• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

DBT85

Rapidly getting bored and frustrated with Seasons.

Does it match you against people that are as shit as you are or just matches teams that have a similar star level?

I've said before, I'm not good at this game, that I am acutely aware of. I played 4 games in my career mode last night and had one 2-0 and 3 0-0 on Semi Pro.

In seasons so far I've played 9 games, 2W/1D/6L. One of those was against Real Madrid, 5 were against Juventus.

In the last game against Real Madrid after 40 minutes and being down 3-0 with the guy walking around me in circles I just stopped playing aside from to take kickoffs/goal kicks/throw ins. Somehow he managed to only score 2 more goals, proving that my team are actually better off without me lol.

Nyx

Does it match you against people that are as shit as you are or just matches teams that have a similar star level?

I've said before, I'm not good at this game, that I am acutely aware of. I played 4 games in my career mode last night and had one 2-0 and 3 0-0 on Semi Pro.

In seasons so far I've played 9 games, 2W/1D/6L. One of those was against Real Madrid, 5 were against Juventus.

It matches you with people in the same division (so essentially the same skill), AND clubs with the same star level.

My advice : quit using the top-tier teams, Fifa is so much more fun with 3* teams.

Also, in my experience people who pick lowerranked teams usually have a lot more sportmanship than people who use Real/Barca and such.

In the last game against Real Madrid after 40 minutes and being down 3-0 with the guy walking around me in circles I just stopped playing aside from to take kickoffs/goal kicks/throw ins. Somehow he managed to only score 2 more goals, proving that my team are actually better off without me lol.

Quit, Quit, Quit before the 5 minute mark is your opponent is Real, Barca, Bayern, Dortmund, Man City or Juve. You wont get a "Did not finish" loss if you quit in the first 5 minutes. I usually see who my opponent is, as soon as ball is kicked off I hit pause (or try to get it back asap if they kick off) and quit. I then send a "I'm sorry, I dont play (insert team)" message and find another game.

Real and Bayern should be 7 star teams since they are faster, stronger, and can push you down/off the ball/win every header etc.. Its easy/god mode and will just leave you angry.

Dortmund, Barca, and City are 6 stars due to speed and uncanny ability to do some of the god like abilities you see Bayern or Real do.

Juve is tough, but alot of that has to do with any 3 at the back team played in ultra defensive. In ultra defensive, which every single person plays regardless of team, Juve becomes 7 or 8 at the back. You'll find your self gettign the ball and already having most of Juves team already standing on the 18 ready to block any shot, intercept every pass, tackle you from every direction. truely, one of the best defenses in the game (Chellani and Barz are amazing)An execellent team to have a boring ass 0-0 draw against.

I use Chelsea or Spurs usually and have great games vs. teams like PSG, Liverpool, Man U, Lazio, etc.. some teams show 5 stars and play a million times better then other 5 star teams so dont be fooled like its anyweres close to being fair.

Playing as Newcastle in seasons is fun, playing as QPR too.

I enjoy playing as QPR too.

Taarabt, Wright-Philips and Remy are insane.
Derry actually hit a game winner for me too the other night, a screamer from like 30 yards out lol

Diakite' is pretty good in the back also.

Mascot

9. Lastly, prepare for some unseen forces dictating how the game will go. You have no control over it. One game your players will be amazing and you can win or have a chance, the next game everythign you do will be a clusterfuck of stupidty with players on your team making it seem like they want you to lose. Your 80+ rated CAM will have the touch and passing of a U-8 child, your keeper will defect balls headed out of bounds to opponents to score on you, and your defenders will watch the ball and be pushed around by guys a foot smaller and 100 lbs lighter.

These 'unseen forces' are all caused by the game very often handing your opponent the far superior connection. 'Host advantage' is the best analogy. You can get locked into having the shitty end of the connection stick for several games at a time, and turning off your console doesn't even clear it sometimes.

I was locked into having the better connection last week and was RIDICULOUSLY advantaged over my opponents. I was winning so easily that nearly all of my opponents quit. I then started using some half-star team I'd never heard of and beating Real, Barca, Bayern, Brazil, Argentina, Man Utd... you name it. I got a bunch of messages afterwards congratulating my Goliath-killing exploits, but skill had nothing to do with it. The game was helping me every kick of the way.

FIFA has been like this since '06, and until EA completely rewrite their net code, it always will be.

Hey quick question, y'all: I haven't played FIFA in a few years but I bought the iOS version on a whim yesterday and I haven't been able to put it down since. I LOVE FUT especially. I'm really thinking about picking up a console version now, probably PS3. My question is this, is there any kind of connectivity at all? It would be really cool if it were the same FUT team between the two or something. Google isn't helping. I have a feeling the answer is no, but figured I'd ask.

Koko

Banned
Hey quick question, y'all: I haven't played FIFA in a few years but I bought the iOS version on a whim yesterday and I haven't been able to put it down since. I LOVE FUT especially. I'm really thinking about picking up a console version now, probably PS3. My question is this, is there any kind of connectivity at all? It would be really cool if it were the same FUT team between the two or something. Google isn't helping. I have a feeling the answer is no, but figured I'd ask.

Unfortunately there isn't connectivity at all between the iOS version and the consoles, on the other hand if you buy it either for ps3/360 or PC, you can manage your FUT with EA Sports Football Club app.

Saty

Can anyone tell me why customizing my formation and tactics does FUCKING NOTHING? I've set my players attacking work to low; i've set build up speed to 1, passing risk to 1, every possible option i have to tweak to stop my players rushing forward i've tweaked.

BUT STILL my defender and CDM's run forward every single time, exposing their positions. FFS. Why does the game suck so much in this area?! And why doesn't the game let me have full control where to have players move to in attack\defense. You can only choose the forward positions when attacking and only backwards positions when defending. But i wan't my damned CDM to go backward when i'm on the attack.

FIFA 13 just sucks in this regard. You can't execute any tactical plans because it freaking doesn't work. Players keep at it no matter what and how i assigned them.

AlexBasch

Guys, PS3 question here.

So I bought FIFA 13 tonight after having it in the 360, I'm pretty noobish on how PS3 accounts and activations work, but I had the idea of redeeming the online pass on a dummy account in my PS3, so when the time comes, I might sell off FIFA 13 with the account so the next user will be able to redeem it on his PS3, after deactivating that account on my console.

So the question is, will this work? A friend and I tested that with Uncharted 3 (I bought a new copy and I downloaded his online pass, so I still have another one for that effect) but I'm fearing this is account locked and not console wide like UC3 or the Xbox version.

Can someone explain to me how I can't handle the ball because the game is stuttering but as soon as my opponent gets possession it starts running smoothly again. Fucking Brazilians.

Joomoser

Neo Member
Hey guys a question here: is there a way I can play more than 4 players in career mode (offline), I mean, connect and play 6 players in career mode, the same team.
maybe a mod fix whatever

I search for this on google but nothing appears

Lkr

when i play seasons, often times i will get someone that is playing as the same team. is there a way to prevent this?

when i play seasons, often times i will get someone that is playing as the same team. is there a way to prevent this?

If you're playing with RM then it's your own damn fault :p

I hate when that happens, but it rarely happens unless you play with RM, or Brazil/Spain in 'match my type'.

pappe

If you're playing with RM then it's your own damn fault :p

I hate when that happens, but it rarely happens unless you play with RM, or Brazil/Spain in 'match my type'.

has happened while playing as Brazil a well. But last night happened when i was playing as Portugal. Played as Portugal for the first time as well.

Pachimari

Am I the only one who can't get further than Division 6 in Seasons mode online? I really don't suck.

Oh also, it sucks that I can't play against others than Real, Barca, Bayern, City, Spain or Germany in Seasons - that's bad. I have been a long term Real Madrid supporter for more than a decade and not because of the stars or super marketing etc.

Blackhead

Redarse
Am I the only one who can't get further than Division 6 in Seasons mode online? I really don't suck.

Oh also, it sucks that I can't play against others than Real, Barca, Bayern, City, Spain or Germany in Seasons - that's bad. I have been a long term Real Madrid supporter for more than a decade and not because of the stars or super marketing etc.

Switch your tactics. I usually coast to Division 3/2/1 playing a counterattacking style that confuses and catches out unsophisticated players of the lower divisions.

Real Madrid is definitely a problem in this game. They are obviously beatable in the real world but combine automatic controls with the high stats and physical abilities of the team and they can be frustrating opponents in the FIFA. However matchups in Seasons are done via team quality level so if you pick a weaker team, like say Swansea, you'll never be paired with the likes of Real, Barca etc (although it might take a long time to find opponents and you'll occasionally get the likes of Arsenal). There are teams on the lower quality tiers that make it easier to get a title

Pachimari

I know that but I'm a die hard / hardcore madridista, I bleed Madrid and what interests me is my club. So I want to play as Real Madrid (even with the youngsters in my line-up) but i want to meet the likes of Manchester United, Inter, Swansea, Brøndby etc. They should give one a choice for it to be based on team rating or not.

gamma

Fuck this game. Fuck everything about it. Fuck the developers who made it and put momentum in it.

And people think shooters make you aggressive.

Fuck this game. Fuck everything about it. Fuck the developers who made it and put momentum in it.

Momentum is why I'm done with any online play especially FUT. It's like the game makes my team turn to pure shit if I don't spend my coins after a certain period of time.

Linius

Playing FIFA is the main reason I broke one of my controllers and several other things in my bedroom :lol

Mascot

Lol. I got rid of my copy of FIFA 13 a couple of days ago and now feel GREAT. I needed to get it out of the house so that I wouldn't fool myself into thinking "this time, THIS TIME, it's going to be responsive and slick, my opponent isn't going to quit, and my team won't act like lobotomised zombies wading through treacle".

Removing the game from my possession was the only way I'd stop playing it, and stopping playing it was the only way to preserve my sanity and lower my blood pressure.

FIFA is a fucking hateful experience online. I am now free.

Found my go to team :) About to make the jump to 1st Div., think I'm around 70-35-35

Spurs baby!

I switch them up to a 4-2-2-2 and run

Walker-Kaboul-Vertoghen-Ekotto
Parker-Dembele
Bale-Lennon
Dempsey-Defoe

Bring in Holtby or Adebayor for Dempsey or sometimes let them start over him.

Good star level and great speed.

It sounds like we should start a support group to get rid of the game :p

iOTlUeVcEMDi9.gif

I'm with you guys. Fuck this game.

Champion of Division 1 seasons.... twice! This is on Xbox. Feels good man.

Did this with 2 players. Seriously easy mode for the first 8 divisions.

some questions guys.. can you help? new to all this.

1.) how do i get more money if im an MLS team to sign an big /expensive player? can i ever become very wealthy in career mode?

2.) where is Clint Dempsey in the game? i dont see him on the spurs or fulham

3.) can someone explain transfer budget and wages budget and the money coming in? is the money coming in set and will never change? is transfer budget money that just accumulates over time so i can use that money to purchase players? and is that money used for scouting or is that differrent?

Linius

1.) how do i get more money if im an MLS team to sign an big /expensive player? can i ever become very wealthy in career mode?

3.) can someone explain transfer budget and wages budget and the money coming in? is the money coming in set and will never change? is transfer budget money that just accumulates over time so i can use that money to purchase players? and is that money used for scouting or is that differrent?

In order to get more money at the club you'll have progress in the big tournaments like the national trophy (let's say DFB Pokal in Germany). Every time you get to the next round you'll get more budget from the club. Same goes reaching a certain round in the CL. And always focus on fulfilling the targets set by the board. Like claiming third position or higher in the league etc.

Besides that you can make money by selling valuable players of course. Try out the scout system to get some young promising players and sell them for crazy money after a couple of seasons. And it might be good to know you can adjust your transfer/wages percentage in the coach his office. So you can choose if you want your total budget to be like 75/25 or 50/50 or whatever you like. And there's an option to ask for extra budget, though the board is only likely to say yes to your request if you're doing well by their standards.

Best

This game drives me crazy. Most of the people that beat me are significantly worse at the game than I am. It's just bullshit.

2.) where is Clint Dempsey in the game? i dont see him on the spurs or fulham

Your talking about Career mode, this thread I think is aimed more at FIFA online play/Ultimate team play.

I can help the best I can but I tend to quit my carrers early cause I too play MLS and the touch system makes your team play like idiots who cant pass, dribble, or shoot while the CPU is AMAZING.

1) MLS teams have small budgets. You'll need to win tourneys, the league etc.. for quite a while if you really wanna be RICH. Just how it works, dont think you'll be able to have MILLIONS to spend on guys like Messi, Ronaldo etc.. Just liek the real MLS you might have to spend a max 5 or 10 mil (if your lucky)

2) Check the Reserves. I know when I play online I constantly have to check reserves cause it will place Dempsey on the reserve list cause right now he is off on Nat duty. If you use "current rosters" it will stick guys off on Nat duty or injured and such into reserves. I use Tottenham to play Online and have to move Dempsey all the time around Nat games.

3) I'm not to sure a about this, like I said...I quit early alot.

Mascot

This game drives me crazy. Most of the people that beat me are significantly worse at the game than I am. It's just bullshit.

Skill has nothing to do with who wins - quality of online connection is all that matters. The game will arbitrarily award one player ridiculous advantages.

Screw this game's servers, seriously! I was playing the finals of a cup in Season when I got a connection error! Result: automatically lost the finals! Despite having a very good connection my games are lagging, why does EA put me with bad connection people!

This is the first fifa game I bought since 2009, never again will I pay full price for this.

gamma

Lol. I got rid of my copy of FIFA 13 a couple of days ago and now feel GREAT. I needed to get it out of the house so that I wouldn't fool myself into thinking "this time, THIS TIME, it's going to be responsive and slick, my opponent isn't going to quit, and my team won't act like lobotomised zombies wading through treacle".

Removing the game from my possession was the only way I'd stop playing it, and stopping playing it was the only way to preserve my sanity and lower my blood pressure.

FIFA is a fucking hateful experience online. I am now free.

Seriously: I was so close to just taking the disc out and breaking it in half. I really think it's the only way. This game is fucking poison, worse than any drug. I'm seriously considering getting rid of it.

One question: Am I going completely insane or does the game feel different the last couple of days? I was one win away from winning the div 1 title last time I played (1-2 weeks ago) and this week I've lost like 10-15 games in a row and dropped to div 3. Something feels extremely off (more than usual). Anyone notice this?

Mascot

Seriously: I was so close to just taking the disc out and breaking it in half. I really think it's the only way. This game is fucking poison, worse than any drug. I'm seriously considering getting rid of it.

One question: Am I going completely insane or does the game feel different the last couple of days? I was one win away from winning the div 1 title last time I played (1-2 weeks ago) and this week I've lost like 10-15 games in a row and dropped to div 3. Something feels extremely off (more than usual). Anyone notice this?

I am weak, and ashamed. I just re-bought FIFA 13. It's a fucking drug more addictive and harmful than heroin, and will probably kill me quicker.

If you're too good the game will make you suck to restore balance to the universe or something.

Thats at least my theory as why suddenly after a win streak my defensive AI goes into full retard mode.

Top Bottom