• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 18-24 | FGC Kickstart 101: Cut a deal with the bronies

Dahbomb

I definitely asked for Viper and Spencer (well Rad version which we got as an alt). I was happy with Firebrand too, he was the character that I didn't think I want until I saw him in the game. Only character I can say for sure I did not really want was Nemesis because we were way past the RE quota.

Quite a few people asked for Hsien Ko, I wasn't one of them but I can't knock Capcom for including her. I can knock them for making her garbage though. I would like to have seen a male DS character like Jedah.

Lulubop

I think the UMvC3 roster is pretty much perfect aside from maybe lacking Thanos, and Megaman. Though I do wish they went with some other Darkstalkers characters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
People wanted Spencer. Just not that Spencer.
MvC3/Bionic Arm made that Spencer cool, sorry.

What you got against SonSon? Her transformation is the most DBZ thing we got. I dug her look too.

Holy shit @ the Roomba reference. Roll am cry.
Agreed.

Isn't SonSon based on the same mythology or legends or w/e that Saiyans are? I remember my friend used to always go on about something like that when we played MvC2.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I mean it was smart for them to include the Spencer no one wanted. Pay to play as the not goofy looking one.

Isn't SonSon based on the same mythology or legends or w/e that Saiyans are? I remember my friend used to always go on about something like that when we played MvC2.

Monkey King

though the turning into a giant ape is definitely stolen from Dragon Ball.

Dahbomb

Cable would be fair and balanced in MVC3.

Also forgot that in MVC2 90% of the good assists were anti air. Both players picked an entire team of anti airs... lolol

Plz Fanatiq use god tier Iron Man....

Dahbomb

AHVB in Marvel 3? The fuck out of here.
It's not like you build meter while throwing out random gun shots. Plus Cable would be free to teleport characters, can't do anything about Vergil. At least he has get off me Scimitar against Wolverine.

And LOL @ MVC2 Magneto. 1 frame cr.Ls and mix you up 10 times in a second.

Azure J

>Reading last page about poor Marvel characters
>Chucking Megaman into the fire because no one actually put any work into dude for a fighter

Man, I swear if I ever become a designer, I'll have a homage character that puts the fear of God into you non-believers. :p

toypop

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/大会配信用テスト

Day 3 of 8th Uratougeki tournament by Try tower arcade is currently going on. watching 44 men Iceclimber deathmatch now.
They'll have SF2' rainbow tourney later today.

Day 1 - Space War (Konami 1979)
Day 2 - The Outfoxies (Namco 1995), Tokimemo taisen puzzle-dama (Konami 1995), Ganbare Ginkun (Irem 1995)
Day 3 - Cyberbots (Capcom 1995), VS.Ice Climber (Nintendo 1985), SF2' Rainbow (Capcom/? 1992)

It's the most balanced vs game. :p Pretty sure that's the mass opinion towards it too.

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

People are far too attached to MvC2 from all the evo hype and such over the years. Thankfully hardly anyone plays it anymore.

...and the fact that it's the HYPEST VS. Marvel game? lol

As I say to almost anyone that thinks FF7 or OoT are still amazing. Nostalgia is a bitch.

I don't give a fuck about Final Fantasy, but Ocarina of Time IS STILL AMAZING and I can't even find my nostalgia glasses right now.

So DS2/DS3 = DragonBall
UMvC3 = Dragon Ball Z
TvC = Dragon Ball GT

That's actually pretty insulting to TvC and that game is garbage.

Amingo
Anakaris
Charlie
Dan
Dhalsim (borderline)
Guile
Hayato
Roll
Ruby Heart
Sakura
Servbot
Sonson

You can be sure that nobody asked for these characters. And it's debatable if anyone asked for the likes of M Bison and Zangief, or heck even Ken and Akuma when there's Ryu. Now let's look at the MvC3 Capcom characters that nobody asked for:

Viper
Firebrand
Hsien-Ko (debatable)
RE5 Jill
Nemesis
Spencer

That's about it. And Viper, Firebrand and Spencer went on to become fan favorites.

I thought I was in the circus, after reading this post.

Despite the fact, I became an UMvC3 hater on Day 2, I wanted C. Viper, Lei-Lei, and was optimistic for a redone Jill for RE5, since we had Chris/Wesker, and I loved STARS Jill with Ryu/Megaman.

Cable would be fair and balanced in MVC3.

He would probably be lower mid tier at best, since even if you gave him the ability to link multiple HVB he would probably be a Hawkeye with more damage but far less options and no Gimlet. He could be a nice support character though.

I mean it was smart for them to include the Spencer no one wanted. Pay to play as the not goofy looking one.

Wait, who wanted to play as Rad Spencer from Rearmed 2? That game was terrible! The only thing interesting about that skin was that it threw in a reference to the second worst Bionic Commando game in the series; if there was a costume with some armor from Bionic Commando: Elite Forces, we'd have all three duds in the series covered.

>Reading last page about poor Marvel characters
>Chucking Megaman into the fire because no one actually put any work into dude for a fighter

Man, I swear if I ever become a designer, I'll have a homage character that puts the fear of God into you non-believers. :p

And I, for one, welcome our new buster-charging, armor-changing overlords.

I feel stupid for pointing this out, but at least three of the midair portraits (from the P1 side) at character select involve the characters doing divekicks.

mr. puppy

Banned
top level mvc2 is still far better than umvc3. sure the game is 10 years old and figured out, but everybody on the planet is going to be running doom/vergil by the time Evo comes around and I could watch MSP vs. Team Scrub

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thank god for alt costumes in Injustice, most main costumes suck, like this Catwoman one, wtf were they thinking?
WB giving creative freedom to NRS of all people for character designs is like the worst possible decision ever.

Even the ones you think they can't screw up, they screw up.

onionfrog

Arthur's well-designed. Mega Man's problem is that his weapon change gimmick doesn't translate all that well.
If they had put Megaman in and done him justice, he'd be the fucking Dante of keepaway. Hell, they'd have atleast 80 different special weapons to choose from when designing his moveset.

Hawkeye is basically what Arthur was supposed to be. The good zoning characters in the game also have some good normals like him, Chris, Taskmaster, Dorm, Deadpool, MODOK, Iron Man and Morrigan plus actually have some sort of movement. They sort of messed up on Strange too, they over compensated for his strengths. Still not as bad as Arthur, Ghost Rider and Phoenix Wright.
I like Arthur, but you're right. Hawkeye basically does his job better, therefore I almost always pick Hawkeye over Arthur.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Megaman was kept out so they could put him in Fighters of Capcom; a game only containing Megaman characters and villains. Believe.

Top Bottom