• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu (Sep. 15th) - ICO and SotC on PS3! / Valkyria 3 for PSP

DevilWillcry said:
Thank you, there are far more important matters at hand than this anti-handheld cheerleading. We've done this before GAF, let's not make bigger asses out of ourselves than we already have.
Seriously :lol I'd give a shit but Ueda just stole SEGA's thunder

jett

D-Member
SotC, ICO and The Last Guardian are all featured on the same page...probably not much of a blowout of information.

Teknoman

Anticipating scans to hit the net for the first time in awhile.

jett said:
SotC, ICO and The Last Guardian are all featured on the same page...probably not much of a blowout of information.

Anything is good at this point.

randomkid

I've got a question, are there any examples of a console series receiving a numbered sequel on a handheld, followed by a numbered sequel on the original console? I just can't think of any situation where that's happened before.

Johnas

I am so beyond ready for some new information on The Last Guardian.

Doesn't hurt that we're getting more on the Team Ico Collection either.

Serenade said:
lol The title was changed.

:lol And rightly so.

B.K.

Ryu ga Gotoku OF THE END -
WTF? Zombies?
I've never played any of the series, but I didn't think it was the kind of game that would have
zombies.

Empty

jett said:

given that its been a year since we last heard anything about the game, i think mere crumbs of information count as a blowout.

Korigama

rosjos44 said:
Hey maybe if everyone wanted a PS3 game they should have bought the first one a lot more. You think these companies are going to satisfy our niche game needs when it costs 10's of millions of dollars and make no return on it? lol.

Except the LTD sales for VC1 are higher than VC2's.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
jett said:
Not much compared to the bomb Sega dropped apparently.

Now someone, get off you ass and get them details please!

A mod should edit TLG,ICO, and Shadow into the thread title.

stupei

Volcynika said:
"This game isn't on the platform I want, I hope it bombs!"

:lol

Really, GAF?

People were already saying the same thing about VC2. Sony-GAF has abandoned the PSP.
Just like everyone else. :(

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Jerk 2.0 said:
Another bland issue of famitsu.

When will they announce games that I want to play :(

They can't give you good taste in games :(

AniHawk

randomkid said:
I've got a question, are there any examples of a console series receiving a numbered sequel on a handheld, followed by a numbered sequel on the original console? I just can't think of any situation where that's happened before.

2D Mario? They weren't Mario, but they were Mario proper.

jett said:
Better than bitching about a handheld game though :p. There's gotta be something new in there.

duckroll

20050311h.jpg

The amount of complaining and death wishes over VC on PSP is ridiculous. Stop console whining and/or being graphics whores and be happy there are still companies willing to risk making turn based strategy games.

VegaShinra

jett said:
Damn. I guess just basic stuff will come of it. Still better than nothing.

B.K. said:
WTF? Zombies?
I've never played any of the series, but I didn't think it was the kind of game that would have
zombies.

Anoop posted on his blog that it was rumored that it was going to feature
zombies
but he didn't believe that it would be true.

randomkid said:
Dragon Quest will. DQIX on DS, DQX on Wii.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Why do I feel like the only person who's not surprised by this? I won't lie, I'd have preferred PS3, but it's Valkyria Chronicles so frankly it could be on the Atari 2600 and I'd buy the shit out of it.

Okay, at least the NES...

EXGN

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SEGA. The only way to redeem yourself is by having Overworks simultaneously develop Skies of Arcadia 2 for PS3.

mello

BlazingDarkness said:
So now Ryu ga Gotoku is resident evil :lol zombies all over

Looks incredible. This is the kind of direction I wanted them to move towards, get creative baby! :D

Vesper73

Now I'm pretty damn glad I have a PS3! Up till now, the only game that's clicked with me on there was Demon's Souls. Can't wait for this!

randomkid

QuiteWhittle said:
Dragon Quest will. DQIX on DS, DQX on Wii.

Yeah I thought about both Mario and Dragon Quest, but I'm looking for the specific case of a numbered sequel returning to the same original console. People were desperate to see Valkyria 3 return to the PS3, not a different future console.

mjemirzian said:
The amount of complaining and death wishes over VC on PSP is ridiculous. Stop console whining and/or being graphics whores and be happy there are still companies willing to risk making turn based strategy games.

Eh? Turn based strategy games were not at a risk of dying out and we get new ones semi frequently. People want more of what the got last year

AniHawk

EXGN said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SEGA. The only way to redeem yourself is by having Overworks simultaneously develop Skies of Arcadia 2 for PS3.

By the time they get started on that, everyone will be moving on to the next systems. PS3 will be replaced by the PS4, PSP by PSP2, DS by the 3DS, 360 by the 720, Wii by the Wii Plus. So the only logical answer is to put it on the PSP.

anddo0

Team ICO info WO0t!

As for VC3..I know this news will disappoint many people.. but as a PSP owner who is enjoying VC2. I couldn't be more pleased. Sure it would have been cool to play VC3 on PS3, but I'll take it anyway I can get it.

DR2K

Banned
[PSP] Valkyria Chronicles 3

Well since Sega is happy with sales of VC2 in the US, we're at least guaranteed to get this here. Looks like my PSP is getting some play in 2011.

Empty

according to andriasaang there is a nomura interview in there too, about dissidia ridiculous name mainly, but maybe he'll divulge some versus details pre tgs trailer. please.

DevilWillcry said:
So can we agree SOTC/ICO Collection is now pretty much 100% confirmed?
Yeah.

I'd love to see SotC in HD, with 60fps and no slowdowns!

I regret trading away my copy of SotC back in the day and always thought about buying it again, but now I can wait for this instead. So I'm very glad for this re-release on the PS3.

What are the odds of Sony doing a TLG demo pack in for those that purchase the Team Ico Collection? I remember them doing something like that with the GOW Collection...but then this is Fumito Ueda and Team Ico we are talking about here. Nothing comes out of that studio that isn't up to Ueda's standards.

lupinko

rosjos44 said:
Hey maybe if everyone wanted a PS3 game they should have bought the first one a lot more. You think these companies are going to satisfy our niche game needs when it costs 10's of millions of dollars and make no return on it? lol.

I bought the JP Valkyria LE day one, I also for no reason bought the US version (still sealed) just to have, I have almost all the figures, two copies of the OST (one of them signed by producer Ryotaro Nonaka), most of the mangas and books released. Hell, I even have all the other random merchandise (mug, towel, Hans the Pig plushie, etc.). Oh and I have JP Valkyria 2 PSP as well. I'll continue to support this series and all, but c'mon the game should really be on PS3 where it belongs.

And RGG Of the End having zombies reminds me of the time when Nagoshi said he would have Kiryu in space fighting zombies if he felt like it. :lol :lol :D

At least the master of tanning, Toshihiro Nagoshi and Amusement Vision still love the PS3.

hamchan

B.K. said:
WTF? Zombies?
zombies.

Holy crap what?!

What is going on? I'm feel I'm being overloaded with news today.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Woot Team Ico collection!

Meh @ VC3. I have a PSP and I don't even want the series on the system. Oh well, there's always the first one.

Ridley327

DevilWillcry said:
What are the odds of Sony doing a TLG demo pack in for those that purchase the Team Ico Collection? I remember them doing something like that with the GOW Collection...but then this is Fumito Ueda and Team Ico we are talking about here. Nothing comes out of that studio that isn't up to Ueda's standards.
There's probably a good chance since both ICO and SotC had demos prior to their respective releases. The team definitely isn't adverse to them.

DevilWillcry said:
We got ICO and SotC demos so i don't see why not :D

Top Bottom