• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 16-22 | Mo Money, Momochi

Tripon

FTFY.

Its a university with good standards so allowing a mod for it on a Sm4sh stream ain't a good look. Plus a few guest commentators that many people will instantly recognize will be on!

I hate OSes but man does it feel good to limit your opponents options when running away lol
They had Project M at Zenith last year which was hosted at NYU game center. Although I can see why they don't it now in a post Nintendo involved world.

Will there be any SF5 annoucements at FR?

No idea but I hope they have something in store for the first Premier event of the CPT. At least give us the date of USF4 PS4 if nothing else. I have two PS4 sticks on the way and USF4 is the only game so I'd like to use those sticks to play that game on that particular system sooner rather than later.

xCobalt

No idea but I hope they have something in store for the first Premier event of the CPT. At least give us the date of USF4 PS4 if nothing else. I have two PS4 sticks on the way and USF4 is the only game so I'd like to use those sticks to play that game on that particular system sooner rather than later.

I have a feeling PS4 USF4 was delayed. Unless they do that "It'll be available next week!" type of announcement, I'm thinking it'll be released in May or June.

MrDaravon

Yeah, no word on the Ultra PS4 release date is worrying, I'm still afraid that version is going to have some kind of tech issue(s).

Slightly related, did that PS4 fightpad ever come out, think it was a Hori one I believe? I hadn't been paying too much attention to it but I randomly scored a PS4 over the weekend through Amazon Warehouse so it is now relevant to my interests. Wishing I'd picked up GG Xrd when it was on crazy sale on PSN a little while back now.

jerry1594

Yeah, no word on the Ultra PS4 release date is worrying, I'm still afraid that version is going to have some kind of tech issue(s).

Slightly related, did that PS4 fightpad ever come out, think it was a Hori one I believe? I hadn't been paying too much attention to it but I randomly scored a PS4 over the weekend through Amazon Warehouse so it is now relevant to my interests. Wishing I'd picked up GG Xrd when it was on crazy sale on PSN a little while back now.
It did. It's probably hovering around 45-50$

gutabo

Sorry for the delay guys, as you can imagine, it's been one hell of a day.

That is deeply unfortunate. How did it happen?

damn that sucks

Damn, that sucks. Don't worry about Q, we got it.

They'd need your pin to do your bank card though, right? Or was it just a credit card?

That's bullshit. What in the world is wrong with them?

:( Are you not in the US?

Almost all credit cards offer 0% liability so you should get ALL your money back.

EDIT: In the US anyway.

My man gutabo is from Peru, iirc :(

That suck. I hope that you and your wife would get it resolved asap.

Problem is that he's from Peru.

Fuck :( I hope the best for you guys that's freaking horrible.

Shit man, sorry to hear that.

Shit man, that's awful. Sorry to hear it, hoping that you get some good news soon.

Thanks.

First of all, yeah, I'm from Lima, Peru. So. Due to some crap happening in my life (long story "short", after 8 years I was part of the business directory of the company I worked for, CEO decides to GTFO with all the money, we sue him, he sues us back, bribes everyone and while our trial has not even started yet, his trial-where he sued us- is about to end with us losing money to him, and maybe even our freedom. Yes, biggest WTF ever), I'm -legally- dead so my wife has legal control over everything. Some months ago she had to switch to a new bank and they gave her this debit card(band, not chip) with access to all her accounts(she had all her accounts moved to that bank) but we didn't really know about it until yesterday. Someone cloned her debit card-which had no insurance- and got all the money though an ATM -which should not be possible because there are daily limits but still happened in less than 30 minutes.

We found out because the bank called us to ask us about some "shady movements". Seems like it was a part of something bigger because lots of other people's debit/credit cards were cloned yesterday, as we recently found out. Because it's more than USD$5K they can't give the money back to us without some serious investigation and we have to go to an appointment of sorts in 30 days with proof that we didn't get the money from the ATM. Since this bank is crappy as hell they won't give us much more information and we are trying to speak with people that might know people inside to get a clearer picture but so far everyone has told us that we're not getting our money back.

So we went to the police station after spending all the morning at the bank and that was even worse. Cops trying to get money from us to do stuff, cops not really informed about the procedures that we had to do... it was hell and we couldn't even get the paper we wanted to get(we're almost there tho, tomorrow we're supposed to get it).

Still we've received plenty of support from family and friends through facebook and some friends have already offered to contact media outlets and important people from the bank. We're just starting this fight.

On topic: I don't think I choose a main, I think they choose me. Something clicks and that's that.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Sorry for the delay guys, as you can imagine, it's been one hell of a day.

Thanks.

First of all, yeah, I'm from Lima, Peru. So. Due to some crap happening in my life (long story "short", after 8 years I was part of the business directory of the company I worked for, CEO decides to GTFO with all the money, we sue him, he sues us back, bribes everyone and while our trial has not even started yet, his trial-where he sued us- is about to end with us losing money to him, and maybe even our freedom. Yes, biggest WTF ever), I'm -legally- dead so my wife has legal control over everything. Some months ago she had to switch to a new bank and they gave her this debit card(band, not chip) with access to all her accounts(she had all her accounts moved to that bank) but we didn't really know about it until yesterday. Someone cloned her debit card-which had no insurance- and got all the money though an ATM -which should not be possible because there are daily limits but still happened in less than 30 minutes.

We found out because the bank called us to ask us about some "shady movements". Seems like it was a part of something bigger because lots of other people's debit/credit cards were cloned yesterday, as we recently found out. Because it's more than USD$5K they can't give the money back to us without some serious investigation and we have to go to an appointment of sorts in 30 days with proof that we didn't get the money from the ATM. Since this bank is crappy as hell they won't give us much more information and we are trying to speak with people that might know people inside to get a clearer picture but so far everyone has told us that we're not getting our money back.

So we went to the police station after spending all the morning at the bank and that was even worse. Cops trying to get money from us to do stuff, cops not really informed about the procedures that we had to do... it was hell and we couldn't even get the paper we wanted to get(we're almost there tho, tomorrow we're supposed to get it).

Still we've received plenty of support from family and friends through facebook and some friends have already offered to contact media outlets and important people from the bank. We're just starting this fight.

On topic: I don't think I choose a main, I think they choose me. Something clicks and that's that.

Damn... My condolences. It sucks that this happened. Things will get better, at least you and your wife have each other and family to support each other hermano.

Anne

Eh, even having a strict input buffer doesn't stop OSes from being nuts (look at Guilty Gear). I think a better solution is to design systems and predict interactions and OSes through design, and work in a way to make the game interesting. I know Mike Z at least tries this with Skullgirls, but it also helps how quick he can see NOPE and go in and change it.

SF4 has a reputation as OS City, but post Ultra it's actually better in a lot of ways. The big change is that focus shifted from primarily offensive OSes to defensive ones seeing much more use. That's pretty typical of any game, the only thing that makes it prominent is SF4 having the limited options it has. Even then, the defensive stuff at a competitive level is just another option to deal with. The only thing that can be interpreted as bad is the need to know and execute stuff like this, but that's why it's entry level for competitive play. If you're getting into competitive play you signed up to learn a whole bunch of bullshit.

vulva

Just watched the Nine States grand finals since I fell asleep watching it.

Really? That's what you people were bitching about? A couple comments about how Poongko's lack of social awareness is parallel to people with autism/aspergers? That was so tame compared to how it was built up to be. I swear people just love being offended so they can bitch about it.

SF4 OS's have a flavor to them because of the wonky interactions of armor and/or throws and throw techs.

Also, I have not played many games that allow a DP to come out while you hold down-back (except fei long, of course). In KOF (13 at least), if you input a DP correctly but then -immediately- input any direction other than down-forward or forward, you will not get the DP at all.

First of all, yeah, I'm from Lima, Peru. So. Due to some crap happening in my life (long story "short", after 8 years I was part of the business directory of the company I worked for, CEO decides to GTFO with all the money, we sue him, he sues us back, bribes everyone and while our trial has not even started yet, his trial-where he sued us- is about to end with us losing money to him, and maybe even our freedom. Yes, biggest WTF ever), I'm -legally- dead so . . .

dat feeling when in your life being legally dead isn't the biggest WTF ever

you got your life sounding like a suspense thriller, i hope you make it to the credit roll

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Did you all hear about the MM ApologyMan and JWong are gonna have for 1000 bucks? JWong roasted Vineeth by exposing his neutral game lol

The damage scaling... lol, Dante always tries to surpass his limitations through stylish combos that never do a lot of damage.

Thanks, but dat lag, man... I wonder if I can blame the game's netcode or if Dolphin isn't fully optimized yet.

Lag too stronk.

Sorry to hear that Gutabo. I had my CC info taken when I was with my folks on a family vacation. The guy bought 8k in car parts in Brazil. Living in SF I didn't even had a car at the time.
I guess FDIC doesn't exist in your country.

Rhapsody

Banned
I just saw gutabo's post. That sounds awful. I hope things start taking a turn for the better for you as soon as possible.

jbug617

Banned
Shin Blanka posted this on twitter. FR taking over the hotel and Art announced that Shin Blanka got a big room for the after hour streams

CARNJtVVAAA4a1Z.jpg

It's crazy to think how much Momochi improved his Ken in a short time. I mean, he was already a top tier player. I still remember his super close match against Smug at CEO last year. Bodied his Ken 1 game and he went straight to Juri and barely won. Then Infiltration beat him convincingly in GF. That potential rematch at FR is almost as exciting as Bonchan vs Snake!

Yeah Momochi/Infiltration is a great potential runback from last year, not to mention that they just won the two majors that took place this past weekend. Big showdown, with a ton of other killers flying in to try and spoil it.

Anne

SF4 OS's have a flavor to them because of the wonky interactions of armor and/or throws and throw techs.

Also, I have not played many games that allow a DP to come out while you hold down-back (except fei long, of course). In KOF (13 at least), if you input a DP correctly but then -immediately- input any direction other than down-forward or forward, you will not get the DP at all.

That's good to know. Fuzzy DP ( sorry Persona conditioned me to call it this) is an extreme example of this stuff, it makes sense to not allow the buffer if you leave forward. How do throw OSes work in KOF XIII? I imagine they exist but I'm curious if you can mask them in other inputs(besides C/D normals) or if the engine is pretty picky.

So on Sunday, there is an exhibition scheduled after the ultra singles tournament is over. Any guesses to what it is?

Street Fighter Five, winner of the tournament plays against Combofiend using Charlie.

They hand out Charlie T-shirts.

Alternatively it could be Bison instead of Charlie.

Street Fighter Five, winner of the tournament plays against Combofiend using Charlie.

They hand out Charlie T-shirts.

Alternatively it could be Bison instead of Charlie.

Actually that makes a lot of sense. That's exactly what happened last year. Ryan Hart won FR and got to play against Combofiend who was showing off Decapre for the first time. It would be dejavu with Combo using another rushdown charge character who can teleport and shit while the champion will have to choose between Ryu or Chun. I hope this is what happens when USF4 top 8 finishes.

CPS2

What was that super bullshit 3s OS called again? Sggk?
Yeah iirc it was parry then any normal kara cancelled into throw, but depending on what they do the normal can just come out, in which case you cancel into super. Bonus points if you kara cancel something that gives extra range on the throw, so it makes chun even brokener. OS between parry, throw and normal xx super, so it basically beats everything except jumping I think...

NEO0MJ

I still don't apply OS when playing games :(
Wish I would put in the time for it, it's so important these days.

Its that time again...

Wg4QkiX.jpg

Mostly on looks. Pretty shallow, but if that character's gameplay style doesn't fit me I'll look for another one.

Top Bottom