the classic poems known as epics.

There are epics written later on some germanic and some nordic and I didn't know if they fell under classical poems or something else; in addition i didn't nkow if Nomura considered them as well. T_T.

:kayos

Carbonox

I think the fact that he mentioned that we'll see more of FFXV from now on is nice. Hopefully he means that, but we'll see.

I don't think Square-Enix can play stingy with XV anymore because it's now a mainline title. As a spin-off, it was more easier to hide it and play coy, as well as direct attention elsewhere. Now it has nowhere to hide and no doubt Square-Enix have plans for 16, 17, etc. in the far-off future and want XV out as soon as they can.

Just my personal observation. They REALLY need this completed now.

Regarding release, I'd like to think 2014 but I reckon early 2015 (at least in the west) is what could happen.

KH3 sounds super super super early. Expect it in 2016. Also I'm not really a fan of the new shader...

I think it looks okay, but I firmly expect the final product to look different; as you said it's really early so I'm sure tweaks will be made.

sn00zer

- They're calling the shading technique in KH3 the "Kingdom Shader" and the shaders they use will change with each world to create more authentic visual experiences based on the Disney source material. (This was already mentioned in the S-E Radio interview on their Youtube channel earlier.)

Going to say this again... this sounds like the best thing I have ever heard KH related

I thought it looked fantastic; seemed like a natural evolution of the look of KH2. Maybe a bit clean, but you know, that's true of so much Disney.

I'm thinking XV will launch in 2015, that's if the game continues without any further interruptions.

The only other interruption I'd be okay with is if they announced it for PC as well.

FF7 and 8 style, except not weird and wonky.

I thought it looked fantastic; seemed like a natural evolution of the look of KH2. Maybe a bit clean, but you know, that's true of so much Disney.

Would you say it's simple and clean?

duckroll

Have you heard anything about 2.5 yet? I'm starting to wonder if maybe Osaka plans to knock that out first before devoting full development resources into KH3. Pre-production could be looooong for KH3 if so. :(

Espada

Duckroll said:
- They're calling the shading technique in KH3 the "Kingdom Shader" and the shaders they use will change with each world to create more authentic visual experiences based on the Disney source material. (This was already mentioned in the S-E Radio interview on their Youtube channel earlier.)

YESSSSSS! I loved it when the models would change to suit a new world. I'm glad to see this being implemented.

Durante

Yeah the renderer isn't an issue at all. The real question is if Luminous Studio has a working toolchain and how easy the stuff is easy to use for the development staff. That's really the main question about the engine which they have never answered.
They actually had a full presentation shortly after the Agni reveal just about the tool integration of Luminous, IIRC.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Please

please

please

get an English-first speaking person on the staff to write English copy text. I have absolute confidence that Square Enix's translators and localizers are consummate professionals, but it is abundantly clear that writing things in Japanese first (and perhaps pushback by the original writers and producers against localizers or translators tampering with things) is leading to nonsense.

"A world of the VERSUS epic"
"fifteenth coming" name change gag

These are English words. They have English meanings. But they do not read, sound, or feel like they are written in English. And this ripples through to dialogue as well. And it's not just SE, it's stuff like Metal Gear Solid too.

Top Bottom