• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 23 - Mar 1 | Radio Bryheem Presents: Kosmos

From what I know of Fox he just doesn't care about Capcom games. I don't think the money matters to him and I doubt he feels the need to prove anything either. The kid is super humble and just plays cause he thinks it's fun and these games are cool.

Did you guys know his brother is MC Kwiggle? One of the few DOA players that beats Fox. I don't think he ever played much MK and he only played Injustice casually. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes MKX seriously with his brother and does well.

I've played Fox a few times in MK and Injustice. He's ridiculously talented. I think he'd do well in any game he plays. For what it's worth I am confident I could do well in any game too.

So now that I have a bit of time, I've set up a spread sheet for the Q fund this year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CaY-ivbUOZpjdHwDw0ZLATnMDIWTfNMfNbYwzWwBvEg/edit#gid=0

Details are in the sheet. We should at least get registration done really soon to secure the passes.

I need to do that myself too but I still can't decide on games, lol.

I can put in some more if needed

From what I know of Fox he just doesn't care about Capcom games. I don't think the money matters to him and I doubt he feels the need to prove anything either. The kid is super humble and just plays cause he thinks it's fun and these games are cool.

Did you guys know his brother is MC Kwiggle? One of the few DOA players that beats Fox. I don't think he ever played much MK and he only played Injustice casually. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes MKX seriously with his brother and does well.

I've played Fox a few times in MK and Injustice. He's ridiculously talented. I think he'd do well in any game he plays. For what it's worth I am confident I could do well in any game too.

yea I heard them mention on stream that kwiggle was his bro

Xevren

Watching Sonic Fox and Kwiggle play DOA is ridiculous, hell that's what the grand final was yesterday.

Shouta

Yeah, DOA5::LR Grand Finals was fun. Lots of good stuff in there with string staggers and counter reads getting bopped by throws. Some of those optimal combos did mad damage and looked cool, lol.

We'll figure out the gathering process later, might do it like last year and have folks send to me but we need to secure enough first.

So now that I have a bit of time, I've set up a spread sheet for the Q fund this year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CaY-ivbUOZpjdHwDw0ZLATnMDIWTfNMfNbYwzWwBvEg/edit#gid=0

Details are in the sheet. We should at least get registration done really soon to secure the passes.

I got my tax return today, so I'll be making hotel reservations. Is there a huge difference between Bally's and Paris aside from the cost? I'm thinking about skipping Paris because of the cost, but maybe someone with more knowledge could help me out. I also heard one of them was closer to the venue?

Shouta

Bally's is closer to the venue as it's the same one as 2012. The Indigo Tower Classic,which should be the new name for the North Tower, is 1-2 minutes from the elevator to the ball room.

Double post, but whatever. Is it going to matter if I list the other 3 occupants as children so I can avoid having to put in names and email addresses? lol

Bally's is closer to the venue as it's the same one as 2012. The Indigo Tower Classic,which should be the new name for the North Tower, is 1-2 minutes from the elevator to the ball room.

Sure sounds much better than the 10 or so minutes of walking you had to do in 2012 if you stayed at the Paris because that's where they said the event would be :T

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Added a little section in the OP about the #PutQinEVO Fund. Let me know if any of the info is wrong or if there's something I can change.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Xrd and Smash 4 are what I want to play, I think nic wanted a shot at smash 4 *I'll have him pay for that*

Sf4 is playable on ps4 pad this year but eh I havent really been interested in it x.x

Alright, room is booked. I'll have to call them a bit later so I can confirm that we'll have a handicap-accessible room (fucking last year, omg), but for now everything seems solid.

Full disclosure on the price: $440 (not including taxes, but that's whatever). A friend of mine is joining us in the room, which makes it 4 people, and he's already filled in on everything. He's just wondering how much he needs to give me for the room. I dunno how much people wanted to chip in, but we've got months of time so I can give him a price down the line.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Alright, room is booked. I'll have to call them a bit later so I can confirm that we'll have a handicap-accessible room (fucking last year, omg), but for now everything seems solid.

LOL That shit was so fucking stupid last year.

*gives handicap room that is listed as under maintenance*

*"Oh sorry we'll give you a new room" Gives a non handicap room*

*"Oh sorry" and finally get a proper room*

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
At least the maintenance guy was polite lol

Running into him later on was pretty funny hahaha

Did your room actually get discounted after all that? I remember you mentioning something was off on the price.

Edit: Also finding that ad for that pizza place on the ground was a godsend

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
tumblr_nk8tburbwu1slig2vo1_400.gif

damage in this game
luv it

Shouta

I still can't believe they had to move you so many times, it was dumb, lol. Bally's is way better than the LVH as a hotel though, despite the LVH/Westgate's convention halls being boss as fuck.

Put me down for $150. When do you need it by Ippan Shouta?

Not until we've secured enough pledges.

Couldn't find any stream information on it so I left it out. Is it being streamed?

The event is just a few days away and there's still no stream information for it which I don't even understand for a big event like this.

It's ridiculous. They have so many great players and they might not stream it? Either that or they have not advertised who is streaming it at all.

Some events need to do a better job of advertising their tournament and stream.

Marvel used to be the hot topic of these threads all the time

I stopped posting in this thread when that happened. :lol

Started to only post in sf tournament threads.

Kumubou

I tried once. I posted an article about the purpose of meter gain on hit and strategies around it from a fighting game dev/player. It was ignored to talk about The Order reviews.
I wanted to comment on this but I've been at work, as it's something that is hardly unique to this community. I actually did read that forum post and thought a bit about what Mike Z wrote, but... what can I really say about that? There is a lot going on there for both a player and the designer, but it's all context sensitive. Meter gain and scaling that may make sense in one game would make absolutely no sense in another. Adjustments players make are dependent on the game, the match-up, and even the specific match circumstance. Whereas what makes sense for a designer is really dependent on how else meter is gained, how quickly it happens, what players can do with those resources, etc. etc.. There's no general answer. I could write something about it, but I doubt people would want to read two pages on meter management in something like UNIEL or F/UC.

Whereas for something silly like The Order reviews, what happened is comparatively simple enough that everyone can have an expert opinion. On the Internet nowadays, there's nothing more important than getting your hot take out here and now. No one has time for nuance. It's something that happens everywhere, though -- the more complicated something is, the less time people spend debating it because the more involved something is, the less likely anyone has any understanding of it, so it just gets glossed over. Whereas something relatively simple is also well-understood, and people are willing to get into arguments over the most minute details. What's easier to have an argument over: the tax code or where to get lunch?

tumblr_nk8tburbwu1slig2vo1_400.gif

damage in this game
luv it
That's 90s damage. The damage of a UMvC3 combo in 1/20th of the time.

Maybe Cannes will be on Armshouse as Euro streams seem to often be

When? idk

I checked their website and twitter (gamesline) and there is no information on the stream. If Armshouse are doing the stream, they should do a better job of letting people know they will stream it.

I think fgc needs more viewers this year than ever or the money will likely decrease for next year's tournaments. Letting people know of the stream and tournament well ahead of time is important in getting a lot of viewers.

Running into him later on was pretty funny hahaha

Did your room actually get discounted after all that? I remember you mentioning something was off on the price.

Edit: Also finding that ad for that pizza place on the ground was a godsend

They knocked an entire night off the total price, which was around $90 IIRC. And yeah, that pizza place ended up having good stuff.

GGs Beats, those matches were intense. First day focusing on Palutena. It is annoying how good you are at DIing her throws. :p I need to get setups for your air dodges.

What was more difficult to deal with, Auto Reticle or Explosive Flame? I wish I could have both and get rid of Counter. :p

RM8

Random thought: I'm not sure why it bothers me so much that Tekken 7 costumes are basically the same as the last games, yet it doesn't bother me in Street Fighter V.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This isn't the first time a big event hasn't released their stream information until super close to the actual tournament date. It's pretty frustrating.

Top Bottom