• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 23 - Mar 1 | Radio Bryheem Presents: Kosmos

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I still can't believe they had to move you so many times, it was dumb, lol. Bally's is way better than the LVH as a hotel though, despite the LVH/Westgate's convention halls being boss as fuck.

Not until we've secured enough pledges.

Okay. Give me a heads up in case I'm too busy pushing people off cliffs in raids.

jbug617

Banned
Arc Sys is going big at Sakura Con. They are bringing Mori and some of the Japanese VA (Kana Ueda and Kanako Kondou)to the event also. I guess they will announce the US release for the BBCP Extend there.

Beats

GGs Beats, those matches were intense. First day focusing on Palutena. It is annoying how good you are at DIing her throws. :p I need to get setups for your air dodges.

What was more difficult to deal with, Auto Reticle or Explosive Flame? I wish I could have both and get rid of Counter. :p

Good games. So many SDs. : p

I think I had more trouble with Auto Reticle with Toon Link. Though I should have been more patient because I kept walking into it lol. I'm not sure if I should keep using the Fire arrow over the regular one. It doesn't do much if the arrow hits the opponent.

Shouta

Arc Sys is going big at Sakura Con. They are bringing Mori and some of the Japanese VA (Kana Ueda and Kanako Kondou)to the event also. I guess they will announce the US release for the BBCP Extend there.

Yeah, they just announced them which is pretty awesome. I was expecting just the tourney but bringing Ueda and Kondou in addition to Mori is pretty kickass. Considering it's an anime-con, it makes sense since Ueda does Rin Tohsaka in FSN

Malice215

This isn't the first time a big event hasn't released their stream information until super close to the actual tournament date. It's pretty frustrating.

I tried to help out in that regard, but it really is frustrating, especially when you should have these details worked out well in advance.

Seeing that this in France, it will probably be on Dailymotion somewhere with some long URL.

Nyoro SF

I guess you can call that big. :p
Someone ask Mori if his iM@S game is in planning stages yet.

Worlds-Unite-OTHER-FRACHISES-Promo_IMAGE-1-web-720x1228.jpg

See who you can find in the next Sonic/Megaman crossover. The thread is already up for it too.

shaowebb

Here's hoping that thing above Billy Hatcher's head is Opa Opa from Fantasy Zone and not just an egg.

Man its fun thinking this would become a vs game. I used to idly write up crossover rosters and Sega vs Capcom came up a lot for just fun bored brainstorming times. I kept wanting Death Adder from Golden Ax to come into play and have Tekkaman's javelin throw with his ax and a bunch of Hulk like wall bounces and armor. I'd kill to get anyone from Phantasy Star IV playable in such a title.

MechaX

But... but... Akatsuki looks so swag! And he at least has a projectile... and I love electricity users!

But Shouta (and Dun too by proxy) knows my salt levels. God damnit, now I genuinely have to scope out the rest of the cast seriously now.

Anne

If you wanna play Akatsuki play ABK. It's a pretty good game and he's S tier in it. Papstr posts here, he will tell you all about it. In fact if you think he looks cool you'd probably dig that game anyways.

In UNiEL Akatsuki and Chaos literally have their own tier of non existence unfortunately. Everybody else at least exists in relation to the cast.

Kumubou

UNIEL comes out tomorrow right?

Akatsuki looks interesting. I'm going to play him.
Friends don't let friends play Akatsuki (in UNIEL, anyway).

If you wanna play Akatsuki play ABK. It's a pretty good game and he's S tier in it. Papstr posts here, he will tell you all about it. In fact if you think he looks cool you'd probably dig that game anyways.

In UNiEL Akatsuki and Chaos literally have their own tier of non existence unfortunately. Everybody else at least exists in relation to the cast.
The funny thing is, I wouldn't even put Akatsuki and Chaos on the same tier. Akatsuki is bad but it's possible to imagine a world where he's at least decent with a few tweaks and balance changes. That and God-level players can make him look almost usable. Chaos, though... yikes, he's effectively unplayable and in his current form, unsalvageable.

DunpealD

But... but... Akatsuki looks so swag! And he at least has a projectile... and I love electricity users!

But Shouta (and Dun too by proxy) knows my salt levels. God damnit, now I genuinely have to scope out the rest of the cast seriously now.

Well just scope out the game and get a feel for it and it's systems. You can always use him as a secondary. He is really lag sensitive though.

You mean like the "Oni is banned" tier of non existence? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anne

Friends don't let friends play Akatsuki (in UNIEL, anyway).

The funny thing is, I wouldn't even put Akatsuki and Chaos on the same tier. Akatsuki is bad but it's possible to imagine a world where he's at least decent with a few tweaks and balance changes. That and God-level players can make him look almost usable. Chaos, though... yikes, he's effectively unplayable and in his current form, unsalvageable.

This is true, Chaos is actually labelled as worse in every list.

Fun fact about UNiEL tiers, Hilda is usually listed around A tier now. Ayyeee I was wrong on that one early on.

Shouta

This is true, Chaos is actually labelled as worse in every list.

Fun fact about UNiEL tiers, Hilda is usually listed around A tier now. Ayyeee I was wrong on that one early on.

I told everyone that Hilda was considered pretty up there, lol. =p

Anne

I told everyone that Hilda was considered pretty up there, lol. =p

You were right orz.

Anyways, I couldn't find an OT for DFC so I guess I'll post it here >.<

Tsuntenshi is hosting a set of online exhibitions for DFC tonight at 8PM EST and I'll be streaming them. Here's the tweet with an image of the MUs in it: https://twitter.com/Tsuntenshi/status/569939738410377216

I like DFC but I'm not knowledgeable on it, so the DFC people will be mostly running the show, I'm just providing a stream.

I
I stopped posting in this thread when that happened. :lol

Started to only post in sf tournament threads.

Same here lol, I only posted when SF4 related stuff was talked about. Besides that I mainly retreated to lurking(and occasionally posting) the OT. I pretty much only post in this thread to talk about SF4(or SF in general) related stuff since that's the only game I watch and play.

There's a public vote up on r/kappa for who to send to Final Round.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/2wricd/official_please_vote_on_who_to_sponsor_for_final/

Current top three:

1. Infiltration (c.205 votes)
2. Rize.IND.Pro Fluke (c. 185 votes)
3. Kazunoko (c. 165 votes)

Voting will continue for the next four days.

Ryan Hart, last year's champion, is sitting on eight votes.

It's a popularity vote, what do you expect. Ryan isn't big with the fans. In general Asians(from Asia) still have a pretty big pull with the stream audience over Americans and Euopeans. Which is why I'm quite surprise to see Pro Fluke so high up there. He's actually within reach of Infil but I think Infil will end up getting the free ride.

Papstr

Neo Member

If you wanna play Aka-

Yeah. That. Do that.

Heck if you like electricity users, Akatsuki Blitzkampf has 4 of them. 5 if you want to count Blitztank, as he literally runs on electricity. Being a tank 'n all.

pixelish

how the hell did pro fluke manage to get so many votes? if he were to be chosen as one of the two people getting a free trip to final round, i would not fund the campaign at all because i'm certain this will be a bad ROI. seriously though, has he won a tournament before?

Sayah

Aw I didn't know Q had that condition. :( What a cool guy stuck with a shitty situation. Hope im not bring insensitive and i hope it improves overtime.

You're fighting game skills are calibers over most people despite this and you were kicking ass when I played you in smash and tekken.

how the hell did pro fluke manage to get so many votes? if he were to be chosen as one of the two people getting a free trip to final round, i would not fund the campaign at all because i'm certain this will be a bad ROI. seriously though, has he won a tournament before?

As far as I know, he's a personality. He streams and host tournaments and has a decent Fuerte from what I can tell. Basically I think he's high on the list as a personality rather than as a top player who can actually win FR. Just my guess though.

He probably sent the link to all his friends.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Aw I didn't know Q had that condition. :( What a cool guy stuck with a shitty situation. Hope im not bring insensitive and i hope it improves overtime.

You're fighting game skills are calibers over most people despite this and you were kicking ass when I played you in smash and tekken.

Sadly it's not a condition that improves and pretty much only gets worse.

And thanks but I suck :p

Top Bottom