• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 23 - Mar 1 | Radio Bryheem Presents: Kosmos

I hope he isn't rusty, he finally needs to nab him an EVO win in Mahvel. I doubt F. Champ, Justin or Flocker (fell off the radar big time) will be winning it. First two will definitely get to top 8 though.

Justin was one drop combo from back to back EVO Championship....

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Cosmos is the most interesting NYC player to come along since ChrisG left.

His Morri patterns are wonderful, he adapts fast. He is even more optimised than ChrisG when it comes to overall movement with every character, and he plays his Vergil Doom like RF does. Very impressed.

RayRay his biggest "rival" (more like bopping bag) on the other hand when he is not licking up Noel Brown's second in the sack does silly stuff that in high pressure he drops he did horrible this weekend and the salt was real. After making top 8 last years evo RayRay acts like a back handed bitch on twitter along with his buddies "coach" Steve and Mr Salty Fuck Flux when it comes to new real threats.

Cosmos is frankly the best thing to happen to the NYC scene in a long time. I see on twitter already F-Champ wants to setup a MM with Cosmos but he has to give the kid time to develop and not force something too early.

Lets see how the NYC scene adapts will they just bitch and cry like they use to when ChrisG owned their souls or will actually force Cosmos to keep improving and getting better by beating him?

phaonaut

So haven't been following FGC but who's the new morridoom guy? Is he better than Chris G? Is Chris G even still playing? Is he EC or WC now? And why is EG still called EG? Didn't they sell to a company that was parented by Twitch?

He doesn't seem better than Chris G, just better than the players at Curleh and Winter Brawl. Can't tell until he plays against some of the marvel gods, which I don't think he has at least not recently.

Astarte

I'm trying to tone down my thirst for Dungeon Fighter by playing Xrd, Touhou Soku netplay, and Monster Hunter.
My thirst is still there, I need more fighting games in my life.

4r5

I tried once. I posted an article about the purpose of meter gain on hit and strategies around it from a fighting game dev/player. It was ignored to talk about The Order reviews.

I read it and thought it was interesting, but was too busy with Xrd sessions to fire up Skullgirls to dig deeper in to what it was saying and how it differs from other games.

Speaking of which, I need to setup more sessions and have a talk with VR and RoverRuckus.

Vice

I hope he isn't rusty, he finally needs to nab himself an EVO win in Mahvel. I doubt F. Champ, Justin or Flocker (fell off the radar big time) will be winning it. First two will definitely get to top 8 though.

Champ and Justin play a lot still. Champ constantly has sessions at FGTV house and Justin plays with the SoCal guys a lot. Chris will show up to SoCal events sporadically and clean up.

I think Flocker plays still, but Florida is another dimension so no one knows

Tripon

Last time Chris G streamed, it was Him playing for glory mode in Smash 4. I know he started as a Smash player but that was a bit weird.

Champ and Justin play a lot still. Champ constantly has sessions at FGTV house and Justin plays with the SoCal guys a lot. Chris will show up to SoCal events sporadically and clean up.

I think Flocker plays still, but Florida is another dimension so no one knows

justin basically only plays snaketits lol and its pretty free for justin.

sonicfox is definitely the next justin wong. Nobody even comes close. Not knuckledu, or the fei player in florida. Dude wins multiple tournaments at the same time against competent players.

This is true, but Snake has more fans than someone like KBrad. So his personality isn't exactly carrying his performances.

@MarkMan23 · 8h 8 hours ago
The Beast is coming back in more ways than you can hope/dream for. :D

iAFurEtuTbHK6.gif
Didn't think Daigo liked Smash.
Top players reaction to someone outside of their clique winning is fucking annoying.

Great for entertainment though.

Wouldn't everyone like to see SonicFox play SF? Not that he needs to prove himself, but just that it would be cool to see him playing SF.

Anne

It'd be interesting I guess? His flaws have started to show in other subgenres though, and competition in SF is a lot higher level. If he gets over young man syndrome and keeps exploring games he could end up being really great.

petghost

Banned
Just saw that infiltration valmaster gf. Great set.

Also just played melty for the first time (like 6 years too late) it's really fun

Malice215

Couldn't find any stream information on it so I left it out. Is it being streamed?

The event is just a few days away and there's still no stream information for it which I don't even understand for a big event like this.

As for SonicFox, he's not going to get the credit due because he's not playing anything made by Capcom. To have so much success in so many dissimilar games in this day and age is incredible, and I've seen him come on the scene and do well since the beginning.

As for Cosmos, everybody complains about Morrigan/Doom/Vergil, not just on the east coast. The problem is that there's no longer an active tournament scene for Marvel on the east coast like there still is for Street Fighter, which is why the lesser known players are now getting their shine, the more notable players are sitting in 9th place, and someone like MarlinPie who hasn't competed in UMVC3 in who knows how long was able to place second.

Hopefully yesterday's results light some fire under people's asses, but I doubt it. And Cosmos needs to get more experience outside of the Tristate before he takes on someone like FChamp.

FSLink

Banned
Anybody here have a Titan One dongle?

Does it still have input drops/USB port damaging that the CronusMAX had?

11002579_10152828670626785_2813304854498571528_n.png

Japanese Livestream
Start Date: Feb 25, 2015 11:00 AM
End Date: Feb 25, 2015 05:00 PM
Time Zone: Asia/Tokyo +09:00 JST

The Last Round - Online Weeklies
Start Date: Feb 28, 2015 10:00 AM
End Date: Feb 28, 2015 04:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -08:00 PST

e11ec994e4.gif

unf!

Start Date: Feb 25, 2015 11:00 AM
End Date: Feb 25, 2015 05:00 PM
Time Zone: Asia/Tokyo +09:00 JST

Start Date: Feb 25, 2015 11:00 AM -> 6:00 PM EST
End Date: Feb 25, 2015 05:00 PM -> 3:00 AM EST

Start Date: Feb 28, 2015 10:00 AM
End Date: Feb 28, 2015 04:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -08:00 PST

Start Date: Feb 28, 2015 10:00 AM -> 1:00 PM EST
End Date: Feb 28, 2015 04:00 PM -> 7:00 PM EST

Rhapsody

Banned
Yuzu da bes.

Why nanase and byakuya is not out in the arcades though lol

Their excuse was that porting over the new characters to the arcade version isn't a simple copy and paste. Which for all we know could be true.
I wouldn't be surprised if their port ended up so weird regarding coding.

mbpm1

birdman deserved it
really cool film

Birdman was passably half-clever 2000 and late material tho, and it doing well reflects badly on the movie scene this year like Cosmos on the EC.

Only half serious don't kill me

My god, Infiltration's first tournament with Decapre and he wins it all, and in dominant fashion. He's so fucking good

people still don't know the Decapre matchup though

Spuck-uk

Banned
That's how she wins the matchup

A character no one asked for and no one plays.

We got quite a few over the pond, I'm one of them. Ask me about having no anti air normals worth a shit.

FWIW she's really solid, but incredibly free to Gief

Top Bottom