• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Mascot

I think Im done playing random people online.

Like, everything that is bad about the game is exacerbated to the nth degree, and every single person Ive played with so far has been a dick

The following all happened in different matches, and Im sure Im not the only one whos experienced these:

-Opponent rage quits when you get ahead
-dude puts his character next to my goalie, so when I kicked the ball its bounced off of him and into the net. Made me watch the replay
-the other guy has auto shooting, so every shot he takes goes in
-opponent is winning by 2 at the 70th minute, decides to stop playing and pass the ball between defenders and goalie. The AI in my team never recognizes this, so all my players are in my half of the field. Cant do anything about it
-you shoot 10 times, score nothing, other guy scores 3 goals in 3 shots, all the goals are the same
-45th or 90th minute = goal I actually tied a game I was losing 2-0 on the 90th minute, only to have the guy I was playing against score again right away, also in the 90th minute
-They wont let you make a short pass with the goalie because theyre always harrassing the defense
-All the inherently wrong things with the game such as crazy speed, horrible first touch , 30 breakaways per game, stupid goalies that only save certain shots, never catch other types, the teammate AI being braindead, etc etc cant be fixed with sliders because you have to stick to default for online games

It always feels like theyre playing to win vs. trying to play soccer. 0 fun for me, only gonna play with people I know, or gaffers from now on

Yep. Fuck EA to hell and back for monopolising the FIFA franchise and pumping out the same old buggy code year after year.

And fuck all of us for buying it.

Hixx

Winning a season's game six nil, opponent quits during a replay before I can skip it. Game never happened according to my stats. This game is diabolical.

Mascot

Winning a season's game six nil, opponent quits during a replay before I can skip it. Game never happened according to my stats. This game is diabolical.

It seems to be getting worse. Played for a few hours this morning, maybe eight matches in total. Every single opponent quit when I got more than two goals ahead.
Kids today are being taught to simply give up if things get a little too tough for them.
I wish I could have "Very wise" or "Grow some balls" saved as a default message to save having to type it out every single time to these annoying time-wasting fidiots.

wbsmcs

Hey Gaf, finally got into UT. Managed to build a pretty decent French team. Have a few questions though....

First off, how important is a goalie in the game? Right now I have some goalie that's rated 76. I think it's Elana. Should my next big move be purchasing Lloris or Mandanda? Or should I save up and try to get Benzema or Ribery first?

Second, is it possible to trade players between friends?

Next, how often do GOOD players show up in packs? I'm talking players rated 86+ , or is it better to just buy them off the auction house?

Finally, is there a source online where you could find the approximate value of players?

Hey Gaf, finally got into UT. Managed to build a pretty decent French team. Have a few questions though....

First off, how important is a goalie in the game? Right now I have some goalie that's rated 76. I think it's Elana. Should my next big move be purchasing Lloris or Mandanda? Or should I save up and try to get Benzema or Ribery first?

Second, is it possible to trade players between friends?

Next, how often do GOOD players show up in packs? I'm talking players rated 86+ , or is it better to just buy them off the auction house?

Finally, is there a source online where you could find the approximate value of players?

Good keeping matters, how much does it matter tho...I cant realy say. I use Nuer and can let up 2 or 3 goals a game vs. a guy with 76 rated strikers, while De Gea can stop 10+ shots on Gomez or Reus when I face them..go figure. I seem to get my ass handed to me by DeGea and Diego Alves (you'll see him, ALOT!..fucking brazilian teams :? lol)

I here its possible to tarde with friends, havent figured it out just yet tho. What me and my son did was post the player for 999,999, etc.. coins then do a trade.

How foten for good players..Well, Ive spent $200'ish on FIFA points, 1 out of every 20 packs I'll pull a guy worth using :/
I spent $40 yesterday on FIFA points...all I got in 6000+ points was 100k worth of sales from basc cards (contracts, fitness, etc..) and I got Puyol,Cech, Rodinho.
Spent like 150$ before that and was able to pull a whole Bundesliga squad (Neuer, Gomez, Lewndowski, etc..) as well as some guys to sell (Ramires, Mata, Pato, etc..) to which I sold to build my MLS/USA National team, Bronze team and Silver...and lose to every Mexican/Brazillian team I face lol.

pompidu

So in ultimate team how do you just play regular matches instead of season or tournament? I bought it today and don't know where everything is. Also why the hell are the hiding the star levels. Just played 5 teams straight who were all gold aganist my bronze, I would never play someone like that.

Canuck76

Banned
Ok what is the deal in this game with penalties? I've lost a ton of games because of them

I'm rolling on an SDTV and i never see the composure bar for the penalty kicks. Is there a composure bar for penalty kicks in an actual match? I can't fine the answer online.

But in the practice i do see the meter with green in the middle and red on the outsides that should be the composure meter BUT IT'S NOT IN THE ACTUAL GAMES WHAT THE HELL. What am i supposed to do?

Love the game but this pisses me off so much.

Ok what is the deal in this game with penalties? I've lost a ton of games because of them

I'm rolling on an SDTV and i never see the composure bar for the penalty kicks. Is there a composure bar for penalty kicks in an actual match? I can't fine the answer online.

But in the practice i do see the meter with green in the middle and red on the outsides that should be the composure meter BUT IT'S NOT IN THE ACTUAL GAMES WHAT THE HELL. What am i supposed to do?

Love the game but this pisses me off so much.

It should be there. Check in the settings maybe it's turned off? Check if some of the screen is cut off I believe there is a option to "resize" the picture.

FreeChicken

Neo Member
OK I finally won the division 1 title in seasons. I am ready to never play a random person at FIFA ever again. It was all a little anti-climatic though, 5 mins before the end the opposition quits and I am presented with the start of a new season with little to no fanfare about winning the damn thing. I received an expletive filled message from my final opponent which I will have to make do with as my only lasting medal of achievement for god knows how many hours of blood boiling rage playing this damn game over and over.

dwix

I picked up a 360 copy of the game yesterday, and was surprised to see my framerate drop below 60 fps during games -- is this normal? I recall my experience with FIFA 12 being a consistent 60.

Linius

Screw them fucking EA servers. Decided to do a game of seasons for the first time since a week or so and right after I scored the 2-0 the game went black. Thought the guy on the other side left the game but I was kicked out by the EA Servers. Goodbye good game, fuck you EA.

960f6866843cdbee04c293404844f45324506c75.jpg

I also might have some anger issues. I'm glad it still works, I was shocked by my self after I did it :')

wbsmcs

Was just playing a UT online seasons game. Scored a goal in the 90th minute to go ahead 4-3, opponent quits, and I end up getting a 3-0 loss. The win would of put me in division 2. Tired of this shit. I've been disconnected from the EA servers like 10 times in the past 2 days. I love the game, but can't put up with this anymore.

pappe

In division 1 of FUT right now I think I will get relegated need to win 2 of remaining 3 to stay up. But having trouble finding matches now for some reason.

Btw my gt is SgtR0flc0pter if any1 wants to add me. That's 2 zeros instead of o

I dumped a bunch of coins into those premium player packs the other day (35k a pop packs) came up with a good haul.

I dont even care about winning so much anymore, its so damn repetitive with the teams you face...same old Luiz, Santana, Emenike, Wellinton, etc.. in a 3-5-2 auto defend formation. I find myself still using my Bundesliga 100 Chem/9 player chem team as well as US stars but mostly I just throw new teams together a few times a night and say f*ck chem and just have fun.
I got a shit load of high rated players so I just throw together a team and go for it lol

this one always strikes fear into my opponents hearts!

Eq7Z9.png

I'm at 138 wins, 29 ties and 121 losses...13 cups (I won the silver balls cup last week with an all MLS squad..yay..)

I think I'd actually try more if the game offered some originality and fun, game is so lame now with every team a xerox copy of the last you played

I'm about a week away from selling everything then trying to sell my coins for real cash, this game mode is beyod horrible.

Pachimari

Wow, just had one of my better matches in Seasons.

I started the match with a 5-4-1 formation with Real Madrid and the first half ended 1-1.

In the 2nd half he scored to 2-1 in the 83rd minute with Lionel Messi.

I never give up, so in the 90th minute I scored a goal in the box with Xabi Alonso on a loose ball and then again, I get a penalty kick and I get ahead with a Cristiano Ronaldo goal to 3-2. The nerve-wrecking thing were, that my controller lost its signal, so I were afraid the computer would just kick the ball straight and above goal but thankfully my controller connected and I got to kick the ball myself.

Then again in the 90th minute, he got a penalty kick but Messi missed.

Haha. :)

Nyx

My GF got me the game for Christmas (360-version), and coming from Pro Evo 2013 I have to say I like Fifa 13 a lot as well.

Seasons mode is such an improvement, no more FC Utrecht vs Barca/Real online, but against teams which are just as strong, a very big plus!

Also like the defending in Fifa, it's more work but I have the feeling I can defend better too.

In Pro Evo I usually got bored after a few matches, but I've played Fifa all day yesterday and if I didn't have to go to work today, I would probably play all day again...

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
My gold UT team

4-1-2-1-2
DeGea
Richards Kompany Vermaelem Luis Enrique
Fellini
Valencia bale
Toure
Rvp Hernandez

Just lost to an all silver Saudi Arabian team........

And it wasn't just barely, they smashed me to bits. Won every header, beat me to every loose ball, passed me to shreds and ran me ragged. They were so fast and strong. Everytime I see an all silver team in UT I worry because I swear they have some kind of handicap feature.

My mate played me with his bronze Koreans and he said his team felt fluid, quick, strong, better than the arsenal team he uses in seasons and better than they felt in other UT games he's played against the AI.

Ridiculous. Saudi Arabian silvers was the best team I've ever faced. I couldn't do anything. Ok it was probably poor connection issues but his guys were zipping about like road runners and my usual 'deal with lag' techniques just couldnt do anything.

That said I'm still in Div 1 of UT, never been relegated in any mode. Just won the best of the best UT cup which was pretty tough to win. My record is 108-11-56. I went on one bad run of like 30 losses out of 40 games but seem to be back on form now cos I bought an Ethernet cable and plug it in when I play online. Most of my losses came in the cup as I don't think I could face a relegation. The end of my bad run of form was actually losing my first 6 games of a season in div 1 - unheard of by my standards). This meant I had 4 games left and needed 4 wins. Somehow pulled it off and then went on my good run of form, won a cup and on my way to winning div 1 hopefully.

Someone accused me of being a pace whore earlier after I scored a hat trick with rvp against him, he's hardly the fastest! I do have some fast players in my teams but I also play a very attractive and positive brand of football. Lots of passing and build up play and lots of imagination, theres loads of variety in my play. but don't get me wrong I still aim to be ruthless online. I have to say I play to win.

I don't mind scoring the cut back goals or the lob throughball goals, if you give me that space I'm not gonna let you off, I might if I'm winning by a lot. I also don't mind conceding those goals, if an opponent gets into that position he's entitled to do it, it's my job to stop him getting into that opportunity. It's funny cos I used to really hate it on PES but it feels like you can prevent it in fifa whereas in PES getting to that spot was al,ost unstoppable at times but putting it in the net was hard unless you did that.

The only goals I would consider not scoring or feel bad scoring are if his AI did something horrendous to let me in, like tackled themselves and then fell over each other and a flailing leg kicks the ball to my feet.

Anyway it's been awhile so I caught up on some recent discussions :)

What are the best teams to use in seasons?

What are the best teams to use in seasons?

I played seasons off and on since release...after my "giving up" on FUT about 2 weeks ago I focused back on seasons.

Had a blast ripping through the Div. with Juventus, Lazio, and Chelsea. Fell in love with playing with Jeventus tho, by far my fave 5*...but now Once I got to Div 4 its become all the same.

Everyone is eithier Madrid, Barca, Bayern, or Man City/United and they go Ultra-Def. at the first whistle. Its a workout in scoring, damn near impossible for me now lol.
I went from like 40-5-2 to 43-10-15 and got relagated for my first time. I cant score to save my life and constantly concede the counter attack goal.

Pachimari

Anyone wanna do matches (not UT) on PS3?

Admittedly I use Real Madrid as I have been a madridista for more than a decade but I can use the worse players if you want or use the Danish club Brøndby. ^_^

My two teams right now. Anyone got any player suggestions I should get? I'm thinking of saving up for an In Form. It's between Alaba, Hamsik, Marchisio, Muller, and if I'm veeeerry patient then maybe Di Natale.

iypSL7xDP7Uba.jpg

iuoHYIXeEyVl4.jpg

Anyone wanna do matches (not UT) on PS3?

Admittedly I use Real Madrid as I have been a madridista for more than a decade but I can use the worse players if you want or use the Danish club Brøndby. ^_^

I was on earlier, gave up for the night...

2 ties in games I dominated but couldnt score, then to rub salt in the wound a 90minute goal vs. me.... Ribbery knocked Chelllini down in teh box after a corner to which Dante picked up and hit an ugly shot past Buffon who ball watched...I damn near lost my mind lol.

Losing my mind right now figuring out how to score since everybody is just ultra def with a wall of defenders. No matter how many corners I take, crosses I make, dominating tackles/passing/shots etc.. I cant score...

JLG-

I just started playing again after a month and a half layoff. Man am i rusty, it feels like i need to relearn how to play the game.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Do green lines between players mean they play better? my player chem is usually 9 but the lines arent green for the most part.

The all silver saudi team that destroyed me had almost all green lines, reckon it made a difference?

Flatmate just picked this up, and I've never really played football games before so if anyone wants to give me some tips I'd appreciate it! I played a wee bit of Fifa 09 but I was pretty shit at it. Only other football game I've played a significant amount of was World Cup Italia '90 for the Mega Drive...yeh that was a while ago.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Falcao is up to a 90 rating on FIFA. Colombia is pretty beastly now but I haven't been able to play ultimate team so I haven't seen if they upped his rating on that too.

4.5 stars although I mainly end up playing vs Uruguay or all of the Brazilian League teams

Flatmate just picked this up, and I've never really played football games before so if anyone wants to give me some tips I'd appreciate it! I played a wee bit of Fifa 09 but I was pretty shit at it. Only other football game I've played a significant amount of was World Cup Italia '90 for the Mega Drive...yeh that was a while ago.

don't hold run, do hold the L trigger

o and why is ultimate team down every fkn time i try to play for more than an hour

Linius

Okay guys, this problem is really annoying me now. Everytime I play a seasons game the EA servers just kick me out somewhere around the 35 minute mark. There's no way ever I get to finish a game and really get to play some FIFA like I really want to. Since seasons is the only thing I do with FIFA I feel like I paid for a worthless piece of shit game right now. My NAT is open btw, internet connection is solid, so that's not the problem.

Anybody that knows something to solve this problem?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
-opponent is winning by 2 at the 70th minute, decides to stop playing and pass the ball between defenders and goalie. The AI in my team never recognizes this, so all my players are in my half of the field. Cant do anything about it
-They wont let you make a short pass with the goalie because theyre always harrassing the defense
-horrible first touch
Wii U version solves these issues, mostly thanks to the touchscreen.

Can't believe they haven't done something with the goal kicks on PS3. You can't play short because the animation takes forever and the other player can move while the goalkeeper kicks. It's flawed. With the Wii U you can move your defenders where you want with your finger, such as at an extreme side of the field, and make a short pass the opponent can't reach.

Also in the Wii U version when the opponent keeps the ball in defense, you can draw multiple runs with your finger, so that midfielders and forwards run like hell towards the keeper.

Online is smooth as butter and playing off TV is so convenient it makes FIFA an absolute addiction.

DBT85

Just saying Hi.

I managed to sit down with Fifa 12 for a few hours the other day for the first time in ages and found a few things really niggling so I tried the Fifa 13 demo and instantly found it a more enjoyable experience. It arrived today.

I'm a noob that only plays on SemiPro so I doubt I'll see any of you online, but hello anyway.

Maybe someone can answer for me, do you HAVE to get a handle on skill moves to be any good at this?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
What the hell is going on with EA's servers? I bought this game on PS3 this weekend, got into Ultimate Team, but I am constantly getting dropped at the expense of contracts as well as it being as annoying as having a dentist sneeze in my mouth.

yeah UT is always dropping out or being incredibly slow for me as well. pretty annoying to get on only to find that it's not working ATM.

Just saying Hi.

I managed to sit down with Fifa 12 for a few hours the other day for the first time in ages and found a few things really niggling so I tried the Fifa 13 demo and instantly found it a more enjoyable experience. It arrived today.

I'm a noob that only plays on SemiPro so I doubt I'll see any of you online, but hello anyway.

Maybe someone can answer for me, do you HAVE to get a handle on skill moves to be any good at this?

use pace control(Left Trigger) and skill dribbling(LT + RT) and fake shots (B or X + A + a direction) and you'll get past defenders no problem

DenogginizerOS

Anyone know where to get updates on the server problems besides the twitter feeds and forums on EA's websites? They acknowledge there are several issues, but they also keep blathering on about UT packs and features as if we could actually play the mode and enjoy it without constant service interruption from server issues.

DBT85

use pace control(Left Trigger) and skill dribbling(LT + RT) and fake shots (B or X + A + a direction) and you'll get past defenders no problem

I'll try and decode that into PS3 buttons later lol.

Thanks for the tip.

Only had a chance to play a couple of short games last night, I wanted to try online but it took forever and then never got anywhere so I gave up.

I was looking forward to the training things that they showed in the demo. Sadly it goes from "this is doable" to "give up" insanely fast when it switches to full manual controls. And instead of it giving you an indication of how playing with full manual changes things for you, you are just left to get on with it.

Needless to say the passing and shooting with full manual was a crapshoot. I'm sure it works for those that have the time to learn it but damn.

Does anyone play the Seasons online using the traditional defending setting?

I can't handle the new "tactical defending" because i refuse to spend the game holding down LB and actually want to defend myself. Which unfortunately get's undone be someone changing direction repeatedly.

DenogginizerOS

Three nights in a row with these server drops in Ultimate Team. Feeling ripped off for spending $60 to get a game Taft I thought was patched up

Does anyone play the Seasons online using the traditional defending setting?

I can't handle the new "tactical defending" because i refuse to spend the game holding down LB and actually want to defend myself. Which unfortunately get's undone be someone changing direction repeatedly.

I don't think you can use the other type of defending. And holding b to defend isn't defending by yourself.

DBT85

Played my first online games today in "seasons".

Won the first 3-0. The other guy was sliding all over the place so it was easy finding room even for me.
Lost the second 4-2. Was 2-2 until about 75 minutes when I had a player sent off, crapshoot after that. Guy kep managing to split my CBs and it was luck that I;'d only conceded 2 up to that point.
Lost the third 3-0. Couldn't keep the ball. Obliterated.
Fourth game was 0-0 at 75 minutes when the connection dropped. No idea which end it was.

I need to learn how to defend.

Some tips for people new to online seasons...

1. Go Ultra Defensive from first whistle, everyone does it and so will your opponent. Its the best counter to the lob through ball. If your having a problem getting past your opponents back 4...this is why, cause everyone is Ultra-D

2. If your opponent is Real Madrid...quit before the game hits the 5 min mark so you dont get a DNF, just save yourself the pain of having defenders run twice the speed of every pass you make, your opponent knocking you around the pitch like a rag down and never getting called for a foul, them winning EVERYTHING in the air, getting the ball back everytime you make a tackle, running though tackles in god mode.

3. Bayern is a close second to this godly behavior, prepare your anus for the brutality that is Robben and the rest of the Bayern gang.

4. Dortmund..you better be FAST to stop these mofo's

5. Juve...3 at the back? On Ultra Defensive try 8 at the back!

6. Best defensive advice I can give is learn to play as a defender covering an AI opponent, try to intercept passes or make quick tackles as soon as they touch the ball. Hold the secondary contain to make an AI teammate D up on the ball holder while you try to cover who you might think the pass might go to. Switch to the defender on the human opponent if you see an excellent opportuinity, ice skating physics usually makes it easy for a human opponent to carve you up if you play Human to Human defense. Conatin (holding A/X is an excelllent tactic but is easy to get around if you dont tackle right, an oppoent can usually get past a person holding contain religously with some qucik moves)

7. Try your best never to air the ball out on goal kicks. Try to pass it in, throw it etc... 99% of the time your oppoent gets it back and a good many times this is easy mode for a conter attack goal.

8. My own tip...I never ever ever intentionally switch to my CB's. I find that once I switch to my CB's the doors wide open for me to be carved up. I always try to switch to DM's or Fullbacks. I let the AI play CB for me. They might be brain dead at times but they do a hell of a lot better being walls my oppenent cant breach then I do.

9. Lastly, prepare for some unseen forces dictating how the game will go. You have no control over it. One game your players will be amazing and you can win or have a chance, the next game everythign you do will be a clusterfuck of stupidty with players on your team making it seem like they want you to lose. Your 80+ rated CAM will have the touch and passing of a U-8 child, your keeper will defect balls headed out of bounds to opponents to score on you, and your defenders will watch the ball and be pushed around by guys a foot smaller and 100 lbs lighter.

My advice, best I can give...then again I'm stuck in 3rd division with a 50-28-25 record and just recently started playing Seasons. Had like 5 losses till I hit 4th division...now its a god damn pain in the ass. I'm fighting tooth and nail every night just to stay in 4th division, I win 2 or 3...lose 3 or 5 in a row. My oppoent will obatin god-mode in the final minutes to eithier tie the game or win it....if you see them get a corner in the last few minutes be prepared for the game to make your defenders ball watch while its in the air or the defelction/clearance to find your oppoents waiting foot. Most tackles too will continously find thier way back to an oppoents foot everytime you tackle them away...eventually rolling right in front of goal for an easy one timer for your opponent.

Top Bottom