• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

gamma

I am weak, and ashamed. I just re-bought FIFA 13. It's a fucking drug more addictive and harmful than heroin, and will probably kill me quicker.

I swear I came here to post the exact same thing. Fifa is worse than any drug addiction. Nothing in my life has caused me to rage harder than this game. People may read this and think we are exaggerating but it's true. Don't buy this game.

enderep12

Neo Member
If you're too good the game will make you suck to restore balance to the universe or something.

Thats at least my theory as why suddenly after a win streak my defensive AI goes into full retard mode.

I've been there and second that... I completely blasted my way through 4 games winning with a 5+ goal lead every time...

And in the next game I get destroyed by an Italian team (it's mostly Italian teams...) 8-0... He had 8 shots on goal, 8 goals... I had about 14 shots on goal, zero goals.

I suppose Italian players are really overpowered in terms of card-attributes vs. "in-game" attributes... Every league has such players, e.g. Reus, he's an 84 but feels like a 90+, but Serie A must have 80% of those...

Edit: I'm talking about Ultimate Team on PC btw... http://www.ea.com/de/fussball/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#kKiiDLRmnJpGo:pc here's my team...

I like that everyone rages at this game as much as me.

Never rage at shooters but Fifa is just bollocks.

Mainly because i play pro clubs and after 10 amazing attempts that are saved by there amazing AI keeper. They'll get one break/defense does something stupid and score.

It's one of the least rewarding games to play well, instead of just playing like a scrote as everyone else does.

Lkr

i FUCKING HATE THE ASSHOLES THAT MAKE YOU WATCH AFTER THEY WIN

GOOD FUCKING GOD YOU WON, HERE IS YOUR COOKIE, LET ME QUIT FFS

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I've been losing a lot recently but what really pisses me off is that if I start good and get an early goal the little punks quit.

If they quit before 5 minutes game time it's a no decision. fix it fifa

when i get scored on within five minutes i play on, and lose most of the time

Linius

I've been losing a lot recently but what really pisses me off is that if I start good and get an early goal the little punks quit.

If they quit before 5 minutes game time it's a no decision. fix it fifa

when i get scored on within five minutes i play on, and lose most of the time

Just do tiki taka the first five minutes the way Barca has been doing lately. Possesion with no goals and then you're good to go.

Elfish

Why don't we all play PES2013 then :D
I like it though and I'm serious.

FIFA 13 sucks online and it bored me to quickly.
It's a bugfest as well with dumb AI sometimes and tactics don't matter in this game.

Playing it offline against friends is still the most fun, instead of playing against retards who quit if they are 2 goals or more behind.

Meteorain

Sigh playing against RM and Bayern is the most frustrating shit. These guys can only score off ridiculous counter attacks where they just sprint at the speed of light.

Meier

I've only gotten one decent card all year in FUT packs (trade wise) and it was Ashley Young. Think I got about 15k out of him.

Bought some FIFA points the other night (200) and took a punt. Absolute dogshit -- best card was Alex Song who is worth nothing and I got Distin who is work even less. I decided to spend 7,500 coins on a pack through the web... just pulled an Ilkay Gundogan TOTW card out.

He's in a 4-2-3-1 formation too which is definitely one of my favorites.. was half tempted to hold onto him and start a new squad (I just have 1) but I am sick of losing to all La Liga teams so I'm gonna try and sell him to finance a few bigger buys. Most of my guys cost 3,000 at most so I'm getting outclassed.

NoRéN

Anyone play this on PC?
Do you use keyboard and mouse?

Any input will be appreciated since I'm debating on getting it on PC for $10 on amazon.

Elfish

NoRéN;54441399 said:
Anyone play this on PC?
Do you use keyboard and mouse?

Any input will be appreciated since I'm debating on getting it on PC for $10 on amazon.

Get yourself a decent gamepad from logitech or else a 360 pad.

pavanmessi

Neo Member
Sigh playing against RM and Bayern is the most frustrating shit. These guys can only score off ridiculous counter attacks where they just sprint at the speed of light.
Play with Manchester United or teams with physical traits! Trust me you will own them instantly

Meier

My two FUT teams. This is my first year really playing it.. just got to Division 1 and won my first game the other day. Cruised through 5 and 4 initially then got merked in Division 3 and almost went back down to 5 but held on and have had straight promotions from 4, 3 and 2. Still haven't played with my Bundesliga team at all yet.

iwLn6uuHUM8CL.png

ieH3bG80J4nrE.png

Getting the TOTW Gundogan was very fortunate. Got 115k or so out of him which helped me buy a number of good players (Cavani is GREAT and so cheap.. totally ridiculous). Bought about 5 packs since at 7,500 and haven't gotten anyone worth a damn. :( RB is a bitch for the Bundesliga team.. it's either Pisczek or Lahm and both are so damn expensive. Lahm especially so.

How do you guys deal with pople insulting you on PSN, or keeping the ball when they lead ?

I faced a guy the other day who went up 2-0 early on me with his ridiculous La Liga team with Petr Cech in goal. He was doing the bullshit time wasting and just passing around with his back four, etc. I used the RB button and pressed like hell and got him to slip up at some point and made it 2-1. He got a little nervous and attacked a bit to try and get it back to 3-1 but I was able to counter and score to draw in about the 89th minute or so. Almost got a 3rd actually. The draw was absolutely delicious.

I should probably be better about taking my foot off the gas though. I was up 3-0 at HT and ended up drawing 3-3 in a game because I kept attacking and got beat on the counter a few times. Felt like an idiot.

RB is a bitch for the Bundesliga team.. it's either Pisczek or Lahm and both are so damn expensive. Lahm especially so.
Is Pisczek really that expensive? I don't remember paying too much for him a while back. I just have the regular version of him (82) with Selassie as a backup.

Try Trasch at RB for your Bundesliga team. He got about 100 caps for my Bundesliga team before I sold them. High def work rate and isn't slow. I recommend Pander for LB. probably my favorite player in UT

Meier

Is Pisczek really that expensive? I don't remember paying too much for him a while back. I just have the regular version of him (82) with Selassie as a backup.

Not SUPER expensive, but too much for a secondary team for me. I think he's around 7,000-8,000.

Try Trasch at RB for your Bundesliga team. He got about 100 caps for my Bundesliga team before I sold them. High def work rate and isn't slow. I recommend Pander for LB. probably my favorite player in UT

Interesting, I'll have to check him (Pander) out. This guy I have back there (Gonzalo Castro) has pretty solid stats for a RB.. if only you could change a RM to a RB with a card.

76 pace, 79 passing, 78 dribbling, 76 defense
http://www.futhead.com/fifa/players/3862/

enderep12

Neo Member
Not SUPER expensive, but too much for a secondary team for me. I think he's around 7,000-8,000.

LOL... On PC he's 20k+

Interesting, I'll have to check him (Pander) out.

Def. go for him. He's a monster and totally underrated... Also one of the best freekick takers ingame (ingame stats: 92 Free Kick Power / 89 Free Kick Accuracy) and a KILLER longshot.

Still my go-to team:
http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#dXUFoqGJnJs55:pc

Podolsky and Reus are both beasts in terms of finishing and pushing through, Götze is my fav. CAM, even better than Özil. Elia is a rather fast black man (90 Pace), also has 5*Skill-Moves which I like to use... His sub, Schürrle, has an amazing longshot and feels even faster (although he only has 88 pace)... Blaszcykowsky is fast as hell as well with his sub (Farfan) being a great joker (same goes for the Müller I made from CAM to ST)

CDM is either Gündogan (4 Star Skills, quite a good pass) or Martinez, whoever has more Fitness at the given moment ^^

My defense is made of Pander/Alaba (both good... I prefer Pander though, see above); Hummels (best Bundesliga CB) and Boateng (also underrated at 79); Lahm (trying to get Pisczeck as a sub... but too damn expensive)

I keep Naldo and Luiz as subs for my CBs, because I like both of em, and if you have to change a player in game, the chemistry will not override... So if I put in Luiz for Hummels after kick-off, he keeps the 9CHEM Hummels had...

If you guys got any expensive players I would sell them now before the Team of the Season market crash. Prices have already dropped a bit already in anticipation and they haven't even announced or released anything yet. First in form Suarez used to be like 299k now he's 179k.

I'm gonna rebuy my team during the TOTS releases and see if I saved any coin.

Enderrep12 just named most of my old Bundesliga team which was an amazing team before I got bored. 4-3-3

Shurrle, Reus, Farfan
Gundogan, Gotze, Holtby
Pander, Hummels, Howedes, Trasch

I am so in love with Pander that I just made a new German/French Hybrid so I could keep using him. 4-4-2

Klose, Benzema
Schurrle, Holtby, Cabaye, Ben Arfa
Pander, Hummels, Koscielny, Sagna

As you can tell I also love Holtby and Schurrle for this game. I also recommend Reus and probably going to pick him up to replace Klose. But I don't know.

My only other absolute recommendation is Benteke. He is expensive but slots at least two a game; assuming I don't need to deal with away team lag.

Pachimari

Wow. Finally figured out, that if I hold L1 while passing the ball it'll make my player make a run instantly. Have helped me tremendously.

Which division have you guys gone up to in Seasons?

Started play FUT again first pack pulled a Hazard.

Gonna wait till the team of the seasons are out for each league and the market collapses no point having money tied up in players when that happens.

Just gonna try and turn my 50k in to 100k.

I think I may make a German League team next when the market settles.

That MOTM Reus looks beast, mind you he will probabiy get a new card soon at this rate.

Alpende

Honestly it depends. It gets all over the place. I typically play with 4 star teams and would face te occasional 5 Star team but mostly 4.5 Star teams.

I usually face 4 star teams when using 4 star teams. Rarely a 4.5 star team. I believe the only one I got was Anzhi.

Another thing.

I sometimes notice that when I score 2 goals almost all of my other shots are very dangerous and even the most stupid shots fly in the net. Same goes for when I am behind 2 or something goals. For some reason almost every time my opponent shoots it's a goal.

Wes

venison crêpe
Not really sure how FUT works. Does your coin balance, or whatever the currency is, roll over to Fifa 14?

The UT Market seems rather unstable at the moment people seem to be panic selling as they are wiorried about potentially losing coins tied up in players.

CR has dropped 300k plus, in just a few days.

If you have coins tied up in high profile players who are likely to get an upgraded card sell now.

Hey everyone, I got this game back in like December but only really started playing it now.

It's been a couple of years since I really played heavily, and I'm wondering about changes to career mode (I mostly just enjoy grinding my player to top levels). Last game I played was Fifa 11.

Is there a way to control your team during career mode? I remember in past games you were able to basically manage the squad during games, even when you weren't playing as "manager". I'm already deep in a season, but I've not been given these options yet. Have they taken that out? I sorta hate how my player always seems to be subbed out so quickly.

Also, is there a way to play with your created character in non-career mode? I mean just regular matches against the cpu? This used to be a good way to grind and get the accomplishments, I've looked around the options and such and I honestly can't figure out how to do this. It used to be that your player was just on the squad that you created him for, not anymore.

Lastly, can you still change your position and physical attributes on the fly? It was unrealistic as hell but I used to love doing it to build up specific attributes of the character, once again, I'm lost at how to do this now.

Hey everyone, I got this game back in like December but only really started playing it now.

It's been a couple of years since I really played heavily, and I'm wondering about changes to career mode (I mostly just enjoy grinding my player to top levels). Last game I played was Fifa 11.

Is there a way to control your team during career mode? I remember in past games you were able to basically manage the squad during games, even when you weren't playing as "manager". I'm already deep in a season, but I've not been given these options yet. Have they taken that out? I sorta hate how my player always seems to be subbed out so quickly.

Also, is there a way to play with your created character in non-career mode? I mean just regular matches against the cpu? This used to be a good way to grind and get the accomplishments, I've looked around the options and such and I honestly can't figure out how to do this. It used to be that your player was just on the squad that you created him for, not anymore.

Lastly, can you still change your position and physical attributes on the fly? It was unrealistic as hell but I used to love doing it to build up specific attributes of the character, once again, I'm lost at how to do this now.

Player-Manager mode

Player-Manager mode

How do I do this? When I started career it only had player or manager. Do I have to complete a certain amount of seasons or something?

Edit : Just searched, and I see that they have taken it out. Thanks for leading me in the right direction. Bummer though.

Are those other options gone as well? Like using your player for any team, or changing attributes?

Top Bottom