• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Linius

I hate these random goals where you kick the ball in to the game with your keeper and your opponent manages to head that ball back in your direction precisely in his forwards feet who's accidently completely free to walk towards your goal and finish it.

sneaky77

I hate these random goals where you kick the ball in to the game with your keeper and your opponent manages to head that ball back in your direction precisely in his forwards feet who's accidently completely free to walk towards your goal and finish it.

yeah that happened last yr too... weird how the defense is nowhere to be found on those.

Funny. I didn't have that problem until I got to Division 3 and now that's how I concede a majority of my goals.

Oh well, my second stint in Div3 so far has been slightly more successful. 7 points in 4 games (eww). Assuming I win my next game, I should be on pace for promotion.

I score a lot of goals because of people doing that.

Just lob it to your full back or a centre back depending on who's available.

Mascot

Yeah, this happens far more often than it should (a bit like goals from corners where your defenders do NOTHING). To avoid it, make the goalkeeper kick out to the wings.

Well, my biggest problem is that it is usually a CDM or Defender at the half line who heads it to the unmarked striker. I should be able to punt the ball to my tall, strong forward Christian Benteke who wins everything in the air, but the ball doesn't get there. Any more power and Guzan soars it over everyone's head.

Linius

Well, my biggest problem is that it is usually a CDM or Defender at the half line who heads it to the unmarked striker. I should be able to punt the ball to my tall, strong forward Christian Benteke who wins everything in the air, but the ball doesn't get there. Any more power and Guzan soars it over everyone's head.

Exactly this. I play with Doumbia but it's so damn hard to reach him. If the ball gets there I win of course.

Yeah I NEVER kick down the middle anymore. The striker getting it at his feet and splitting the CB's is one of the many broken aspects of the game.

If I have to kick it Ill keep it on the ground to a winger (depending on if my opponent isnt a speedy forward looking for a chance to nab it) or in the air. 99.9% of the time I opt to long throw and play it from the back.
Its almost a tell tale sign if your opponent has a grasp of the mutiplayer if they constantly long kick it since winning a ball your keeper kicked is rare.
Guy I played last night, 2nd div, every kick was long down the middle. I knock it back (catch a few offsides) and try a shot/earn a corner. Posession was like 80-20 and shots like 25-3the in the first half cause he just wouldnt play it short.

On topic of clubs tho...selling EVERYONE. My Bundesliga squad (Nuer, Gomez, Lewandowski etc..) My Serie A squad (Pirlo, Ogbonna, Pato etc..)
Supposedly market is gonna crash anyways plus Im done playing my teams vs. the same old generic 3-5-2 Pace squads.
So now all I have is my USA team, MLS stars, MLS Silvers and bronzes...and 600kthe in coins :)

Right now my go to is

Zakuani-Johnson-Kamara
Juniho-Beckerman-Zusi
Benitiez-Wynn-Olave-Franklin
Gspurning

All silver MLS

Yeah I NEVER kick down the middle anymore. The striker getting it at his feet and splitting the CB's is one of the many broken aspects of the game.

If I have to kick it Ill keep it on the ground to a winger (depending on if my opponent isnt a speedy forward looking for a chance to nab it) or in the air. 99.9% of the time I opt to long throw and play it from the back.
Its almost a tell tale sign if your opponent has a grasp of the mutiplayer if they constantly long kick it since winning a ball your keeper kicked is rare.
Guy I played last night, 2nd div, every kick was long down the middle. I knock it back (catch a few offsides) and try a shot/earn a corner. Posession was like 80-20 and shots like 25-3the in the first half cause he just wouldnt play it short.

On topic of clubs tho...selling EVERYONE. My Bundesliga squad (Nuer, Gomez, Lewandowski etc..) My Serie A squad (Pirlo, Ogbonna, Pato etc..)
Supposedly market is gonna crash anyways plus Im done playing my teams vs. the same old generic 3-5-2 Pace squads.
So now all I have is my USA team, MLS stars, MLS Silvers and bronzes...and 600kthe in coins :)

Right now my go to is

Zakuani-Johnson-Kamara
Juniho-Beckerman-Zusi
Benitiez-Wynn-Olave-Franklin
Gspurning

All silver MLS

I'm going to sell my entire team here soon as well and make a fun squad to play with. Thinking of building a silver squad around Benteke, although I made a fun hybrid squad around Honda, Khedira, and M'Vila earlier today I might try, however the weakness of that squad is Kagawa at ST.

sneaky77

I just played someone with 5 deep defenders and 2 deep cm players.. blah.. how can it be the same issues every yr, hopefully a new engine will bring some fixes

Bryan1321

Banned
As some might know, this year FIFA debuted spanish Narrations from part of ESPN (Kempes, Palomo and Procuna)

Anyway this is kind of a big deal on Latin America

Just to let you know guys, the WII-U version doesnt have latin narrations so were stuck with spanish (castellan form spain) narrations

This is a letdown from part of EA

I just played someone with 5 deep defenders and 2 deep cm players.. blah.. how can it be the same issues every yr, hopefully a new engine will bring some fixes

Yep, everyone is playing 3-5-2 now.
3 speedy CB (alot of Chellini and Ogbonna) also.
Pretty much 8 defenders and to pacey forwards.
They go into ultra def....good luck scoring!

Pretty much saw this in club games too. 5 or more at the back, through lobs all day.

Anyone also hear why FUT was down? I heard some norwiegians, who have been dubbed the robinhood hackers, flooded the market with 100mil coins on trades.

Mascot

I haven't played ANY ranked matches (or whatever they are called this year) in FIFA 13. The frustrations of fighting against input lag, opponents who spam lofted through balls (and other exploits) and ALWAYS conceding in the 45th/90th minute (no scripting! LOL!) is bad enough when the game doesn't count for anything. I would literally rage myself to death if these games were on my permanent record.

Well, be prepared to be pissed off for awhile:

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/0/2118131.page
While we work to resolve an issue we've temporarily disabled FIFA 13: Ultimate Team. This is to ensure that an optimal experience can be sustained in the future. FUT13 online gameplay, trading, store purchasing, the Web App, and the mobile companion app will be unavailable during this time.

We'll keep you updated as soon as we have additional information throughout the coming days. Other FIFA 13 online game modes will not be affected.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Well, be prepared to be pissed off for awhile:

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/0/2118131.page

I went to playing Seasons, havent touched it in a while (was 3-0 woot lol)

Dropped 2 games from the start, made me pick 5 star teams or I couldnt find an opponent...sadly I picked the "wrong" 5 stars and got pitted against Barca and Real both games :/

Figured I'd try 4 stars, little slower finding an opponent but me and team USA are on a 10 game win streak against other mid-level internationals and South American teams. I must have played Santo's 5 times already :)

Under-5 star season is 100X better then FUT by far. You can play some what real football lol.

Promotion from Division 4 to Division 3 was like jumping off a mile high cliff.

EDIT: It is one of those nights where nothing goes right. I'm so sick of this game.

I just lost three in a row and got relegated. haha. I guess 8-0-2 or 7-0-3 is the only way to play in the higher leagues. That's real skill.

EDIT: OMG, Div4 is a cake walk.

Linius

I got relegated in division three too. But after a round of division four I'm back again :p

Too bad I missed the title at one point, had 18 points in division four.

Linius

You guys playing seasons or FUT?

I cant for the life of me find season games that arent 5 stars :/

I'm not having any trouble at all. Allways playing with CSKA (four stars) and matchmaking goes very smooth. Is your NAT open?

You guys playing seasons or FUT?

I cant for the life of me find season games that arent 5 stars :/

No problems here.

I'm playing as LA Galaxy for some reason (3* team) and having no issue finding games.

Understandably, it can take a bit longer though.

Looks like Colombia has been updated :)

I noticed, finally got a 4* game last night...against them :)

Good game, USA vs. Columbia, ended in a 2-2 tie. Falcao knocked in a beauty of a headed to take the lead then I knocked one in with Eddie Johnson to tie it back up. Good game.

I think my problem is my NAT goes from Mod. to Open depending on if any other devices are connected to the web through my router. I tried setting my Ps3 up in DMZ mode but it reverts if I have more then one object online.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I noticed, finally got a 4* game last night...against them :)

Good game, USA vs. Columbia, ended in a 2-3 tie. Falcao knocked in a beauty of a headed to take the lead then I knocked one in with Eddie Johnson to tie it back up. Good game.

I think my problem is my NAT goes from Mod. to Open depending on if any other devices are connected to the web through my router. I tried setting my Ps3 up in DMZ mode but it reverts if I have more then one object online.

why.jpg

It's awesome. I have Valdes and Yepes at CB and Teo Gutierrez up front now too.

-Stranger-

I'm starting to improve now, i finally made it to division 9 lol.
I'm scoring between 2-4 goals nearly every game now.
The formation I'm using is working well for me. (Arsenal)

Just started playing seasons on PC and am beasting haha. Love Chelsea in this game! Hated playing as them last year :lol

G09FL.jpg

Fistwell

Yeah, their monkeys are working on it. Fucking muppets. They're throwing a cple of messis our way to try to assuage the pitchfork wielding crowd.

2:1 win in the 90th minute, game ends, opponent disconnects, pos-game determines results, and no points in seasons. I don't even know why I give this POS turd any chances anymore.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I was playing a game and was pressing A to clear the ball and it passed the ball to the other team's striker.

Maybe my controller is too old although it is one of those transformer d pad 360 controllers and I got it last year.

Maybe you've been playing with just one defender and everyone else is miles away, because A has always been pass. Use B or use a well directed long X.

I just lost three in a row and got relegated. haha. I guess 8-0-2 or 7-0-3 is the only way to play in the higher leagues. That's real skill.

EDIT: OMG, Div4 is a cake walk.

Maybe it depends on the star rating of your team. I'm in division two and play with PSV (4 star) with a standard 4-2-3-1 formation and standard tactics. I mostly play against teams like Ajax, Saint-Etienne, Everton, Sunderland etc. and nobody is playing 8-0-2 or whatever...

Top Bottom