• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Have been desperate to start a Career Mode except, I just can't beat the CPU. Have been playing just exhibition mode to warm up for a Career but the CPU is just too good. It barely makes a bad pass.
Playing on World Class as I don't find Professional a good enough challenge.

So, any tips? Any slider changes? Have tried changing the slider settings but I still get outplayed.

Same, some great slider tips would be great to play a game that is not only challenging, but fair as well as feeling like real football.

The stuttering just started happening again for me in Fifa13 - used to happen in 10 and 11 for me as well. Starts with the crowd chants and eventually the game play stutters intermittent for about a minute and then seems to clear up. The crowd chants continue to stutter though

I had issues with FIFA 11 as well as FIFA 12, both on PS3.
(I say this cause my son plays on 360 and never had any issues.)

Both games I had the same audio problems; popping, stuttering, as well as sometims losing all commentary.

The BIG issue I had with both games tho was inability for them to get past the intro load screen.
After sometime both 11 & 12 would fail to get past the intro/load screen. Both games had zero defects (scratches etc..) but would only work after repeatedly removing the disc and inserting it. I went as far as deleting all the saves/loads off the HDD but it didnt help.

Both games only worked perfectly once I bit the bullet and purchased new copies (even for a time trying to convince my wife to purchase me a new copy...again..I rented a copy from the library..that worked fine!) It was like clockwork, they would work 100% (aside from the audio issues) but after 6-8 months would start to fail to load.
The last thing I could think it might have been maybe was "over use"? Being the only game I play every day had me thinking maybe the disc was "warping" under constant heat from being played? A long shot Im sure but I just couldnt understand why this would happen. Like I said, both were almost 100% in condition (being on BR as well as almost never leaving the PS3) But, like I said being the only game I really own/play, they would see mutiple hours per day on use.

I blame EA :) Ive always had issues with thier sports games. Years ago I had mutiple Madden disc just "die". They too would just stop working on my PS2, I would have to do the same procedure in removing disc and re-inserting it, those too didnt leave the disc tray and were also in perfect condition. Aside from being used mutiple hours per-day they saw no out-side the console abuse.

KB24

I'm struggling to enjoy Ultimate Team in FIFA 13. It seems as if I just can't catch a break some games, with everything seeming to go in favor of my opponent. Recently tried Seasons and have been having a blast. Anyone else struggling with Ultimate Team/have any tips?

pappe

I suck at FUT as well. I always always always get caught out on the counter attack i dont even understand how. My goalkeeper will take a long goalkick it goes straight to the opponents head who head it forwards towards my goal and 90 times out of 100 he will find his teammate who will b right in the middle of my 2 defenders and will just run through be 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper and 99 times out of 100 score. This is a routine in each and every game no matter how hard i take the goal kick.

I suck at FUT as well. I always always always get caught out on the counter attack i dont even understand how. My goalkeeper will take a long goalkick it goes straight to the opponents head who head it forwards towards my goal and 90 times out of 100 he will find his teammate who will b right in the middle of my 2 defenders and will just run through be 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper and 99 times out of 100 score. This is a routine in each and every game no matter how hard i take the goal kick.

On goal kicks you shouldn't punt the ball to your strikers, unless you've got Falcao or Remy and even then they might not win the header. People doing that is an easy source of possesion/goals.

The best thing I've found is to do is a lobbed pass to one of my defenders. You have 3 options and only one can be covered and if you do get intercepted the fact its a lobbed pass means its more difficult to control - that's why short ground passes are a bad idea. Also since its in the air you can head it straight back to the keeper giving you time to make a more precise pass.

In terms of counter-attacks you could either switch to defensive if they are the sort of player who does chipped through balls to Welliton/Muriel all the time or you could sign a more defensive full back/midfielder by looking at their work-rates. E.g. Sagna with Medium/High workrates will stay back much more than Dani Alves who has high/low workrates who will often stay forward leaving you open to counter-attacks. Pacier defenders and using a formation with CDM's is also useful to stopping counter-attacks.

pappe

On goal kicks you shouldn't punt the ball to your strikers, unless you've got Falcao or Remy and even then they might not win the header. People doing that is an easy source of possesion/goals.

The best thing I've found is to do is a lobbed pass to one of my defenders. You have 3 options and only one can be covered and if you do get intercepted the fact its a lobbed pass means its more difficult to control - that's why short ground passes are a bad idea. Also since its in the air you can head it straight back to the keeper giving you time to make a more precise pass.

In terms of counter-attacks you could either switch to defensive if they are the sort of player who does chipped through balls to Welliton/Muriel all the time or you could sign a more defensive full back/midfielder by looking at their work-rates. E.g. Sagna with Medium/High workrates will stay back much more than Dani Alves who has high/low workrates who will often stay forward leaving you open to counter-attacks. Pacier defenders and using a formation with CDM's is also useful to stopping counter-attacks.

Thanks will make some changes n see how it goes. How do u find workrates for each player?

enderep12

Neo Member
Just had the hardest case of Momentum EVER.

I played a great game for the Movember Cup @ Ultimate Team... Close Call, got to penalties and won those.

Suddenly game crashed after winning (I even got the coins) - restarted and win didn't count (as I said, coins were there!)

So yeah, back to first game of the cup... Got some random dude, not really a good team... Fires 2 shots, 2 goals... I come back to 2-2, suddenly NOTHING works, my defenders are standing around doing nothing, my strikers miss EVERY ball... Every ball I take from him bounces right back to one of his players... I'm just not able to get the ball out of the box...

Game ended 8-2 - his strategy: Longshot from center-circle, my goalie deflects the ball (some of them balls even my grandma could've catched...), his striker runs up to the ball (defense? where are you?), shoots, goal. 6 times!

Changed formation, changed strategy... Nothing worked... I'm still pissed right now

2 games in a row I lose a +2 goal lead in the final 20'...

Up 3-1 at the half, suddenly my keeper has the skill of deflecting every shot into to my opponent or worse yet my defenders backs...which roll into my goal.
Next game up 2-0 at the half, my keeper decideds he cant stop any shot outside the 18. Three soft shots from distance just trickle by him :/

I really need a keeper who I can count on, Weiss has been my top guy since my main team is Bundesliga but I think its time to save up and try for someone top class.

enderep12

Neo Member
2 games in a row I lose a +2 goal lead in the final 20'...

Up 3-1 at the half, suddenly my keeper has the skill of deflecting every shot into to my opponent or worse yet my defenders backs...which roll into my goal.
Next game up 2-0 at the half, my keeper decideds he cant stop any shot outside the 18. Three soft shots from distance just trickle by him :/

I really need a keeper who I can count on, Weiss has been my top guy since my main team is Bundesliga but I think its time to save up and try for someone top class.

I'm using Wiese at the moment... Pretty decent (and on PC quite cheap), but can't catch shit... Deflects every damn ball... Probably trying out Weidenfeller soon, we'll see...

My team atm:
http://www.ea.com/de/fussball/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#ik4QyyRMnIcdx:pc

Occassionally switching Kuba (Blaszczykowski) with Farfan, Lewandowski with Huntelaar and Mario Götze with Thomas Müller

(oh, Lahm also got a Red card for jogging back from the middle... seriously.. That fucked up game I mentioned above. Suddenly I hear a whistle, I think: wtf?!, Ref runs to Lahm -> Red (UBERWTF??), Replay (I thought: okay, now I'm gonna see what I did wrong): Lahm jogging back to his position from the center circle.)

So sad it's funny... Those moments you wish you had Fraps running...

I'm using Wiese at the moment... Pretty decent (and on PC quite cheap), but can't catch shit... Deflects every damn ball... Probably trying out Weidenfeller soon, we'll see...

My team atm:
http://www.ea.com/de/fussball/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#ik4QyyRMnIcdx:pc

Occassionally switching Kuba (Blaszczykowski) with Farfan, Lewandowski with Huntelaar and Mario Götze with Thomas Müller

(oh, Lahm also got a Red card for jogging back from the middle... seriously.. That fucked up game I mentioned above. Suddenly I hear a whistle, I think: wtf?!, Ref runs to Lahm -> Red (UBERWTF??), Replay (I thought: okay, now I'm gonna see what I did wrong): Lahm jogging back to his position from the center circle.)

So sad it's funny... Those moments you wish you had Fraps running...

Weiss has let up so many deflect goals I wanna kill him...

Speaking of cards, I know all about it.

I got a yellow for, what I guess, kicking a defender while going for a cross.
Only thing I saw in the replay that would warrant a card. I was flying down the edge of the box, kicked the ball and my leg struck his legs and he fell...game never ceases to amaze me.

What console do you guys play on?

I dont have much hope in winning against anyone but would really like a chance to play people who could offer tips/criticism to help me play better.

Anyone have a win basically disappear? I finished the game went back to the menu and had the points for it then the next time I loaded up it was gone.

Also, if anyone is on 360 I will play some UT. Gamertag is exactly the same as GAF username.

brentech

What console do you guys play on?

I dont have much hope in winning against anyone but would really like a chance to play people who could offer tips/criticism to help me play better.

Yeah, the few games I've played in FUT online or just seasons online.....I usually get spanked.

A game like Madden, I can easily see the exploits people get away with and shut them down....that just doesn't happen for me in Fifa. I can usually see what their doing, but then I'm unable to make any adjustment and solve the problem. It gets a little frustrating.

When I just play the cpu, It looks like a real, legit game of soccer being played.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah, the few games I've played in FUT online or just seasons online.....I usually get spanked.

A game like Madden, I can easily see the exploits people get away with and shut them down....that just doesn't happen for me in Fifa. I can usually see what their doing, but then I'm unable to make any adjustment and solve the problem. It gets a little frustrating.

When I just play the cpu, It looks like a real, legit game of soccer being played.

I can't defend to save my life, lol

I also take too long with the ball and can't get off a shot!

I can't defend to save my life, lol

I also take too long with the ball and can't get off a shot!

I have the same problem with taking to much time with the ball. I regularly have high possesion and pass % but get tackled 2 to 3my times as much.

I dont think my D is that bad tho, I NEVER switch to a CB, unless its a final option. I try my hardest to always switch to my DM and play him exclusively while using the L1 to get my defender to pressure. You cant just hold it down tho or it will leave openings, so Ill tap it as my AI defender approaches the player. Oddly enough my opponents seems to be able to spam L1 on me and Ill be triple teamed yet I can never find that open man they seem to find when I do the same thing :/

Id say 99% of the goals I concede are me being auto switched since I have auto in the air on. Ill be playing as a DM or forward, then bam Im a CB and I go the wrong way/stop sprinting.
I'll go as far as using my forwards as defenders and allowing the AI to do all the defensive work while I tap L1 from time to time.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I have the same problem with taking to much time with the ball. I regularly have high possesion and pass % but get tackled 2 to 3my times as much.

I dont think my D is that bad tho, I NEVER switch to a CB, unless its a final option. I try my hardest to always switch to my DM and play him exclusively while using the L1 to get my defender to pressure. You cant just hold it down tho or it will leave openings, so Ill tap it as my AI defender approaches the player. Oddly enough my opponents seems to be able to spam L1 on me and Ill be triple teamed yet I can never find that open man they seem to find when I do the same thing :/

Id say 99% of the goals I concede are me being auto switched since I have auto in the air on. Ill be playing as a DM or forward, then bam Im a CB and I go the wrong way/stop sprinting.
I'll go as far as using my forwards as defenders and allowing the AI to do all the defensive work while I tap L1 from time to time.

I defend manually maybe that's why I get owned so much. It's a bad habit I've done it since FIFA came out on the genesis

lol

Well Im always up for a friendly on PS3 (at work tho currently)
Same name as my forum name, PKM. I have a couple from the PS3 club on my list currently but welcome anyone who might wanna play. Got quite a few random request so please say Gaf in your request so I know.

I have a 360 and FIFA for it, but havent openes it yet :/
Won the 360 a few months ago from the MLS as a "Super Fan" but havent used it much. Thought buying FIFA would do the trick but starting over on my VP as well as FUT made me cringe so I left it wrapped.
I still have the free XBL name even, think its BasidalWalnut or some shit lol

brentech

I defend manually as well. One of my big issues is that everyone I play seems to always have sprint button on lockdown (constant cpu sprint pressure)....while I don't hold it if I'm using L1 to help pressure, or even all the time if I have the ball. I use it as needed, and apparently that's bad online play.

Was a good night to buy a few packs :)

JO8DG.png

My go to team has pretty much become..
akGLA.png

I'm struggling to enjoy Ultimate Team in FIFA 13. It seems as if I just can't catch a break some games, with everything seeming to go in favor of my opponent. Recently tried Seasons and have been having a blast. Anyone else struggling with Ultimate Team/have any tips?

I'm not struggling but I have a feeling the game makes my team "unstable" on purpose. In one game the defense is superb, the other the same players (with same/similar morale and fitness levels) start making "stupid" mistakes and the attackers pass through the defense way too easy.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Playing UT, the impression I get is defending yourself gets you only so far. The difference between success and victory for me is how much AI assist you get or don't get.

Sometimes I find my AI does all my defending for me, opponent passes to the striker and my defenders are on him or intercept right away, when they stick a leg out they do it at the right time without much involvement from me whatsoever.

Usually when I lose my opponent has this kind of advantage. I can be tackled or intercepted before the ball is even in the centre of the screen so there's no way my opponent did it himself.

Other times your guys will actually deliberately run the wrong way, the AI chooses the wrong player for you just at the crucial time, your guy misses a simple ball or some other crazy shit.

In both situations you can be doing the same thing and it actually has very little influence on the outcome of the game. Defend manually or use A or whatever, for me feels like that only gets you to 80% if you do everything right, the rest of it is luck. I actually find even touching A now is almost like a kiss of death because as soon as I press A my defender squares up to the guy on the ball and gets out of the way, giving him a clear shot/run on goal - this does not happen in FIFA 12 and I don't have that problem in other modes.

Now when I play UT it feels like buying a scratchcard, you're just signing up for a lottery and you may get lucky or you get get screwed. Very rarely do I ever feel like it was a fair competition between two teams.

Also I've started getting worried when I face a team full of 75s and more confident against a team that has a higher rating than mine because it feels like the lower rated team gets more 'help' from the AI.

My new conspiracy theory is this is how they manage the divisions. When matchmaking you might get matched with someone from division 5 while you're in div 1 and he'll get some kind of boost to make it easier for him to progress whilst you get a disadvantage since you're in a harder league.

My next step is to create a team full of 75s to test this theory. Or work on getting to div 1 in Seasons to see if I start getting similar problems against better players.

Mascot

Jesus, before the game even kicks off EA should just look to see who has the best connection and award them the win. It would save twenty minutes of fucking around, waiting for the inevitable.

You don't play football - you play FIFA.

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN pass inside score.

Haven't touched this months, and have no desire to return to it. Well played EA you've got your money, but you'll be hard pressed to get another £40 from me with FIFA14.

Well, the Career mode crash is most definitely only fixable with a patch, cause I've tried everything :(

FFFFuck you EA.

They wont fix this shit cause it doesn't generate revenue like UT does. I'm really fuming because when I called customer support they started spewing bullshit about it being a connection issue, a bad game install and other stuff.

Like I didn't already try all that.

The game is broken, and nobody will talk about it, nobody will report it, and nobody will bother to fix it.

Well, the Career mode crash is most definitely only fixable with a patch, cause I've tried everything :(

FFFFuck you EA.

They wont fix this shit cause it doesn't generate revenue like UT does. I'm really fuming because when I called customer support they started spewing bullshit about it being a connection issue, a bad game install and other stuff.

Like I didn't already try all that.

The game is broken, and nobody will talk about it, nobody will report it, and nobody will bother to fix it.

What issue is this? I'm in my second season with career mode and have experienced no crashes.

What issue is this? I'm in my second season with career mode and have experienced no crashes.

It's a game breaking crash that happens randomly while starting a new season in career mode.

Could happen while loading your second, third, fourth or whatever season you've gotten to. The loading bar makes it to about 75% then just stops, and the game completely freezes.

Based on collected reports , the season the crash happens at is completely random. Just a matter of luck Once it happens, you're done.

Fresh saves
going offline
reinstalling the game

Nothing works. Since this game keeps a unique pro for each mode, the pro from that save is done.

This ain't like the menu freezes from previous years that can be solved by a simple reset. This is much worse

Oh, and this isn't platform exclusive based on the reports around the net. EA has completely ignored the thread about this issue in their forums.

What if I go back to an older save. Does the crash just keep happening at the same point?

THAT I'm 50/50 on. I've read conflicting reports on it.

For example, once person did exactly that; crashed as he was loading the season, so he went back to a save 3 games back, and purposefully did things different (avoided making transfer offers...etc).

When he made it to the save spot, it still crashed.

Some have been saying it worked for them though. My older save was 1 game back; tried and still crashes.

Linius

FIFA is making me very angry tonight. Somehow I can't get around finishing my chances so I've lost some stupid games. And then I finally get a good result (3-0 win) so I decide to play on. Then in the next match in the middle of my attack the connection went down and I got a loss from EA. I didn't quit and my internet was still online. I'm still connected to the EA servers as well. What is this bullshit?

dalVlatko

Just won the division 1 title for the first time after not playing in over a month and in a free pack got modric and 4k coins.

Most fun I've had playing fifa all year.

I sold my Bundesliga team and made a cheap brazilian team that has been dominating people. Don't know if I'm just getting lucky match ups or what but I only lost a couple of games going from 0-0-4 in division 2 to division 1 title.

Linius

Nice going there :p

I need three points to stay in division five. With three games left I still can get a promotion, but I have to win all three to do that. Hopefully my luck has turned today :p

edit: got three points from the first match. Then a draw so I remained in division five for next season.

My best advice, and the hardest to accept is when you are doing poorly, and getting frustrated, put the game down. Watch a tv episode or something then return. Helps get my form to return immensely.

Linius

My best advice, and the hardest to accept is when you are doing poorly, and getting frustrated, put the game down. Watch a tv episode or something then return. Helps get my form to return immensely.

I try to do that. Especially when I have like three matches in a row with plenty of chances but I can't seem to finish them. When that happens I know it's gonna be a bad day so I stop :p

Top Bottom