• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 18-24 | FGC Kickstart 101: Cut a deal with the bronies

Arthur has tools Hawkeye doesn't have, like a hyper that can chain ad infinitum, a level 3 that can hit assists, an endless blockstring in XF3, a 15 projectile durability assist with beam properties, better pressure than Hawkeye (yes), an instant overhead, and an invincible dragon punch.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does anyone know the specifics of the MCZ sponsorship/partnership with TS? I've heard this means they'll be doing more MCZ events, but not much else.

Is there a schedule for Red Fight District?
It's linked in the OP. You can use the entry in the Special Events section to gauge the timezone change.

So Chris G who doesn't main this game, infact he admits he doesn't even like SF4, is bodying many of Europe's best. Not only is he beating some of these guys fairly easy, he is straight up trolling them during the match. Granted Chris G has always been a pretty good SF4 player, just kind of funny to see someone like him doing this when he's known as arguably the best Marvel player in the world right now and doesn't even like the other game he is doing so well in right now. It's almost like he's sending a message to Europe that he doesn't care and will still win.

So Chris G who doesn't main this game, infact he admits he doesn't even like SF4, is bodying many of Europe's best. Not only is he beating some of these guys fairly easy, he is straight up trolling them during the match. Granted Chris G has always been a pretty good SF4 player, just kind of funny to see someone like him doing this when he's known as arguably the best Marvel player in the world right now and doesn't even like the other game he is doing so well in right now. It's almost like he's sending a message to Europe that he doesn't care and will still win.

Only Luffy gave him a challenge.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oh look. It's Ferdi. The guy that lost so bad against a GAFFER that he ragequit and did some stupid things until his team dropped him.

sleepykyo

It's amazing how many free jump-ins he is getting. European anti-air network is down.

People do the whole "omg i don't even play this game and im beating you" thing all the time

Dahbomb

Chris G regularly plays SF4 at BC and usually places in the top 4/8 every week. He's a solid player at the game. He's not nearly as godly at the game at Marvel but he's a gatekeeper at tournaments. He will rarely if ever win it but he's going to body a lot of people in the process.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sakura's standing jab beats Abel's wheel kick.

I can't imagine how pissed they are after that. That was Xbox Live level of trolling.

Dahbomb

It's just the stage he's doing it in. Many of Europe's best are here. He didn't do this against Next Level guys, which is what I found so hilarious.
I think it's because the pressure is off him in teams. He can afford to troll when he has players like Dieminion and Xian backing him up. Plus a lot of the better players at BC are aware of his gimmicks and Sakura seems to be the type of character that does better in fewer games when you have less time to download or can take fewer risks.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The thing is, these guys aren't exactly nobodies either. They did pretty good at Canada Cup. And Chris G pales in comparison to his teammates and his Marvel play so it's surprising he OCVed yet alone doing it while completely trolling. Runaway fullscreen tatus, standing jabs x999, neutral tatus x999, etc.

He beat Luffy? That's impressive. 2/3?

Who else did he play?

He beat Luffy in teams single elimination, I would love to see a runback. He beat everyone else free even though 2pac did beat him in teams, he was jumping in free on his viper and trolling, too bad we could not see the end of that fight cause the stream dropped will have to watch the VOD.

kirblar

Dieminion winning MvC3 a few weeks back = same thing.

Kikujiro

Rice you're forgetting that ChrisG was doing that in team single elimination, let's see how he does in the actual tourney. It's not the same thing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Players with good "fundamentals" do good in any game they're in. That's why great players in AE like Die and Ricky beat Marvel players' faces in and vice versa with players like Chris G. It's also why Wong does decent in nearly every game he plays. The skills transfer over more than folks think, though I think moreso AE to Marvel than the other way around because in Marvel you've gotta take into account a ton more stuff and thus those particular skills are focused on less.

Rice you're forgetting that ChrisG was doing that in team single elimination, let's see how he does in the actual tourney. It's not the same thing.

I think it's just as impressive because he was going through a entire teams roster and all the guys who didn't play first could sit their and observe what he's doing and prep for it. I mean they had plenty of time to say to themselves "oh hell naw, I'm not letting this fool get away with this shit against me". And he did it anyways.

Tik-Tok

Is there a way to see how many viewers are watching on that new twitch page layout?

SZUHPi1.jpg

Top Bottom