• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

T7BeuKn.jpg

Right. Nothing wrong with that...

EDIT: Haha. Guy quits in the 90' when I'm up 4-0 and FIFA can't determine the outcome. WTH?

I want to get a capture card and create a stream solely devoted to watching the travesties that occur in every single game. I shouldn't lose to a single counter-attack when I have 12+ shots on the opponents goal.

Mascot

I've got a better one than that on my phone. I'll upload it when I can find the friggin' cable.

FIFA 13 is fucking junk online. Whoever has the best connection wins, and as for EA's claims about no scripting, how come your goalie always fumbles weak shots if you are 1-0 up in the 90th minute, normally palming the ball to the foot of an attacking opponent? It's such fucking bullshit. I spend half my time on FIFA swearing at the screen. No other game makes me rage like this.

The fact that I won the game is a miracle but wowwww do I wish I could upload the entire match on youtube or something. It had the kind of fuckery most people only see in a lifetime. First off his keeper Buffon has 18 saves, my buffon never gets shit. Second, his only goal comes off a deflection at the 45th minute, you wanna talk about scripting galore. Then I have 11 corners and they all bounce off the bar or better yet land at the feet of one of my players only for them to flail at it and kick nothing but air.

This is what I get for spending coins on the best players in the game. To get punished.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Playing UT online gold cup, can't believe the weirdness this game still has. First match won 2-0, had 30 (!) shots on goal, 20-some on target - opponent had one shot on goal for the entire match. Next match I can't do a damn thing with the ball. None of my players are in their correct positions for goal kicks etc. Take ridiculous first touches, lifeless off the ball leaving acres of space and when the AI does decide to do something they over-commit and leave gaps everywhere. Can't press for the ball at all, opponent seems invincible and wins nearly every air ball, and every defensive clearance they make from my attacks goes straight to one of their players in a good position. How the game can make these hard swings between being in control one match to being utterly useless the next is baffling. I don't want to be dominating matches - I want to feel like I'm playing a fair game.

Mascot

Playing UT online gold cup, can't believe the weirdness this game still has. First match won 2-0, had 30 (!) shots on goal, 20-some on target - opponent had one shot on goal for the entire match. Next match I can't do a damn thing with the ball. None of my players are in their correct positions for goal kicks etc. Take ridiculous first touches, lifeless off the ball leaving acres of space and when the AI does decide to do something they over-commit and leave gaps everywhere. Can't press for the ball at all, opponent seems invincible and wins nearly every air ball, and every defensive clearance they make from my attacks goes straight to one of their players in a good position. How the game can make these hard swings between being in control one match to being utterly useless the next is baffling. I don't want to be dominating matches - I want to feel like I'm playing a fair game.

One player is awarded a far superior connection, which is pretty much awarding the win before the match even starts. It's a simple as that. I can beat any 5-star team online using York City (1/2 star team) when I know I'm locked into a good connection. I've done it countless times.

And while I'm here, EA must think we are fucking stupid with all the 45th min/90th min goals that 'happen' in this game. They claim no scripting. I claim BULL. SHIT.

Kelas

One player is awarded a far superior connection, which is pretty much awarding the win before the match even starts. It's a simple as that. I can beat any 5-star team online using York City (1/2 star team) when I know I'm locked into a good connection. I've done it countless times.

And while I'm here, EA must think we are fucking stupid with all the 45th min/90th min goals that 'happen' in this game. They claim no scripting. I claim BULL. SHIT.

Damn, really?

It also always seems to be the guys who force you to watch replays and celebrate for as long as possible. I've started simply pausing the game immediately after they do that for the full 30 or 40 secs and taking my time.

Edit: Man, this is soul destroying frustration. How can this be anything other than a manipulation of your team's ability by the game. I know I'm repeating myself and moaning won't fix anything, but I'm going from responsive players one match to players with fucking concrete boots wading through a field of glue the next. Literally nothing going my way and I can barely get the ball out from my players feet before the opposition is on top of them - but my players leave them in tonnes of space and run about like headless chickens.

Edit2: Been on a string of good runs. Lost some matches but haven't had my team play like dog crap in a while now. Just beat a dude called squeakzjeee in the Gold cup 3-2 with a team full of IFs and me with nothing more than rares. Typical asshat doing constant skill moves and feints, scores his first goal from a dumb penalty and does the "shhh" celebration sprinting around the pitch and makes me watch the replay. Give the same back when I score 3, then I bring the ball to his corner flag for the last minute of the second half of ET and he stops playing, then connection is lost as he quits in calculated rage (I assume). Shame that I'm getting most of my enjoyment now from one-upping people like him.

Edit3: Wish I'd bought Balotelli earlier. As weird as it is to have him in a BPL squad, he's already a star player after 2 games, scoring 4 in one game, winning nearly every header.

hahaha. I had 15 points in with five matches left and needed one more point to get promoted back to Div 3. 5 games in a row where my keeper made a total of one save!!!

Kelas

Alright, I'm dumping large portions of my squad and starting a new 4-1-2-1-2 formation. I had switched to 5-3-2 from 4-2-3-1 and it's pretty bad (kinda knew it would be a step down, but was desperate to try a cheap alternative). Switched to 4-1-2-1-2 without applying any formation cards, moved some dudes around so I got the best chemistry I could get - a measly 60 - and played a dude with a team full of IFs with the charming club name "SKILLUAWAY" and beat him 4-1.

Edit: Just played a match against a dude, constant stuttering whenever I get the ball or challenge for it, gave away a penalty somehow in the first ten minutes without even doing anything. I was controlling a guy on the wing and just as the ball was crossed a penalty was given :s Then my computer decided to update my graphics driver while playing. It didn't shut down the game, just gave it a gray screen so I can't play the second half, only listen to it. Ah well.

Well, there are no tips to share because opening packs is random. You're better off spending your coins on trading. I guess the only advice to share is to buy bronze packs and sell everything in there because there is a decent chance you'll make a profit.

You can quit before the 5 minute mark on the in-game clock except in Ultimate Team.

Thanks, got to say though I am hooked on Ultimate Team. I made the mistake of buying silver and bronze packs though, man the auction house has some pretty world class players for cheap! I have so many bronze players and feel gutted I spent so much on them.

Any tips on getting a good team chemistry, right now I am just buying whoever, should I focus my purchases on players from specific countries/ clubs?

I'm going to need to get a macro for the amount of times I explain UT fundamentals. Haha. Next time I'm on a computer and not my iPad ill get a write up posted for you. Stick with a theme of nation or league for a team purchase players in the proper formation and position and you'll be at 100% in no time.

I'm going to need to get a macro for the amount of times I explain UT fundamentals. Haha. Next time I'm on a computer and not my iPad ill get a write up posted for you. Stick with a theme of nation or league for a team purchase players in the proper formation and position and you'll be at 100% in no time.

Haha thanks man - I'f it's easier I could search for your last write up - I generally had a look online for advice but because I'm so new to it I kinda want to just buy good players which I find for cheap and jam them into my team rather than focus on chemistry lol. I already know that's wrong though!

Kelas

Haha thanks man - I'f it's easier I could search for your last write up - I generally had a look online for advice but because I'm so new to it I kinda want to just buy good players which I find for cheap and jam them into my team rather than focus on chemistry lol. I already know that's wrong though!

Chemistry is important, so yeah, stick with either one country or one league and build based on that. There's a chemistry score for each player based on individual stuff like preferred formation and position, and team stuff, like linking up with players from their own country, league, or club. You don't have to get everything perfect to get 100 chemistry, but you should aim for the ones that will be easiest to lock down. Choose a preferred formation before you build your squad, and once you've chosen the type of team you're building, search for players in that formation for the positions required. It's much easier to buy a player with a formation and position perfectly set for your choice, but there can be price differences depending on the formation or position that player is in (some formation and position consumables are very pricey because of their demand - eg. 4-1-2-1-2 formation cards can go for up to 10k a piece, and CAM -> CM, and CF -> ST position cards can go for similarly high prices).

Just as general advice, if you've made a very specific search for a player, let's say: position: ST, formation: 4-1-2-1-2, league: Barclay's PL, club: Manchester UTD - you might see Van Persie going for 50K or 60K coins (note: this is a relatively fictitious example). If you did another search, removing the 4-1-2-1-2 requirement, you might be able to get Van Persie for 25K coins, then buy a formation card for 8K coins, saving a huge amount comparatively. Always do a non-specific search on players to see the baseline that those players are going for, to make sure you're not missing out on a better deal, or getting gouged by some charlatan.

Also, it can often be cheaper to buy a 4-1-2-1-2 player, for example, rather than buying them in another formation and buying a formation card separately. Just be sure to do your research and don't spend coins unnecessarily.

Thanks for the write up - I am getting some clarity on things now!

That post does raise questions about the formation I should be using though - I currently play a 4-3-3 but actually 4-1-2-1-2 looks very similar if not slightly better - is there an easy way to test out different formations and see what works well? I'm guessing the only way is to play friendly games and edit a teams formation till I get to try everything out?

There don't seem to be preset practise modes I can use?

Kelas

Thanks for the write up - I am getting some clarity on things now!

That post does raise questions about the formation I should be using though - I currently play a 4-3-3 but actually 4-1-2-1-2 looks very similar if not slightly better - is there an easy way to test out different formations and see what works well? I'm guessing the only way is to play friendly games and edit a teams formation till I get to try everything out?

There don't seem to be preset practise modes I can use?

Yeah there's no real easy way to test them. I just tried them with the players I already had, which isn't ideal, but gives you an idea of how it feels. There are some guides out there that cover the pros and cons of each formation. A lot of them you'll know you won't want. Like, if you don't fancy the idea of 5 defenders, you can discount 3 or 4 formations straight away.

Good Writeup Kelas!

Two sources I use:

ultimatedb.nl (site that keeps track of the going rates of players on the auction block)
futhead.com (site that allows you to see player stats, make up squads, and see what other players think of the athletes)

I use futhead to mess around with builds before I go out and make a team. I also recommend just getting a team to 100% chemistry first and then upgrade/make a new team. Most players that have the teams full of IF or TOTS players are total shit, so don't think they're going to be great.

TOTS :: Team of the Season :: Special version of players that comes out at the end of the season (now)
IF :: In-form :: players of the weak. They release special versions of players who had a great week in real life
SIF :: Second In-Form :: When a player has a great week in real life and already has an in-form they get a second even better version

Kelas

God damnit. Just got a hot ZERO coins for beating the Bundesliga TOTS 2-0 on ultimate. How has this still not been fixed.

Kelas

Oh many should this be worth? More than a usual match?

Yeah you get a reward based on the difficulty you take on - ultimate should have given me an extra 1000 coins on top of the ~500 coins for the match itself.

wow that must be as annoying as it gets!
I kinda quit UT about a month ago, still thinking about going back!

Did you quit for any particular reason? I keep going back to it every week because it's such an easy thing to pick up and play, but I almost always end up regretting it due to some dumb problem.

Yeah you get a reward based on the difficulty you take on - ultimate should have given me an extra 1000 coins on top of the ~500 coins for the match itself.

Did you quit for any particular reason? I keep going back to it every week because it's such an easy thing to pick up and play, but I almost always end up regretting it due to some dumb problem.

Oh awesome, I could probably top up my bank account by getting in some of that then.

Any advice on this plan:
Since I punched above my weight and am bound to lose the single player league I am in, I have stocked my team up with bronze players and am just going to afk the matches. The computer can have those wins.

Using the money I get (I will prob still get 400 per match and then a further 2000 for demotion) I will buy managers which extend my contract life (ill aim for about 20%), this will allow me to sustain my gold team and finally invest into better gold players.

Just to keep my bronze team alive I will do the bronze tournament a couple of times to get the contracts but if contracts expire with my bronze players rather than investing in bronze contracts I will probably just try and buy a better bronze squad (since they go for so cheap, probably just as expensive to buy a new player as it is to buy a contract, I doubt this will be a problem because the bronze tourney is so easy I can use players well out of position and still easily win)

This seems fairly long winded (a couple of bronze tourneys, afk'ing the rest of my offline season, and a bunch of coins spent on managers before even investing any more into my team!), but will probably allow me to save a bunch in the longer term when it comes to gold player contracts? Any words of advice?

I really hate contracts lol.

Oh man was playing the game that would have got me promoted and my connection drops.

Im pretty sure its xbox live thats the problem too since I can connect to my PC just fine. What the hell!

While im here, odd question about player fitness. If I dont play for a few real life days, will the fitness go up? I know resting them and letting other players play works, but I wonder if real time passing can make a difference?

No. Fitness only goes up if the player is in your squad but not playing in an active match

Ah thanks, thats a shame but its not hard to sort out I suppose.

I have played the hell out of ultimate team but have now hit a wall in terms of knowing who to buy next. I have gone for a 4-3-3 Liga BBVA team and have:

LW - Pedro (David Villa in reserve)
ST - Soldado (Higuan in reserve)
RW - Sanchez

CM - Song (Borja Valero Reserve)
CM - Benat (Essien Reserve)
CM - De Marcos.

LB - Fabio Contreao
CB - Macherano (Pique in reserve.)
CB - Puyol
RB - Arberloa

GK - Diego Lopez.

It seems like the next set of players worth buying are a LOT more money and they don't seem that much better.

Any suggestions on who to pick up for my squad? I am tempted to get a new RB but actually Arberloa has done well.

My midfield feels especially weak, so perhaps I could upgrade there?

Kelas

Just a quick note to say: fuck this game and the laggy online controls and ridiculous button memory.

I thank you.

Yep. Delayed tackles and "accidentally" passing the ball into empty space or shooting because you pressed a button to win the ball 3 seconds ago. I really want to uninstall the game but unfortunately I play local multiplayer occasionally so can't :(

Pachimari

Is there really no classic players I can unlock in this game?

Also, why is it that I scored a goal in the first minute, my opponent then quits and I'm not awarded my 3 points in Seasons?

I've probably spend a hundred bucks on packs in this game and opened a good 300+ packs and the ONLY player worth anything I ever got was in form lampard that sold for 80k.

I was one measly point away from winning the online division 1 title... 1 point.

Absolutely Gutting.

I think I may move away from ultimate team and try seasons now - may go after that title in the future :(

How can anyone say there isn't scripting in this game. How many times have there been goals scored in the 45th and 90th minutes vs all other times. How many games have you played where your team is scrambling around like jackasses while other games they are sharp and crisp. It's so obvious man.

Mascot

How can anyone say there isn't scripting in this game. How many times have there been goals scored in the 45th and 90th minutes vs all other times. How many games have you played where your team is scrambling around like jackasses while other games they are sharp and crisp. It's so obvious man.

I know. I truly believe that if you are winning 1-0 in the 43rd or 88th minute your team stats go down and your opponent's stats get a boost to make things "oooooh... exciting!". You can almost guarantee conceding due to some bullshit clumsy defending, misplaced pass or (the classic) your goalkeeper palming a weak shot into the path of an unmarked attacker.

Every time I play this game online I ask myself why I put myself through it.

Kelas

I stopped playing online, and turned to games like Flight Control HD when I wanted something to just pick up and play. Who knew frustration was so universal.

enderep12

Neo Member
Okay this is frustrating but HOW do I play an offline match? Like just a friendly match.

It should be in the main menu and is called EAs FC Match Day or something along that line...

Edit:
So, now you're allowed to guess which side I was (-_-) - translation should not be necessary:
fifa.jpg

Also: my goalie = Neuer, his goalie = Wiese... He had, except of the Bundesliga GK a full Italian squad...

enderep12

Neo Member
On a completely different note:

What do you guys think about FIFA 14 so far?

It's a shame only the next gen consoles will get the Ignite Engine... It would've been so easy to port that to the PC...

But no, PC and X360+PS3 will only get a mediocre new version of FIFA 13...

It should be in the main menu and is called EAs FC Match Day or something along that line...

Edit:
So, now you're allowed to guess which side I was (-_-) - translation should not be necessary:
fifa.jpg

Also: my goalie = Neuer, his goalie = Wiese... He had, except of the Bundesliga GK a full Italian squad...

Shouldn't have given up 7 shots on target

ATF487

Holy shit I just had 5 people in a row quit on me. What is with this?

I understand quitting if the connection is bad but I swear, for every game I get to play there are 2-3 games where the person quits on me instantly.

Is it possible to have a feature where voluntary quitting is an instant loss? Like "DBagMcGee wants to quit the match, do you accept?" and if I say no then he loses?

Top Bottom