• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 15 Dungeon and Wildlife videos.

Chilikar

last week
CorruptDelightfulAmericancrayfish.gif

today
HarmoniousAncientAmericansaddlebred.gif

I was under the impression that they always had varying speed. One of the trailers had slow combat and the ones after would be much faster. Then the previous ATR had slow combat so I was pretty convinced that was the case. I believe even type-0 had that. I think actually pressing the buttons is faster, and holding is slower (which was a mechanic in type-0, I think)

I was under the impression that they always had varying speed. One of the trailers had slow combat and the ones after would be much faster. Then the previous ATR had slow combat so I was pretty convinced that was the case. I believe even type-0 had that. I think actually pressing the buttons is faster, and holding is slower (which was a mechanic in type-0, I think)

IIRC, they flat out said they changed the hitsun.

I probably will, I just don't think any sort of auto combat has a place in an action RPG. It shouldn't even be an option.

why not?
If its an option and it isn't forced on you, i see no issue.

Considering how realistic (and non-cute) the chocobos look.....
can you imagine what the moogles are going to look like?

I know there's that ancient Versus era interview where they said the moogles are going to look like Type 0's, but I honestly can't imagine them doing that at this point. Won't fit the look of the world at all.

last week
CorruptDelightfulAmericancrayfish.gif

today
HarmoniousAncientAmericansaddlebred.gif
Looking really good. Can't wait to see the fastest weapons and the slower, hardhitting ones. I'm praying for a katana-like weapon that allows for charged drawing and comes out in a flash. They were also talking about a way to guard (evade?) that doesn't use MP at all. Can't wait to see what that is.

Also hoping there'll be perfect attacking, a la Lightning Returns. Made fighting really fun.

Chilikar

『Inaba Resident』;153792533 said:
IIRC, they flat out said they changed the hitsun.

why not?
If its an option and it isn't forced on you, i see no issue.
Oh really? That's embarrassing hahah. In my defense I forgot about this ATR and haven't watched it. I hope that button tapping would result in faster combos tho, it would be nice if the attacks were done in coordination with my taps rather than with the rhythm they use for holding

DeSolos

Not a fan of the new color grading. It's very brown, and there is too much vignetting.
W6Tgecs.png

mHcSlal.png

The overall look in the October footage was a lot more natural.
PY02eL0.png

EDIT: Better example

Not a fan of the new color grading. It's very brown, and there is too much vignetting.

The overall look in the October footage was a lot more natural.

could be a work in progress still or time of day, plus remember their uploads to youtube usually suck ass lol they need to stop being cheap and buy better equipment. btw that was Xb1 footage and it looked great! makes me confident in the ps4 version.

DeSolos

Speak for yourself, the chocobos look cute as fuck.

Wonder if it has to do with the time of day.

OZYQSzl.png

It's partially time of day, but compared to the older footage at a similar time it's definitely graded differently. Cooler tones like the green in the trees aren't so crushed into a dull brown.

They seem to be showing a lot of stuff off from this game. It's all from a demo? Is this the most hyped demo of all time?

I guess they are really expecting the game to be good? Is that why they are pushing the demo so hard?

Can you limit the amount of strings you do or does Noctis always do the same combo once your Gambit is set? Like, starting a combo with two normal swings and then ending it with a heavy attack

Can you limit the amount of strings you do or does Noctis always do the same combo once your Gambit is set? Like, starting a combo with two normal swings and then ending it with a heavy attack
If we could choose between strings on the fly...that'd be awesome. Somehow I don't think we will though. Maybe it's like a Musou game where you're stuck with the one string, though you can customize it in a menu in XV.

DeSolos

They seem to be showing a lot of stuff off from this game. It's all from a demo? Is this the most hyped demo of all time?

I guess they are really expecting the game to be good? Is that why they are pushing the demo so hard?

The stuff in the videos is from a newer build. Not all of it is in the demo. That said they have a lot they haven't shown us as they've only been showing things from this region.

sn00zer

Its really incredibly finally seeing these 16bit designs fully realized in 3D. Really looks like the Final Fantasy we all saw in our heads as kids.

FYI, there will be Japanese audio in the demo, and Tabata said he would like to include it in the final release, so cross your fingers.

Also the hitstun is definitely an improvement, but I'm glad to see it still exists on the larger weapons.

kaitain19

Anyone else creeped out by the goblins?

Watching the wildlife video suddenly made me realized just how creepy it would be if humanoid monsters like that exists in real life. I think it's the nearly realistic graphic that highlighted their uncanny valley-ness.

The goblins looks vaguely humanoid yet doesn't act like a human, especially compared with the other creatures in the video, which are clearly just wild animals.

batbeg

Anyone else creeped out by the goblins?

Watching the wildlife video suddenly made me realized just how creepy it would be if humanoid monsters like that exists in real life. I think it's the nearly realistic graphic that highlighted their uncanny valley-ness.

The goblins looks vaguely humanoid yet doesn't act like a human, especially compared with the other creatures in the video, which are clearly just wild animals.

I just think of the goblins as monkeys and it settles that uneasiness I have from watching the little scoundrels.

So glad they turned down the hitstun, and I'm glad that people were able to make a thing of it without turning it into an overblown drama.

I'm sort of ranting, I guess, but I don't think a lot of people realize that saying "that hitstun is too much and makes combat feel slow" is much more actionable feedback than saying "combat looks clunky and boring. I'm out"

SPAW

Lighting and wildlife looks amazing.

onshnk.gif

So much this. The lightning in this game is on a new level. it might not be on the order level when it comes to numbr of polygons and AA, but that lightning sure is the best I have seen yet.

I wish they'd straight-up rip the commands window from KH:BBS or Dream Drop Distance instead of having the left-right thing for abilities. It sucks not being able to know what your next ability is unless you scroll to it.

looking more amazing. Especially that wild life video.

Just wish all the other members of the team didn't wear plain black like noctis in such a colorful world

True Fire

That night/cave battle theme is godly. Very classic Final Fantasy, with Shimomura's personal touch to it. It's too bad it's not the battle theme at all times.

So much this. The lightning in this game is on a new level. it might not be on the order level when it comes to numbr of polygons and AA, but that lightning sure is the best I have seen yet.

Oh please don't let Toriyama hear you. It will give him ideas.

I'm not really sold on the voicework. Like, sometimes it'll sound pretty good (like in the Jump Festa trailer), but other times it just sounds unnatural, like Noctis's grunts that kind of go too low. I'm glad that there's a reason for Ignis's accent though, since he's from a diff part of the world. I hope that we get to visit his hometown and delve into his character, kinda like what we did for FF7's characters. Same with the other guys.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm actually hoping they tone down the ATRs a bit after the demo launch. At this point I feel they've shown too much of a product that people are supposed to discover for themselves, magnifying even the slightest details.

Naoki Yoshida's approach with the Letter from the Producer series aired about every two months or so. I think that'd be a good plan for Tabata to follow.

I'm actually hoping they tone down the ATRs a bit after the demo launch. At this point I feel they've shown too much of a product that people are supposed to discover for themselves, magnifying even the slightest details.

Naoki Yoshida's approach with the Letter from the Producer series aired about every two months or so. I think that'd be a good plan for Tabata to follow.

I think (and hope) they do as well. It will probably one more after the demo and then the big events like E3 and stuff.

Pretty soon they'll have nothing left to show but spoilers and goodness knows I wish SE would cut back on those.

Yeah. The best thing I think is to just cut these ATR and let trailers appearing in E3/TGS (with maybe one or two streams until launch). At least we won't see fans complaining about other elements from the game as well.

Hopefully Tabata is wise for that at least.

Also, a little other change to the UI is that now the MP required for an ability is right next to the amount of MP you have in the little Ability Menu at the corner.

Top Bottom