• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

The loading when making a sub is driving me nuts, especially when the computer makes 3 separate subs 30 seconds apart. all the pauses fucking kills my momentum! I'm fairly certain fifa 12 was faster. That's my only gripe at the moment though.

Hey Awesome. . .put up some shit bronze card for 30k, make it a day and pm the card, I got 25k with your name on it bitch.

Will do. I'll send you a PM when I get a chance too.

I spent my day today creating a Gold German team. Calling them Oktoberfest:

http://futhead.com/fifa/squads/77876/

Lots of room for upgrading, but Pander is a fucking monster set piece taker, and Afellay, and Mandzukic are beasts. Also Holtby has a nice shot. Very few wingers in the Bundesliga though which made this a bit difficult.

Never really gotten in to Fifa before but decided this year was the time to dive in and man do I suck at this game. Any tips for a new player?
I suck at defending, I seem to just end up approaching the player with the ball and just randomly pressing X hoping I get the ball back. Then when it comes to attacking I see the AI just walk in to the box and dance around my players yet as soon as I get close with the ball they just swarm me, playing on professional by the way.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Never really gotten in to Fifa before but decided this year was the time to dive in and man do I suck at this game. Any tips for a new player?
I suck at defending, I seem to just end up approaching the player with the ball and just randomly pressing X hoping I get the ball back. Then when it comes to attacking I see the AI just walk in to the box and dance around my players yet as soon as I get close with the ball they just swarm me, playing on professional by the way.

Search youtube. Also google a list of the skill moves and celebrations (taunting lol)

What system did you get it for?.

--fake edit: ps3 right?

nvm

If you are on PS3, you will use X to get close to the player but will need to use O to tackle. Play against the computer on Semi-Pro until you get the hang of it. Or play with some GAFfers, there should be plenty around here that play PS3.

Why doesn't this game have an online season... as in me and my friends take control of some premiere league teams and play through the schedule... like every other sports game on earth.

Otherwise this game is amazing.

kingslunk

Been playing against the ridiculous difficulty computer, getting way better at defending but scoring is very difficult for me :/

Wow, their weather and lighting is soooo bad in this game. I need to create a list of stadiums that I cannot see the ball in because they added shadows to the pitch. How is that a good idea!!! I can't see anything at old trafford because it is either blinding light in the center or black near the sidelines. Such a terrible fucking job of trying to recreate that. Poor poor job by EA.

Also, holy shit did Martin Tyler phone it in this year. Every single game I hear the exact same thing about how important the win is or I'll face relegation...even when I'm safe.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah it takes me so much build up to get ONE freaking goal and the computer comes back and scores like 3 iin 5 minutes. smh

The AI is fun tho

I don't have trouble scoring, been playing mostly UT and my defence isn't the strongest but I seem to get beaten by corners or goal kicks where my CB's just screw up and the striker is through.

Hieberrr

The loading when making a sub is driving me nuts, especially when the computer makes 3 separate subs 30 seconds apart. all the pauses fucking kills my momentum! I'm fairly certain fifa 12 was faster. That's my only gripe at the moment though.
This.

Is there any way to install this game on the PS3?

Robso

I'm finding professional too easy so I'm playing on World Class and struggling to defend. I concede a ridiculous amount of chances. The AI just passes around me. Any tips please?

Messi

Wow, their weather and lighting is soooo bad in this game. I need to create a list of stadiums that I cannot see the ball in because they added shadows to the pitch. How is that a good idea!!! I can't see anything at old trafford because it is either blinding light in the center or black near the sidelines. Such a terrible fucking job of trying to recreate that. Poor poor job by EA.

Also, holy shit did Martin Tyler phone it in this year. Every single game I hear the exact same thing about how important the win is or I'll face relegation...even when I'm safe.

They talk about Liverpool having a bad start to the season. I am in third.

Btw, wtf is up with Liverpools objectives. Win the FA Cup, Euro League and Domestic league. Wut?!?

JChalmers

Neo Member
Well I tried playing online on Sat night but kept on being kicked out, or it would stick to the Arena mode and not load anything up so I had to restart the game.

Tried Seasons and it wouldn't find an opponent either, not the greatest start to FIFA 13...

Was at the Mrs yesterday so didn't have a go, has there been a patch or fix on the servers do we know?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
id be interested to hear some ps3/xbox club users views of online clubs. Last night the pc team kind of came to a bit of a realisation, our pros do not do what we ask them very often but our pro stats are good. For example my ball control is 85 but i cant control the ball 70% of the time. I press to shoot and it shoots a second later or not at all. Now you may say this is lag, and it maybe, but i can move my player around fine, there is no skipping and its not just me its pretty much the whole team. Its becoming one of those things where i dont see "getting the pro better" being a solution, it just feels wrong.

dc89

Well I tried playing online on Sat night but kept on being kicked out, or it would stick to the Arena mode and not load anything up so I had to restart the game.

Tried Seasons and it wouldn't find an opponent either, not the greatest start to FIFA 13...

Was at the Mrs yesterday so didn't have a go, has there been a patch or fix on the servers do we know?

I had the same issue where you'd find an opponent, choose teams etc and then just get stuck in the practice arena.
Yesterday morning however I successfully played my first game of online! I guess it was just a heavy strain on the servers.

projectmayhem

Neo Member
I'm finding professional too easy so I'm playing on World Class and struggling to defend. I concede a ridiculous amount of chances. The AI just passes around me. Any tips please?

In the CPU options turn the acceleration down to 45. It's amazing what a difference it makes, I went from scoring 1 goal and conceding 4 to scoring 5 and conceding 0. I've turned the acceleration up to 49 and for me it's the right level of challenge. You can change it during a match too so it's easy enough to see what's best.

Robso

In the CPU options turn the acceleration down to 45. It's amazing what a difference it makes, I went from scoring 1 goal and conceding 4 to scoring 5 and conceding 0. I've turned the acceleration up to 49 and for me it's the right level of challenge. You can change it during a match too so it's easy enough to see what's best.

Thanks. I was hoping to try and master World Class without using the sliders but it appears that it's just too difficult. :(

Did the goal attempts at either end lower due to these changes? I'm finding it ridiculous how me and the CPU are having going on 40, if not more, chances per game.

The game speed doesn't help matters either.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So is there a handball option like in FIFA12? I don't see it anywhere in the options menus.

adelante

CM crashing? Is that so...

Good thing I'm too obssessed with Seasons to give that mode a try. Will wait for patch (sheesh what else is new)

Feature

Banned
I hope there will be a hack soon for the FIFA13 VP. Hate having to level him up. It's fucking stupid for people who don't have the time for that shit but still want to compete on a higher level in clubs. Also my VP has been injured 4 times in the last 2 matches... yes, I got injured twice in 1 game.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
id be interested to hear some ps3/xbox club users views of online clubs. Last night the pc team kind of came to a bit of a realisation, our pros do not do what we ask them very often but our pro stats are good. For example my ball control is 85 but i cant control the ball 70% of the time. I press to shoot and it shoots a second later or not at all. Now you may say this is lag, and it maybe, but i can move my player around fine, there is no skipping and its not just me its pretty much the whole team. Its becoming one of those things where i dont see "getting the pro better" being a solution, it just feels wrong.

We had the same issues to be honest. We were 3 people yesterday and in in many matches 2 of us had severe input lag for anything else than moving. Moving itself had a bit of input lag as well, but it was way more pronounced with anything else. Since this feels pretty different on my level 83 Online Pro (lag), compared to my Level 75 Offline Pro, I am pretty sure its server issues or lag due to the amount of players from all the world playing the game.

It was a bit better later in the night as well, I really bet on server issues.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I hope there will be a hack soon for the FIFA13 VP. Hate having to level him up. It's fucking stupid for people who don't have the time for that shit but still want to compete on a higher level in clubs. Also my VP has been injured 4 times in the last 2 matches... yes, I got injured twice in 1 game.

Well, the starting Pros can still very much be of use online. If you specialize the Pro in a certain area, (like a fast winger) they are still very capable.

Also, did you make a very fast/small player? That will drop down your strength and in turn also give you more injuries from tackles.

Need to start practising with manual controls (at least passing). Game feels so much more fluid and natural with that, but I suck big time.

Toma

Need to start practising with manual controls (at least passing). Game feels so much more fluid and natural with that, but I suck big time.

I usually have semi assisted passing (so that the direction isnt completely off), but manual through passes, which basically serve as manual passes if you need them.

Feature

Banned
Well, the starting Pros can still very much be of use online. If you specialize the Pro in a certain area, (like a fast winger) they are still very capable.

Also, did you make a very fast/small player? That will drop down your strength and in turn also give you more injuries from tackles.

They are now yes, but in a couple of months it's too hard to compete with 90 rated VPs with a 80 rated one. Especially in div 1.

And yes my vp is super small :p I shall change that a bit then.

projectmayhem

Neo Member
Did the goal attempts at either end lower due to these changes? I'm finding it ridiculous how me and the CPU are having going on 40, if not more, chances per game.

Yeah, I found it slightly easier to defend and easier to get past the opposition defence. At 48 I found it too easy to score, but at 49 I really have to work to get chances.

3Sixty

Online is such a fucking joke. Played about 1 game in the last 2 days inbewteen dropped connections, stuck on searching, hard locks. Fuck this game.

Keio

For a Finer World
First 19 online games in – 10-0-9 win ratio in Ultimate Team so far. It's brilliant. No dropped connections and only one quitter – one guy even persisted through a 11-0 thumping I delivered, so the DNF bonus really works. I feel bad for the spanking though, but I had just lost a tightly fought game due to my keeper mishandling a back pass (very realistic, I'm looking at you Valdes & the Copa).

All in all a small but good improvement on FIFA 12. Things like quick throw ins and freekicks now working well are important and nice. I find myself conceding less goals where I blame the game and not myself too. That doesn't mean I have stopped conceding, of course. The "finesse shot" has been toned down too, which makes containing easier.

Looking good so far. To illustrate how good it is: my phat Elite 120gb Xbox 360 died at 1600 on Sunday. By 1700 I had made it to Dixons and back with a new slim 250gb.

Toma

They are now yes, but in a couple of months it's too hard to compete with 90 rated VPs with a 80 rated one. Especially in div 1.

Well, you will already have a player that is at least 85-90 if you played to division 1 only from the achievements you got from playing all those games + the skill stats you can buy for FC points.

shoplifter

So is there a handball option like in FIFA12? I don't see it anywhere in the options menus.

Did they ever fix it so there isn't a handball penalty call nearly every match? It got to the point that I had to turn it off last year for this, and I never turned it back on.

Top Bottom