• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

miserable

As a SNK2, shouldn't you be all about unfair bosses?

tumblr_ncl4ntVImR1qg0qp5o1_400.png

Gonzalez

Banned
I just don't buy what Del Rio is saying in terms of money.
I can sort of believe it. He's a former world champion, featured star of a major promotion, built in fan base, and is still in terrific shape. So I'm sure he's getting real good money just to pop the attendance number for a rinky dink promotion. Now if he were JTG that would be an entirely different story.

House shows are more representative of the audience than a smark crowd in Philly. #heeltown

oT5iIKo.gif

That's awesome to get two top tier babyfaces rolling. I could see the Northwest being Bryan's region since he's from there, while Florida etc is totally Roman's since he's from there.

Cagey

Banned
but Alucard, why have two majorly over babyfaces when you could... have one
Sure. Hell they have five over faces with Ziggler and Ambrose and Cena too. But one part of the crowd wants only three of five to be popular.

WWE ain't the only problem.

Heroman

Banned
House shows are more representative of the audience than a smark crowd in Philly. #heeltown

But are house show for family while wwe main audience is grown man in there 30s, also I dont care who they cheer I just think have these dude wrestle all time time dumb.

somedevil

Hideo Itami confirmed on twitter that he is facing Tyler Breeze on NXT Rivals. So this is the card:

NXT Title Match:
Champion Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

NXT Women’s Title Match:
Champion Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch

#1 Contender’s Match:
Adrian Neville vs. Finn Balor

NXT Tag Team Title Match:
Champions Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy vs. Lucha Dragons

Baron Corbin vs. Bull Dempsey

Itami vs Breeze

Card is stacked. Don't know if they can give all these matches the time they need. Plus will there be time for a Solomon Crowe debut?

Hideo Itami confirmed on twitter that he is facing Tyler Breeze on NXT Rivals. So this is the card:

Card is stacked. Don't know if they can give all these matches the time they need. Plus will there be time for a Solomon Crowe debut?
He's not debuting. Plus Bull Dempsey's match will be no more than three minutes. Sami and Kevin only 10-12 minutes. Sucks Mojo has been taken off tv. Only mystery will be how Fastlane will top this.....

Showaddy

I suppose if they cut down on the video packages and without the extended post-match celebration they could still give the 3 main matches plenty of time. Crowe will probably turn up during one of the lower card matches as well rather than having his own separate thing as he'll likely be debuting as a heel and starting a feud with Itami or Kalisto.

Fox318

No vaudevillens?

hitme

He's not debuting. Plus Bull Dempsey's match will be no more than three minutes. Sami and Kevin only 10-12 minutes. Sucks Mojo has been taken off tv. Only mystery will be how Fastlane will top this.....

Nah. Let's see...

Zayn/Owens: 15-20 mins
Balor/Neville: 13-17 mins
Women's F4W: 10-15 mins
Itami/Breeze: 7-12 mins
Tag titles: 7-10 mins
Bull/Corbin: 6-8 mins
promos/entrances: ~20 mins

Still have some time for a Crowe debut.

UberTag

I just don't buy what Del Rio is saying in terms of money.
I buy everything Alberto is saying about the cash.
Meltzer has more or less reaffirmed that all of the non-A+ player talent is getting paid dogshit compared to their pre-Network days.
The loss of PPV bonuses, DVD sales revenue, lower merch sales (most of the fodder talent has a handful of items at best)... it just makes sense.

Meltzer has also confirmed that Alberto is raking in the dough. Not every WWE castoff would enjoy his success but given his notoriety, Latino heritage and workrate, it's understandable.

I just think he's wrong about them all being "miserable". Haven't heard that from anyone reliable. Money isn't everything and the truly miserable like Justin Gabriel will leave.

Ithil

Nah. Let's see...

Zayn/Owens: 15-20 mins
Balor/Neville: 13-17 mins
Women's F4W: 10-15 mins
Tag titles: 7-10 mins
Bull/Corbin: 6-8 mins
promos/entrances: ~20 mins

Still have some time for a Crowe debut.

I would guess:

Zayn/Owens: 20 mins
Balor/Neville: 15-20 mins
Women's F4W: 10-13 mins
Tag titles: 6-8 mins
Bull/Corbin: 3-5 mins
promos/entrances: ~25 mins
Post match stuff: 10 minutes

They finished up about 10 minutes early last time, so probably they'll finish before the two hours is up.

dream

For the sake of storytelling, am I wrong in thinking that Sam Zayn vs. Kevin Owens should be a 2 minute squash where Owens destroys the champ and wins the belt?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I didn't have much of an opinion about the Vaudevillains until they started doing the Vaudevillain pictures segments. Those were great.

Rival looks fantastic, my new most anticipated match is the Tyler/Hideo match and Finn's entrance. I hope Sasha finally gets the strap this time.

Cagey

Banned
For the sake of storytelling, am I wrong in thinking that Sam Zayn vs. Kevin Owens should be a 2 minute squash where Owens destroys the champ and wins the belt?
Agreed. Owens being the brawling heel monster... who's chasing the face he can never beat is bizarre.

Mengetsu

Catching up on NJPW on AXS and my god I can't get enough of the commentary. It feels good feel like your one with the matches due to the way they talk about the style and the moves. I can't wait for NXT Rival as well. Good time in wrestling.

I think it makes sense for Owens to win and for their feud to be cut short so it can have some legs on the main roster. That's in an ideal world, of course.

Top Bottom