• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Maybe it depends on the star rating of your team. I'm in division two and play with PSV (4 star) with a standard 4-2-3-1 formation and standard tactics. I mostly play against teams like Ajax, Saint-Etienne, Everton, Sunderland etc. and nobody is playing 8-0-2 or whatever...

Funny, because I play as either PSV or Aston Villa and that is all I saw. I saw Everton, Schalke, Spartak Moskva, CSKA Moskva, and I think that is all.

EDIT: For clarification, I don't mean a literal empty midfield. I mean one where only his forwards cross the halfway line.

sneaky77

Maybe it depends on the star rating of your team. I'm in division two and play with PSV (4 star) with a standard 4-2-3-1 formation and standard tactics. I mostly play against teams like Ajax, Saint-Etienne, Everton, Sunderland etc. and nobody is playing 8-0-2 or whatever...

Is 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 in Ultra Defensive which feels like 8 or 7 defenders for the most part since their midfield stays back so far.

Is 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 in Ultra Defensive which feels like 8 or 7 defenders for the most part since their midfield stays back so far.
Yeah I get that, but I haven't encountered it. I haven't played the last couple of weeks so maybe it's gotten worse....

Animals: what squad do you use with PSV?

Mine:

Tyton
Hutchinson Jorgensen Marcelo Pieters
Van Bommel Strootman
Narsingh Wijnaldum Mertens
Lens

I keep Toivonen benched unless I want to force some headers. :)

Yeah I get that, but I haven't encountered it. I haven't played the last couple of weeks so maybe it's gotten worse....

Animals: what squad do you use with PSV?

Mine:

Tyton
Hutchinson Jorgensen Marcelo Pieters
Van Bommel Strootman
Narsingh Wijnaldum Mertens
Lens

I keep Toivonen benched unless I want to force some headers. :)

Usually a 3-5-2 with

Tyton
Derijeck Jorgensen Marcelo
Van Bommel Strootman
Narsingh Toivonen Mertens
Matavz Lens

I'll bring on Wijnaldum early second half for Toivonen or Van Bommel or move Toivonen to a striker spot and put Wijnaldum on if I really need to cross the ball into the box. Usually I work the ball through Van Bommel or Mertens. Van Bommel has a beast of a shot.

Zia

I only post in here to complain, but: currently stuck in Division 3 in Seasons. Had to win to get promoted to Division 2. Play two games, score within 2' game time in each, my opponent quits both games and I'm not credited the win. Play a third game against Manchester City where my opponent scores a hat-trick with Balotelli and steals two goal-scoring breakaways from me (a red in each instance). I manage to tie 3-3. Stuck in Div 3.

Boo.

What's the the update do?

Made my AI squadmates go crazy in Seasons. First I had two games post-patch where my team played like some dumb fools, then followed by three games where my AI players were brilliant when I'm not controlling them...

EA, if you put momentum and form in the game, how about letting us know visually, just like Konami does pre-match when setting up the squad.

Mascot

Well, switching from dirty 2.5meg broadband to 25ms ping 40meg fibre has made precisely FUCK ALL difference to the quality of the FIFA online experience. Still got sluggish controls, still getting laggy games, still herding chickens around the pitch.

As I suspected all along, it's probably EA's shitty ancient net code that makes this game a fucking chore online most of the time.

Got so frustrated while playing Seasons yesterday, it really does feel like you're fighting the game at times.

Often I'll have responsive controls and it'll run smoothly, but recently it's been severe lag in every other game.

At times my passes feel like they connect too effortlessly, while in another match my passes will be intercepted constantly. It makes every game feel like its been decided by the AI before kick off tbh.

Worst part last night was dominating a match throughout the game leading 1-0, and then conceding a very very soft penalty in the, you guessed it, 90th minute, or another game where I had three times the amount of shots on goal but managed to lose 2-0 with two cheap goals.

Varth

Is there any spectator mode? I recall the devs announced it was in the works, but can't seem to find it. Also, how do you play coop in seasons mode?

I think I'll switch to manual passing for seasons...automatic just leads to so many frustrations or balls landing right at my opponents feet.

I really don't like the idea that I could face two people playing together. That creates such a distinct advantage in my opinion. Might explain some of my games though.

If you want to start using manual passing, try playing the Unranked H2H Custom Games from the Xbox Live menu. I usually do that about six months into the cycle because I get bored.

I really don't like the idea that I could face two people playing together. That creates such a distinct advantage in my opinion. Might explain some of my games though.

If you want to start using manual passing, try playing the Unranked H2H Custom Games from the Xbox Live menu. I usually do that about six months into the cycle because I get bored.

It's easier against them most of the time unless they are actually good! They both run for the same tackles and create so much room to exploit!

Pachimari

Started my first career in offline today and bought Radamel Falcao to Real Madrid (yes, have been a madridista for more than a decade) for €55 million+Lass. He scored 2 goals in his first match for me. Benzema and Falcao will be deadly with Higuain and Morata as options as well. Unfortunately Cristiano Ronaldo want to find a new club after his contract expires, so I'm thinking about adding Oscar, Hazard or Mata or someone else for left field, suggestions for a talent? I'll bring back Carvajal for right back next season.

Linius

Fucking third division is jinxed. Everytime I take a 1 or 2 goal lead and still I manage to lose every fucking game. I suck badly.

sneaky77

Fucking third division is jinxed. Everytime I take a 1 or 2 goal lead and still I manage to lose every fucking game. I suck badly.

the really annoying thing for me is everyone plays the same exact way.. same tactics.. ugh. Or at least 95% the people I play

sneaky77

Lol, I got relegated again. Did one round of division four aaaand I'm back :p

End of the road for me?

I been stuck on div 3 the last 3 seasons.. barely staying up at around 14 pts or so. It seems like after I get the 12 pts my team forgets how to make a pass or score a goal

Linius

I been stuck on div 3 the last 3 seasons.. barely staying up at around 14 pts or so. It seems like after I get the 12 pts my team forgets how to make a pass or score a goal

That would be a big step for me at the moment. First time division three got me five points, the second time was even worse with three points. Hope I can avoid relegation this season.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'm just tired of the constant lob through pass in ultimate team. I'm in division 1 but I almost get relegated every season.

Messi is underrated so no point in picking Barca. I wish Colombia was only 4 stars but I'm glad Portugal got bumped up to 5 stars from 4.5

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Man, started playing random people in seasons and I was instantly reminded why I dislike FIFA.

Lately Ive been playing with friends, and we decide not to score goals like, you know, this:

A8lh26eCMAAWsOL.jpg

And we play with manual or semi controls, which at least ensures you dont score with every freaking breakaway (which happen way too often)

In online, all that goes out the window, it sucks. Im dominating the games and losing like 4-1 every one. Its frustrating as hell ... and even if I pick to sort people that only play with semi controls ... the game cant find anybody!

Losing I can deal with, losing because my opponent scores the exact same goal 3 times in a row? Fucking game...

Pachimari

Man, started playing random people in seasons and I was instantly reminded why I dislike FIFA.

Lately Ive been playing with friends, and we decide not to score goals like, you know, this:

A8lh26eCMAAWsOL.jpg

And we play with manual or semi controls, which at least ensures you dont score with every freaking breakaway (which happen way too often)

In online, all that goes out the window, it sucks. Im dominating the games and losing like 4-1 every one. Its frustrating as hell ... and even if I pick to sort people that only play with semi controls ... the game cant find anybody!

Losing I can deal with, losing because my opponent scores the exact same goal 3 times in a row? Fucking game...
This picture makes me all kinds of furious. Happens... All the time.

Just got promoted to the infamous div3. Div4 was complete shit and I hated every bit of it. First match in div3 and it was a much nicer experience compared to all my matches in div4. So far so good...
I'll stop with seasons if it starts sucking as div4...

Yea. I got out of Div3 the other night. It felt good. Div2 is more of the same. I'd even say the quality is better as far as who you play isn't quite as exploitative and are just strong players.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I think Im done playing random people online.

Like, everything that is bad about the game is exacerbated to the nth degree, and every single person Ive played with so far has been a dick

The following all happened in different matches, and Im sure Im not the only one whos experienced these:

-Opponent rage quits when you get ahead
-dude puts his character next to my goalie, so when I kicked the ball its bounced off of him and into the net. Made me watch the replay
-the other guy has auto shooting, so every shot he takes goes in
-opponent is winning by 2 at the 70th minute, decides to stop playing and pass the ball between defenders and goalie. The AI in my team never recognizes this, so all my players are in my half of the field. Cant do anything about it
-you shoot 10 times, score nothing, other guy scores 3 goals in 3 shots, all the goals are the same
-45th or 90th minute = goal I actually tied a game I was losing 2-0 on the 90th minute, only to have the guy I was playing against score again right away, also in the 90th minute
-They wont let you make a short pass with the goalie because theyre always harrassing the defense
-All the inherently wrong things with the game such as crazy speed, horrible first touch , 30 breakaways per game, stupid goalies that only save certain shots, never catch other types, the teammate AI being braindead, etc etc cant be fixed with sliders because you have to stick to default for online games

It always feels like theyre playing to win vs. trying to play soccer. 0 fun for me, only gonna play with people I know, or gaffers from now on

Varth

Is there any spectator mode? I recall the devs announced it was in the works, but can't seem to find it.

Anyone? :(

Seems to me that many features of this game are lost in a sea of confusing menus. Of course, it might be the fact that I'm a noob to FIFA, but the fact that many long time players seem to be confused about coop being in or not (it is: pressing triangle before a match allows to login a guest account) seems to indicate it's not a noob thing.

Anyone? :(

Seems to me that many features of this game are lost in a sea of confusing menus. Of course, it might be the fact that I'm a noob to FIFA, but the fact that many long time players seem to be confused about coop being in or not (it is: pressing triangle before a match allows to login a guest account) seems to indicate it's not a noob thing.

No spectator mode. I wish they would include it.

Well, I finally benched Lewandowski from my main team (all Bundesliga) Also sold off Salassi my RB...

Had about 100k in coins and grabbed the popular Bundesliga players everyone else has.
Got Reus up front with Gomez and Piszczek as my RB now.

Add in the fact that I dont care about not being a dick and I'm playing Ultra D every game now...WOW! Won first division easily :)

Just picked up Sanatna too, deciding who to bench...Dante or Boateng..

Division 2 promotion fuck yea.

1 game remaining in div3 with 20 points maybe i also snatch the title.

edit: lost :(

In other news EA finally released the FUT app fro android.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Just started Manager mode since like FIFA 10. What's a good way to find good, young players again?

Linius

Division 2 promotion fuck yea.

1 game remaining in div3 with 20 points maybe i also snatch the title.

edit: lost :(

In other news EA finally released the FUT app fro android.

I managed to stay in division three for the second time in a row. Again with thirteen points. Hopefully I can finally make it to division two next season.

Top Bottom