• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu (Sep. 15th) - ICO and SotC on PS3! / Valkyria 3 for PSP

Pissed off at Sega.

I'll eat my popcorn in a foul mood.

1tvdro.jpg

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
SaitoH said:
Well, that's disappointing. I have a PSP and love Valkyria but can't stand portable gaming. Anything I buy ends up unplayed, like my Metal Gear PW collectors edition.
Same, but I might make a special effort for this out of pure respect for the original.

Haven't tried VC2 yet. Have I missed much?

DeVeAn

SEGA you fucktards, Why do I keep thinking they will do the right thing. I know lets make a new Jet Set Radio for ONLIVE!!!!

Oh Sega Japan. Never change with your stupid decision making. Don't worry, I know you are trying hard to sink the company and one day... one day through hard work and dedication, you'll reach your goal.

Salsa

I dont really get the hate.

I mean i know the VC PS3 engine is great and that it looks beautiful etc etc, but i also think this type of game fits way better in a handheld.

Nolan.

I don't get why so many people are outraged, it's modern Sega they've been making all kinds of wacky decisions for a long while...

DeVeAn said:
SEGA you fucktards, Why do I keep thinking they will do the right thing. I know lets make a new Jet Set Radio for ONLIVE!!!!
Let's not give them ideas now :lol
DMPrince said:
Hopefully it's not about the CEDEC session and then say "see you at TGS" :lol
Probably is though :(

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
oh no sega is publishing a sequel to a psp game that is awesome on psp noooooo /wrists

Granted, they really should have gone with Valkyrie Chronicles: [Subtitle] for the PSP entries so everyone would stop acting like the games are betraying you and raping your puppies by merely existing.

jiggle

SalsaShark said:
, but i also think this type of game fits way better in a handheld.

if it does then they didn't need to change the game to make it better suited for handheld

Shig said:
Granted, they really should have gone with Valkyrie Chronicles: [Subtitle] for the PSP entries so everyone would stop acting like the games are betraying you and raping your puppies by merely existing.

that would've be a wiser decision
especially with the different direction the game took
GAF's reaction to a PSP VC was much more positive during the E3 montage mixed up, and the Famitsu fake

KariOhki

Neo Member
Well...meh. I was just talking to a friend about how awesome a VC3 on PS3 would be with 2's streamlined mechanices.

Meh. I'll still buy it.

rosjos44

GeoramA said:
Dammit. Why can't the PSP be unpopular in Japan like it is everywhere else...

Oh well. Last Guardian and ICO/SOTC HD are all I care about.

Fock yeah!

To be realistic. PSP is not that popular in Japan. Total sales for that console the past 6 years show that. Its just that everything else is pretty much dead in Japan.

SalsaShark said:

I mean i know the VC PS3 engine is great and that it looks beautiful etc etc, but i also think this type of game fits way better in a handheld.

Have you really played VC1 on the PS3? The PSP version changed the gameplay due to technical limitations.

plus shitty juvenile character desing

Volcynika said:
"This game isn't on the platform I want, I hope it bombs!"

:lol

Really, GAF?

It *was* on a platform that everyone had, they bought and loved the game and wanted more then Sega changed platforms on them to one they didn't own then down graded it and took away their HDTV's and controllers.

Macstorm

SalsaShark said:

I get the hate, I just don't care. I love Valkyria on the PSP, even though there are some design choices in VC2 I don't care for, it still works great on the system.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
rosjos44 said:
To be realistic. PSP is not that popular in Japan. Total sales for that console the past 6 years show that. Its just that everything else is pretty much dead in Japan.
Putting HW performance aside, a lot of the SW coming out on the platform is actually selling decently.

LiquidMetal14 said:
FML why didn't they............nvm

PS3 ICO
PS3 SHADOW
PS3 TLG

LET US PRAY

DETAILS NAO!!!
Thank you, there are far more important matters at hand than this anti-handheld cheerleading. We've done this before GAF, let's not make bigger asses out of ourselves than we already have.

Yeef

rosjos44 said:
Hey maybe if everyone wanted a PS3 game they should have bought the first one a lot more. You think these companies are going to satisfy our niche game needs when it costs 10's of millions of dollars and make no return on it? lol.
I bought VC1 on day one at full price! SEGA should have kept their (tacit) promise that it will forever be on my platform of choice. lol

Salsa

BomberMouse said:
Have you really played VC1 on the PS3? The PSP version changed the gameplay due to technical limitations.

plus shitty juvenile character desing

Ive played both at a friends house, so i guess you cant take me to seriously in what im saying, but i didnt noticed a BIG change ?

I mean the game seemed fine to play in short bursts, and its a fine genre for a handheld.

They do need to get rid of the highschool and generic anime crap.

Phenomic

SalsaShark said:

I think it's more of a Valkyria 1 was so great on the ps3 and set the bar so high (at least for me) that it's just disappointing to see it go to something other then the original platform or a machine with that level of graphical output. The PSP definitely have some amazing games which people don't seem to give any credit too. (Two of which just hit the states go ahead and guess which ones :lol ) but alas something about it just feels different. Not sure a great way to explain it. Same kind of thing occurs with me and Castlevania hand-held titles, I buy them all and they are fun games to run around and beat up some Draculas but I've never been as excited for them since Symphony because it left a console.

Top Bottom