• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

FIWC is great because all teams are equal (everyone is still Barcelona though...)

Ea need to patch this loading screen issue though...fed up of restarting .

Is the ultimate edition worth it? I cannot make up my mind about it.

If you are planning on playing UT all year round then yes.

When will the web app begin working for me :( Also, not thrilled at the price fixing for formation and position changes.

I can get on but my FUT status been reset to this year.

Yes fixing has always been a problem, cam > cm cards are about 10k which is annoying when most of the best central mids in the russian league are cam's and I play 433.

robertoci

Hi all! Anyone want a head to head game? On ultimate team or normal? If i'm in the wrong thread direct me to the correct one, pm or reply to this and let me know!

If you are planning on playing UT all year round then yes.

I can get on but my FUT status been reset to this year.

Yes fixing has always been a problem, cam > cm cards are about 10k which is annoying when most of the best central mids in the russian league are cam's and I play 433.

That is my exact problem. I have Renato Augusto in a CM role as a CAM and I'd like to fix that. Plus I'll be picking up Javi Martinez and probably Diego soon who both need to get a CM position card applied.

That is my exact problem. I have Renato Augusto in a CM role as a CAM and I'd like to fix that. Plus I'll be picking up Javi Martinez and probably Diego soon who both need to get a CM position card applied.

Yeah that sucks I just had to go for it in the end and pay up, but luckily I got a few Friday night for 4k and even then I knew what was about to happen.

What do you guys recommend for obtaining gold players? Is it worth saving up for the 5000 and 7500 card packs? Or should I cherry pick players from the auction house for as cheap as possible?

What are the odds of picking up a Ronaldo or Messi from one of those packs? lol

Just tried my first semi-assisted online match, and it feels a lot more realistic and slower paced, which is really nice.

Much more emphasis on the midfield using those controls.

I'm reading the EA forums and trying not to laugh at how angry a lot of the players are about first touch or game speed, it feels fine to me - especially when I switched to semi.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What do you guys recommend for obtaining gold players? Is it worth saving up for the 5000 and 7500 card packs? Or should I cherry pick players from the auction house for as cheap as possible?

Probably best to start of with cheap gold players from the AH first.

Cherry pick. Don't waste time with packs unless you want to spend some actual money. You can build decent gold squads pretty cheaply.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
First touch is laughable at the moment. As the pro club calls it: "First pass".

Its really weird that everyone struggles to first touch a ball, but everyone can play one touch passes all the time. There should be a bonus for passing accuracy if you keep the ball for a second on a low level player.

Yep decide what type if squad to build and formation and start looking at players depending on budget.

Find a player you like then get a feel for the price and then shark on the 59th or get lucky with a cheeky bid.

I get lucky with packs with coins or msp so I'm happy to just work upto 7.5k and see what happens, if I get a crap pack I just build again.

When it comes to playing online on PC, this is the most frustrating PC release i have been a part of. Yes, i was there when World of Warcraft first launched and yes, i was hammering those queues in Diablo3 a few months ago. This actually makes you belive that it works by putting you in that fucking training ground only to have to alt-f4 1 minute later. And do it all over again. Fuck you EA.

W Hudson

Is there a first touch control/move list or anything? I was playing yesterday and was just flicking the right stick in different directions as the ball was coming to me and actually pulled off some pretty cool juggling-type moves by accident.

So I just got my copy of FIFA 13 PS3 from GameStop for 5€ by trading in FIFA Street and BlackOps and the first thing I noticed, has EA removed the feature to change the training arena? :(

adelante

Is there a first touch control/move list or anything? I was playing yesterday and was just flicking the right stick in different directions as the ball was coming to me and actually pulled off some pretty cool juggling-type moves by accident.

Nah those are all contextual.. if the ball is midair, and you push the right stick, he'll flick it and how he does it depends on the player, ball position, etc

Its really weird that everyone struggles to first touch a ball, but everyone can play one touch passes all the time. There should be a bonus for passing accuracy if you keep the ball for a second on a low level player.
FIFA 14

Yeah it's still easy to ping pong your way out of the bad first touch.

LegoArmo

Aye, seems perfectly fine for me, playing as Celtic, so not exactly the most top class players in the game. All low 70s overall.

So since online is broken i decided to try some ultimate team instead. Am i missing something or is there no way to adjust difficulty here? No way this is on world class, won first game 6-0.

If i don't want to play be a pro this is this the main single player experience? I haven't played a FIFA game in 10 years. There is no way to play a team in like seasons, taking it from league two up to the premiership without having to play the manager gamemode?

Just picked up my copy and since they've removed the Player / Manager mode, two quick questions:

How quickly do you get recalled from being loaned out assuming your player is playing well on loan, anyone have an estimate?

If you play manager mode can you sign your created pro and still build up his stats with accomplishments?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
How do you guys find motivation to play anything other than seasons h2h? I just can't bother with anything else.

*h2hing*

h2h is just too intense and some times I just want to chill so I mess around with UT. I am addicted to browsing the auctions and selling/buying players.

Toma

lol. I find both two intense and it sucks because I can't do career mode because playing against the CPU is dreadful.

Yeah, I can do rather fine against human opponents but completely suck against the AI. Cant even beat professional this year.

LegoArmo

I was beating a guy 2-0 in "Seasons" earlier, and he paused the game and quit in the 80th minute, but I didn't get the win. Didn't get a loss either, thought that was weird.

Then the game after that, I'm playing a guy, it's 0-0 and the connection is lost around the 20th minute, and I get the 3 points.

Weird system.

I was beating a guy 2-0 in "Seasons" earlier, and he paused the game and quit in the 80th minute, but I didn't get the win. Didn't get a loss either, thought that was weird.

Then the game after that, I'm playing a guy, it's 0-0 and the connection is lost around the 20th minute, and I get the 3 points.

Weird system.

Maybe the 3 points were from the first game, and just a little delayed.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol. I find both two intense and it sucks because I can't do career mode because playing against the CPU is dreadful.

I have it on legendary and the cpu absolutely murders me in cold blood. lol even with barca I may muster up a couple of goals but the cpu doesn't choke on 1v1s

dat valdes

LegoArmo

Maybe the 3 points were from the first game, and just a little delayed.

Do you get a lot of guys using stalling tactics, watching every replay 3 times over, pausing for the full time and no changes being made, not skipping the highlights at half time and stuff?

Are they just trying to get me to quit?

I have it on legendary and the cpu absolutely murders me in cold blood. lol even with barca I may muster up a couple of goals but the cpu doesn't choke on 1v1s

dat valdes

I meant that it isn't fun to play against. IDK, maybe I need to spend more time playing the CPU.

Do you get a lot of guys using stalling tactics, watching every replay 3 times over, pausing for the full time and no changes being made, not skipping the highlights at half time and stuff?

Yes...I either get that. Or Javier Hernandez up front and a super defensive setup and through balls over the top. Things never change.

Gonna start building up coins now rather than buying packs and selling content, got my team so just gonna play my games and spend my coins when a new IF comes out.

I have season ticket so I'll get the odd free pack.

Gonna start building up coins now rather than buying packs and selling content, got my team so just gonna play my games and spend my coins when a new IF comes out.

I have season ticket so I'll get the odd free pack.

Yea. I'm about at that point too. I have a serious tinkering problem though so it will be difficult to do :D I need to get Javi Martinez in there, Faran up to my RW, and Elia as my backup LW. Gotze and Diego would be nice additions too :D

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I meant that it isn't fun to play against. IDK, maybe I need to spend more time playing the CPU.

Yes...I either get that. Or Javier Hernandez up front and a super defensive setup and through balls over the top. Things never change.

The 3 pauses in a row kind of drives me nuts but I'm patient. I usually don't make them watch the replay but if they've been doing it and I score the game winner i'm going to do that ridiculous bird dance celebration and enjoy that replay while I sip my beer.

---I just play online I don't play the cpu in UT. My record is awful but it's kind of fun. I only look at my record in h2h which is not that great right now since the game is a big change over last year.

my formation from last year is actually shitty on 13 so I'm using default formations

My record in UT is something like 30-2-14 and I'm in Div 2. I'm sure it will creep straight down to .500 pretty soon.

My H2H Seasons is 2-1-0 I believe.

LegoArmo

5-1-1 in Seasons for me, all as Celtic, and the loss was only 1-0. I assume it's because you start in the lower divisions so you're playing easier opposition.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
damn that UT record is good. I guess it's because I only use gold players that I face these ridiculously good teams?

Shit, just got locked out of the UT team web app. I thought I remembered my account hint but guess not. damn

--I was level 20 from FIFA last year (didnt touch UT) and it transferred over. I think I'm 5-1-3. 2 of the 3 losses were with Colombia though and our players our nerfed. falcao at 89 and james at 82 is a joke.

I did beat some dude with belgium and the rest of the wins are with barca lol

damn that UT record is good. I guess it's because I only use gold players that I face these ridiculously good teams?

Shit, just got locked out of the UT team web app. I thought I remembered my account hint but guess not. damn

--I was level 20 from FIFA last year (didnt touch UT) and it transferred over. I think I'm 5-1-3. 2 of the 3 losses were with Colombia though and our players our nerfed. falcao at 89 and james at 82 is a joke.

I did beat some dude with belgium and the rest of the wins are with barca lol

Not to brag, but a lot of those wins came against Gold teams playing as Team Franzia. I was pretty stoked. But, the only people who have teams with the top players and stuck in Div 5 are kids with mommy's credit card, so it isn't like I was playing strong opposition. Still felt good to score with Ketkeophomphone.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Why do the controls feel so different in UT online compared to H2H ranked?

It's like I'm playing a different game even with a lower rated team in H2H

Is it my chemistry? tactics? formations?

JLG-

ugh i hate those guys that just have to watch every single replay/cut scene. The part that just drives me up the wall is when they just have to watch the replays of their goddamn misses. I mean seriously. You missed bro. No need to rewatch that shit.

Top Bottom