• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 15 Dungeon and Wildlife videos.

Geg

I actually didn't like the battle theme here all that much. Mostly just because the strings at the start seemed kinda OTT for a normal encounter. They create a tension which really isn't reflected in the fight itself.

It was less 'lets beat up some monsters!' and more 'fight for your life!'

Like it was mentioned before, this battle theme is used for encounters at night and apparently in caves/dungeons, where the battles are supposed to be much more difficult than normal daytime overworld encounters

Bousf

You're not being simultaneously treated to a lack of lipsync.
You got a point there, the VA in trailers was unbearable partly because of that xD
I really hope I can say I stand them once lip sync is included (hopefully by E3)

Razzer

Like it was mentioned before, this battle theme is used for encounters at night and apparently in caves/dungeons, where the battles are supposed to be much more difficult than normal daytime overworld encounters

Which sounds good on paper, but those enemies didn't look very threatening and their health bars were going down pretty easily. Still, it's best not to judge games that are still in development too harshly. It was merely an observation.

SPAW

Which sounds good on paper, but those enemies didn't look very threatening and their health bars were going down pretty easily. Still, it's best not to judge games that are still in development too harshly. It was merely an observation.

but the party died at the end?

raven777

What was the hitstun problem that they fixed? Haven't really kept up with other recent footage.

last week
CorruptDelightfulAmericancrayfish.gif

today
HarmoniousAncientAmericansaddlebred.gif

So I can't exactly tell in these videos so far. Does anyone have any idea what the strategy to the combat is in this game? Can you customize what weapons are used and when, or customize how your party members use their skills? I mean, the game looks gorgeous, but all I really see is the auto attacks stuff right now.

tuxfool

Banned
The dub is still bad. I don't care what anyone says, I can't stand Prompto's English VA.

Yup. Regardless of personal preferences, he doesn't sound like a person, he sounds like something you'd get from a loony tunes character minus the charm.

Ultimadrago

Wildlife video needs one of those Animal Planet or Discovery Channel whispering commentators.

"Here we have the Iron Giant in its natural forest habitat, readying a spell of Barrier to cast before it swings down upon that pack of wild Cockatrice."

Only thing it was missing. lol

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The most upsetting is Noctis. That's the dude I'm supposed to feel for... Why would u make him sound like Batman :(((
He doesn't sound anything like Batman, he sounds like someone trying too hard. Kevin Conroy never sounds like he's trying too hard. In fact, Batman doesn't even talk during combat iirc.

He doesn't sound anything like Batman, he sounds like someone trying too hard. Kevin Conroy never sounds like he's trying too hard. In fact, Batman doesn't even talk during combat iirc.

Batman very much sounds like he is trying to hard in my opinion. Especially in the Dark Knight films. But I suppose he really is...Batman is a character invented by Bruce Wayne.

DeSolos

The English dub is so bad... I actually like dubs, but Square just can never nail localization(except for FF12). It always sounds like a mediocre anime dub. Part of it is in the how they localize the lines, and part of it is voice direction. I'm sure all the actors they chose are good at what they do, but this isn't showcasing their talent.

Hope they include the Japanese dialogue. I seriously never opt for this option, but I think I'm going to have to this time.

Mihos

Gold Member
First video looks like Grand Theft Chocobo... complete with Trevor's trailer

Then cuts to FF12 combat

Wakka212

I've been saying it since this game was initially revealed: This is the FF that will bring this series back from the dead.

The combat is innovating in a way that maintains the need for strategy while making you feel powerful and mobile.

Open world is finally making a return and the art direction is indicitive of FF roots!

Astral

My goodness that music. I'm glad they have at least two battle themes so far. That's something the XIII trilogy got right. It didn't have just one battle theme the entire game. It had multiple ones that played whenever it seemed appropriate.

Rpgmonkey

Chocobos looked cool. Nice "wild" vibe to the designs while still looking very reminiscent of the NES/SNES-era chocobo sprite designs.

why is the VA so tacky? it's 2015
Game looks alright but Final Fantasies days as the premiere RPG series are long over.
Honestly I think i'm more hyped for Xenoblade X at the moment.

Dynasty8

Wow...that wildlife video...just shows how much time they spent on this game.

I think this game will become one of the greatest of all time.

desu

Quite sadly the more they show, the more dull and boring the game looks to me. I guess they are aiming for a different direction but GTA/Witcher Final Fantasy doesn't look all that appealing to me so far, but maybe it's just this area which we see for the 100000th time now.

Valnen

I'm still upset you can just hold the button to auto combo unlike Kingdom Hearts, but it looks like the combat has enough "impact" that it will still feel really nice.

Valnen

『Inaba Resident』;153792155 said:
Then just tap it.

I probably will, I just don't think any sort of auto combat has a place in an action RPG. It shouldn't even be an option.

Top Bottom